S-10 Forum banner

How do you adjust a bolt-on 4 link?

7K views 66 replies 16 participants last post by  lowho75 
#1 ·
I just got this truck and it has a lot of problems. I just popped the u-joint. It has really bad vibration through most of the mph range. I think it all has to do with the four link.I am going to fix all of the problems need to take care of the worst one first. Needs shocks all the way around it. If anyone can tell who made this four link and how to adjust it? I will try to get some better pic later cause it is raining now. If anyone has some parts for sell let me know new bags, rollpan, 8 port tank, etc.

See less See more
#31 ·
I bought a truck that was bagged several years ago, off of a member on here. At first inspection, there seemed to be a few issues, smaller ones, but nothing major. Price was fair (so I thought), and I bought it. Drive it home (7 hour drive by the way) and noticed a SERIOUS vibration in the rear.

Turned out, the previous owner had replaced the u-joints, but not put the caps back on, so the u-joints were flopping around all over the place. Surprised it made it home like that.

After a through inspection a few days later, I found LOTS of issues with the truck, including wiring, air ride setup, etc....
I endedu p with around 40 hours of labor in it, fixing and redoing the setup to make it safe and reliable.

Afterwards, I decided I no longer wanted the truck. I sold it for about $1500 profit, but that was not taking my time into consideration (which, at that point, I had nothing better to do anyways, and it kept me out of trouble).

I will NEVER buy a truck again that is already bagged though. The only exception would be if I knew the person who did the work personally, and knew it was done right. Otherwise, I wont make that mistake again. Ever.

#32 ·
I would have to agree with you 100%. Warning to all those buying already bagged trucks if you don't have the time to completely check a truck out from front to back don't buy it. When and if I get rid of it, it will be better than I recieved it. I would not want to live with someone getting hurt or knowing i sold some someone a P.O.S. Now i am moving on to pulling the motor to fix the oil pan.

#39 · (Edited)
So i decided to fix the oil pan leak that came with the truck. While I am doing this I decided to put some headers on the truck and fix the gas tank(you'll see lol). I have the T-5 Tranny so everything has to come out to get to the oil pan. I will tell ya it is so much easier to get to things with the exhaust manifold out of the way. I need to clean the engine block too. I think i am going to change the valve cover gasket while i got stuff torn apart. For the guys who have done headers do you need to put one of those flex pipes back in. My truck didn't have one and I am not surprised. lol

here is the manifold that came out of the truck

Engine

#42 ·
Holly hack from hell lol. Noticed your uca's are cut up also to get more lift I'm guessing? Idk if its been answered but there are relays inside the glove box can't remember what they go to. But yeah. Also there is no fuse box under the hood only on the side of the dash. Not really sure why they had to cut into the floor for the driveshaft either.
The great thing about this is that by seeing the hacked stuff you'll know what not to do. I've been through this a few times. Think I'd learn my lesson eventually lol

#45 ·
Hell yeah! You're the first person I have seen that plated the lcas like I do!

#49 ·
Now I know why the tranny won't come out, The previous owner stock floored it and lowered the cab mounts. The back of the tranny is hitting the firewall. So I am left with three options:
1. Cut the firewall and remove and weld back patch
2. Try to lift the cab 2 inches
3. Pull the motor
Opinions, Which one would you do?
Here is what it looks like.

#51 ·
Either way you gotta fix the firewall and tranny tunnel so I say cut it.

#53 ·
I also decided to change the gas tank out because the one in the truck was leaking. When i drain the gas I will take a picture of the hack job they called a repair. I don't even know where or what this gas tank they had installed even came out of. You can see the size of the new one vs the one that was in the truck. Who can guess what vehicle that gas take should be in?
New tank compared to the one in the truck

One that was in the truck

#55 ·
OMG just read threw your thread, HACK! but you seem to be on the rite track good looks.
imo i would cut that trans x mem out and make or buy a new one to bolt in thertes a mod here thats simple to get rid of those ears that hang down, and for were the frame never got welded in the pocket weld a piece of rod around the whole pocket no chance of it cracking or ne thing heres mine

#56 ·
I should get the 2012 HACK OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I got the front of the truck torn apart and it has reveled another problem to fix.
I tell you what if I ever buy a used mini truck I will def go through everything before I buy it.
Take a good look at the pic. Do you see it?

Look at the frame horns. What the hell did they do? Why did they do that! When I took the core support I figured out how bad a job they did. They hacked up the core support because they f-uped the frame horns so bad. I have to fix this now so everything will line up.

They cut the core support up to fit. Check the pic

Look here They even had the headlight screwed to the core support

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.