EDC for m4 94 2.2L? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

EDC for m4 94 2.2L?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Baggin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Twizted Intentions TN

User is: OffLine
EDC for m4 94 2.2L?

Any kit I can buy to use the stock A/c location as mine is out of service anyway. I just had one of my 380's go out and was thinking of going with 2 480's but EDC also crossed my mind for the $350+ ill spend for new Viairs... Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
ELTC

Re: EDC for m4 94 2.2L?

i would seriously search this topic out bro. EDC really isnt a "kit" type ordeal..
But for your 2.2 most ive seen have been sandens in the stock AC location (which i kknow squat about) or york 209's in the upright or sideways position using a serpentine clutch/pulley intergrated into the stock serp belt.. It can certainly be done and work great for you but this topic has been talked about quite a few times already and pictures have been posted so to find more i would try searching this forum under keywords such a (York, york 209, york 210, sanden, sanden 509, 709, engine driven compressor, serpentine clutch) ect ect
Unfortunately alot more people use the 4.3 engines so your searching may be a little more difficult. But the info is surely there
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
*Just Do It*

Here's what I came up with on mine to fit under the stock hood(before the bodydrop). Moved the alternator to the top and put the 209 where the alternator was. The alternator is also off of a fullsize, so that's why it might look big.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
ELTC

when I posted in here i actually thought of you.. and the bubble hood
Edit: getting to your fill plug for oiling must be a BITCH!! But im sure you developed some kind of breather/fill tube for the right side of the comp/fill plug for better access right...
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
*Just Do It*

Yep. That lil shiny dot right next to the compressors filter is my fill tube. Its just a 3/8 hard line that threads into the compressor and has a threaded cap. I have never vented my compressor though
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
*Just Do It*

I miss the bubble
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
ELTC

I see it. I did pretty much the same thing without the hardline. Tapped mine to 3/8" NPT and used a 3/8" ptc fitting and some fuel hose and added a tiny breather to it. Using brake line like ive seen some others do was just not going to happen and its too small to let the compressor breathe IMO. The 3/8" fuel line had a decent enough opening enough for me to add my breather but Id love to get hardline and do what youve done..

Some never vent them and never have problems, some have nightmares. Guess youre one of the lucky ones lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.