engine driven air compressor / air ride ? need help bad ! - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

engine driven air compressor / air ride ? need help bad !

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Baggin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1

Question engine driven air compressor / air ride ? need help bad !

MY TRUCK = 2001 s10 extreme 4 cylinder 5 speed

i ordered a air comressor from a parts store for a 1974 ford pinto because they had yorks on them so wether i have a 209 or 210 i am not sure. the EDC came with a clutch and everything but its a V belt pulley .

SOO the problem is ... ive been told to mount this edc in my stock AC's place which i dont have AC anyways .. and if i do mount it there do i need to order a special clutch pulley to fit the belt on my s10 ? Do i need to order special brackets or a edc kit for my truck ?

the more information anyone could give me the better . the more pictures of the way you may have yours set up the better . i would appreciate anyones input. help a mini trucker out here.
Attached Thumbnails
engine driven air compressor / air ride ? need help bad !-s7000376.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
Street Whore

Re: engine driven air compressor / air ride ? need help bad !

best bet would be to make a bracket off to the side of the alternator, weld a v-belt pulley to the alternator pulley and spin the york off the alternator. it pumps a hell of alot faster being spun off a smaller pulley than being just inline with the motor.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Extended cab or no cab.

User is: OffLine

they make the pulleys that have the v belt and serpentine. they come with the york kits. Not sure where to get them by themselves though.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:43 AM   #4

dimebagged 99 thanks ive seen pictures where people have done that , i didnt want to take it that far into modification to make this work but if theres no way i can put it in its stock location then i may have to . i thought they make pulleys that go on the front of alternators , and you didnt have to weld ?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:03 AM   #5

Should have went with a Sanden http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Sanden-4711-...#ht_3414wt_911

Mounted mine in the stock ac location works perfect
Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 AM   #6

thanks kustemz if i cant find a way to get this york mounted up .. anyone interested in buying ? i payed 300 dollars for this id like to sell it for 3 including the shipping to anyone VIA PAYPAL lmk . i still want to hear responses about the york though.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 AM   #7

Your welcome..
Old 06-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
moxion234

dude i hope you understand this isnt a personal attack on you.....

what in the hell is wrong with people? is it that had to use the search and do a lil research b4 you start doing things like this... 300 dollars for a york? weld a pulley on? are you guys smoking crack? i could understand if you brand new in this scene but come on! i dont have 300 in my whole edc setup... use the search function scan through the threads spend sum time educating your self and then figure out what your going to do
Old 06-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
ELTC

Quote: Originally Posted by moxion234
dude i hope you understand this isnt a personal attack on you.....

what in the hell is wrong with people? is it that had to use the search and do a lil research b4 you start doing things like this... 300 dollars for a york? weld a pulley on? are you guys smoking crack? i could understand if you brand new in this scene but come on! i dont have 300 in my whole edc setup... use the search function scan through the threads spend sum time educating your self and then figure out what your going to do
give him a break, hey now you were and still are a noob on things and you had your moments so this is a little out of line. and no im not harrassing you so dont go threatening to tell the moderators again just try to help the guy out. whether you say its not a personal attack or not it sure looks like one. maybe he bought before even being a forum member?

bro honestly the asking price is a little high and wont sell for tha. i picked up a 209 for 85 shipped to my door. gauge sell clutches for around 100-125.
I have a new serp clutch and bracket if your interested in trading your v-belt clutch we can both eat our own shipping costs. Its BRAND NEW. here's a pic if youre interested PM me
Old 06-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #10
ELTC

too late to edit. OP the top although i cant really see it that well looks like a 210.
checkout this page for edc parts
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/engin...andpieces.aspx
Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #11

When I had my York I ordered the bracket kit from gauge mag. It was like 300 bucks tho. It put the York on the left side next to the power steering and used a water pump pully
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
moxion234

Quote: Originally Posted by Gimp
give him a break, hey now you were and still are a noob on things and you had your moments so this is a little out of line. and no im not harrassing you so dont go threatening to tell the moderators again just try to help the guy out. whether you say its not a personal attack or not it sure looks like one. maybe he bought before even being a forum member?
lol wut ever dude i understand you evidently have sum sort of father complex that causes you to seek me out and give me a scolding lol

to the OP im sry if it did sound like i was being an ass honestly i was in a hurry and probally didnt word that has kindly has i could of.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #13

hey moxion . your a ****ing moron you turn something good like this forum into some bs like myspace . with that being said .. thanks to everyone for the posts ive looked things up on line and ive seen tons of jerry rigged stuff . i just want the most simple install preferably in the stock location considering my 20's go up in the fenders completely and camber and i drag the shit til it breaks i want to keep everything clear.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #14
moxion234

Quote: Originally Posted by sdimedriver10
hey moxion . your a ****ing moron you turn something good like this forum into some bs like myspace . with that being said .. thanks to everyone for the posts ive looked things up on line and ive seen tons of jerry rigged stuff . i just want the most simple install preferably in the stock location considering my 20's go up in the fenders completely and camber and i drag the shit til it breaks i want to keep everything clear.
whoa easy super noob (thats a joke) look honset to god i didnt mean for my post to sound assholeish (is this a word?) and i added an apology in case it did.. dont get your pantys in a bunch i honestly was just in a hurry to get to work i just wanted to point out that you had gone a very diffucult route and spent way to much money on a very simple mod.. i sincerally apologize if my post offended you like i said i was in a super hurry.
The "most simple install" with plenty on room so you can "drag your shit" would of been a saden.. which you would of known had you searched b4 you posted or spent 300 on a york, i have made the mistake plenty and paid for it in money and flaming here... again man im not busten your balls that being said i think it would b unwise to call sumone a moron when you spent 300 on a york and are lost in your edc project.. and has far has jerry rigged stuff... mines still going strong and that's good enough for me.. we can get in2 details if you like but like i said im not looking for a internet brawl (i dont think my lil laptop can hang). if it help calm down your puter anger i have a sharp sense of humor and am currently laughing at the fact that your actually mad about sum shit on the internet. honest to god man im really not tryn to make you mad..... but you sure make it easy
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #15
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!

as far as edc's go, that one is top notch. mounting it in the stock location is next to impossible, but i did it on my 02' dime. had to weld up some custom brackets as usuall with a 210 install. $300 is high considering i get mine for $35-$40 but you have it and thats that. sometimes the search button is a joke, dont take the replies too much to heart man.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #16
ELTC

Quote: Originally Posted by moxion234
lol wut ever dude i understand you evidently have sum sort of father complex that causes you to seek me out and give me a scolding lol
no you just seem to have a nack for saying dumb shit in every thread you go to. just quit it im not goin down this road with you again
EDIT ive talked to the OP and Im gonna hook him up with a v-belt clutch. in the mean time if anyone has some numbers to places he can call up and pick a sanden up from post em up. Ill help him sell the 210 so he can atleast get a few bucks towards a sanden project

Last edited by Gimp; 06-04-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #17
moxion234

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f125/sanden-427016/

this is one of the first post i ever made (mabye even the first?) after researching and reading and spending sleepless nights thinking about how exactly it would work out.. i learned all of this from using the search fuction.. yes it suked to read through like 300 threads that had anything to do with edc but i managed to do it and do it simply and cheaply beacuse of the great pepole on this forum.... so please dont mistake my being noob at everything else with being a noob on sandens... im learning the same has 90 percent of the pepole on this site are. i am very helpfull and have put my personal number out there for pepole to get in conctact with me so that i could help them the same way this site helped me ( hopefully a couple of them will chiime in) anyways man good luck in your endevors im done
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #18
moxion234

no you just seem to have a nack for saying dumb shit in every thread you go to. just quit it im not goin down this road with you again
EDIT ive talked to the OP and Im gonna hook him up with a v-belt clutch. in the mean time if anyone has some numbers to places he can call up and pick a sanden up from post em up. Ill help him sell the 210 so he can atleast get a few bucks towards a sanden project

haha are you serious? i have nothing but dumb shit to say but i manage to post the ebay seller that sells sandens brand new for 140 right sumthing you would know if you wernt so busy trying to jump my shit right? do i need to post up the pm's you sent me about how you were so high and mighty cause you had been here awhile that i better "watch it buddy" or how pepole get bannned for the way i talked to you when in fact when i sent copys to the mods they said if you keep doing it you were going on a lil mini vacatoin? you wanna avoid going down this road again? how bout you stop stalking me down in every thread and pretending your special. obiusllly we cant get along so how bout you just ingore me the same way ive done you?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #19
ELTC

like i said not playing this game. another thread ruined. sry OP
Old 06-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #20
moxion234

like i said not playing this game. another thread ruined. sry OP

the thread isnt ruined the information it there if he wants it. and for sumone not playing a game you sure do chase me around the forums.. funny how your the only one i have an on-going problem with...

to the OP like i said im sry if i came out harsh its just hard knowing how easy it is to have the super fast fill times and ultra long play times and have sumbody going down a hard/expensive road.. my frustration is not directed towards you but mostly a refection of self, has i slowly get my tahoe together... im no different than you learning has i go.. pls accept my apology if i did actually offend you.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #21
ELTC

1. i said im not going down this road again
2. like i said not playing this game
3. Must i say anything a 3rd time. Even tho I could damn well use a vacation I wouldnt want to give you any new material to send to the moderators now, Lame, so seriously just stop and leave this thread concentrated on the original topic.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #22
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY

to make it super easy, just get a 508 sanden with the ear mounts.

with some slight modification to the stock ac bracket the sanden will bolt right up.

i sell the sandens for 125 shipped. they are used, with serp clutch and tested to 300psi
Old 06-05-2010, 02:36 AM   #23

Quote: Originally Posted by Dragginbody
to make it super easy, just get a 508 sanden with the ear mounts.

with some slight modification to the stock ac bracket the sanden will bolt right up.

i sell the sandens for 125 shipped. they are used, with serp clutch and tested to 300psi
x2 like I told him, moxion234, Tisk Tisk Tisk. All I am saying...
Old 06-05-2010, 04:19 AM   #24

sandy vagina's FTL...
Old 06-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #25
Sucker for Blondes

Quote: Originally Posted by bman194
sandy vagina's FTL...
no kidding, seems like we've got a little rivalry going on here...
Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #26

thanks draggin body.. dragginbody you will be getting a pm from me about your sanden. and thanks gimp, we will be trading clutches . and thanks kustomez for your helpful input about the easy way to get a edc. i got a lot of useful information out of all this .
Old 07-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #27

um i need help. where can i get everything i need to run my york driven compressor in my s10
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #28
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.

SEARCH!!!!! Granted u most of to bring up a dead thread. But search more
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #29
JUST LOOK AT IT!!

Old 10-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #30

Lightbulb Re: engine driven air compressor / air ride ? need help bad !

I have seen plenty of items including complete kits for york set ups at Kilby enterprises. I have installed a york 210 in a full size GMC shortbed I had. I made the brakets for mounting with a plasma cutter and mig welder. Then went junk yard hopping for a pulley I could use to run v belt. I found one that fit on the front of my water pump that worked great. However the oiling is an issue. You must first do an oil mod to your york. Even after so there is alot of oil that still may pass through your system. So you must vent your crankcase, witch I did, and built a oil reservoir that would re-oil with oil that came out of crankcase from pressure build. Then I installed a oil and water seperator with check valve prior to tank. I also put in an adjustable pressure switch, and adjustable blow off valve. I would go from 0 lbs in 17 gallons to 250psi in under 2 minutes. My truck would leave the ground with all fours at 250psi. So I readjusted to 200 psi. I loved my set up, it was very dependable, and very fast, plus quiet. I am now developing a system to use any a/c to air pump with reliability. When I am done building and testing the unit, I am in hopes of mass production.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #31

Can someone send me a link how to install one because I dnt get it lol thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.