Going from SSD 3 link w/behind and under to SD 5 link questions - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Going from SSD 3 link w/behind and under to SD 5 link questions

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Baggin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
ELTC

User is: OffLine
Going from SSD 3 link w/behind and under to SD 5 link questions

truck sits with the bolt on SD 3 link (older style short bars) and bags behind and under. Im about to be cutting off my axle brackets soon and putting on the rear section of a bolt on 5 link.
My question, is my pinion angle going to be good where been at for so long at or will i most likely be making some changes? I dont for the life of me remember what its set at right now but Ill have that info later on.

Just curious if anyone else has went from 3 link bags behind and under to full on 5 link and faced any gremlins along the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #2

Re: Going from SSD 3 link w/behind and under to SD 5 link questions

I don't see why it would change it besides the extra lift you get, but you won't be riding around sky jacked so you should be good.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
ELTC

my thoughts as well. IDK i guess because i going to the 1:2 ratio now something in my mind had me thinking that if my pinion angle wasnt correctly set (as is with the 3 link on) then things would be all sorts of ****ed up when i get the rest of the 5 liink on and set.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Registered Asshole

Are you still going to be riding at the same height?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
i don't like people

shouldnt change anything because the axle is already all locked up by the links for your ride hieght
Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #6

Dude as long as you set your axle parallel with tranny at ride height the lift bars won't matter. For example my ride height is set at 4" off the ground. My tranny is about 3 degrees \ therefore I set the yolk 3 degrees \ making them parallel. Just use a good digital angle finder. Once it's set do the lift bars.

If you are going to use the shock portion of that bracket make sure you rotate it enough so that the shocks will clear the axle on on side and that the lift bar doesn't bind on the other side. The bars are closest to the axle when they are parallel to the ground ( assuming truck is level)
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
ELTC

Quote: Originally Posted by AaronK
Dude as long as you set your axle parallel with tranny at ride height the lift bars won't matter. For example my ride height is set at 4" off the ground. My tranny is about 3 degrees \ therefore I set the yolk 3 degrees \ making them parallel. Just use a good digital angle finder. Once it's set do the lift bars.

If you are going to use the shock portion of that bracket make sure you rotate it enough so that the shocks will clear the axle on on side and that the lift bar doesn't bind on the other side. The bars are closest to the axle when they are parallel to the ground ( assuming truck is level)
makes complete sense thanks bud
Old 05-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
So what if i drag my ass

Hmmm, i just bought a sd 3 link used, im thinking about running a 5 as well, i just just nedd two bars and 4 tabs and shackles ? Do they make a kit to but to add the 3 to a 5 ?
I thought some time ago i heard of one.?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #9

They absolutely so. It's 2 cross members, 2 axle mounts w/ shock mounting attached, and 2 lift bars. Really simple.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #10

$500 if you call and order it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.