Draggin my Xtreme - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Draggin my Xtreme

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Baggin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Draggin my Xtreme

Ok i just got my 3link from SD right now it's mono leafed with a 3 inch notch. I have the 8 inch notch in a box waiting on a welder "machine not the person i can weld" Any way my question is. Can I drag the rear and keep my kit? I like the Xtreme look but still want to drag.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
I own <several ties>

Re: Draggin my Xtreme

Might wanna use some drag blocks or balls. I have a feeling that your kit would get tore up fast. I'm gonna say that you probably could drag it but it would be really risky on the xtreme kit.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
No longer a pizza tech.

User is: Online

weld a swing set to your bumper.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #4

Oh thanks 90 that's so helpful. I'm assuming that's in reference to it being a SD 3 link? Should I have bought a bunch of 1x square and "fabbed up a link"? @ Blake thanks for the info.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
No longer a pizza tech.

yeah dude, don't mind the sd 5 link on my truck or anything.

swing set = drag block.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
I own <several ties>

No prob. And LULZES
Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #7

ah ok i retract my last statement! I have been a lurker for along time. I have read everything I can on the site so i dont have to ask many questions. Sorry if the i didn't get the reference right away, Thanks for clearing that up. Drag blocks that answers my question. Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
I own <several ties>

Quote: Originally Posted by sirsleepy
ah ok i retract my last statement! I have been a lurker for along time. I have read everything I can on the site so i dont have to ask many questions. Sorry if the i didn't get the reference right away, Thanks for clearing that up. Drag blocks that answers my question. Thanks
You might can drag just fine with the xtreme kit. I don't know 100% since i've never owned a bagged one. might wanna look around and ask someone with one or maybe they'll chime in.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
No longer a pizza tech.

since the x kit hangs lower than the frame you're probably going to have to run them really low, im not sure if you need to space them down or not.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
Negative 10

the BEST way to drag with an extreme kit, would be to bag your truck but also do a 1'' body lift. this will get your extreme kit level with the frame.

most PRACTICAL way to drag would be to take the kit off
Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
Baby > Home > S10

Yes you can drag but not the frame. The body kit hangs down about 3/8". I used the transmission crossmember in the front and drag blocks in the rear to hold mine just off the ground so that it doesnt lay frame (otherwise it will push the body kit off immediatly and **** it up). Even with this setup which works great while parked or low speeds, doesnt work flawlessly at high speed dragging due to variations in the road. Im on my third drivers side skirt but thats the only one Ive ever had a problem with, all my others are still original. But 2 have flung off and been unretrievable. A couple times it came off and i was able to go back and get it.

As has been said the best thing to do honestly would be to do a body lift but not 1", just 3/8" is all you would need to have the kit just touch the ground but not get smashed. ive never seen anyone do it though but it works in theory.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #12

Quote: Originally Posted by illest G
the BEST way to drag with an extreme kit, would be to bag your truck but also do a 1'' body lift. this will get your extreme kit level with the frame.
lol such an oxy moron. lift it to lower it
Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Negative 10

haha thats why i also made sure to list the practical way
Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #14

Thanks for all the responses guys. You answered my question.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #15
Need to DO WORK son

Quote: Originally Posted by xtucking22s
As has been said the best thing to do honestly would be to do a body lift but not 1", just 3/8" is all you would need to have the kit just touch the ground but not get smashed. ive never seen anyone do it though but it works in theory.
That is some good advice right there^^^
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
needs a cheeseburger

i had a xtreme kit on mine.i ran a 3/8 thick plate under the engine cross member and then i added 3/4 inch spacer under the stock spring hangers and the kit would touch the ground.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #17

Ive had to replace both of my very rear pieces and the piece under the filler neck, I pretty much used blocks to hold my truck up some so the kit wouldnt get all busted up, works great almost everywhere but there will be those uneven parking places that wanna push the kit up lol

The pieces are either hard to find, or really expensive!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #18

What did Dr. Pepper do? before he tore his truck apart and made it into the masterpiece it is today.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
STILL not low enough..

Quote: Originally Posted by xtucking22s
Yes you can drag but not the frame. The body kit hangs down about 3/8". I used the transmission crossmember in the front and drag blocks in the rear to hold mine just off the ground so that it doesnt lay frame (otherwise it will push the body kit off immediatly and **** it up). Even with this setup which works great while parked or low speeds, doesnt work flawlessly at high speed dragging due to variations in the road. Im on my third drivers side skirt but thats the only one Ive ever had a problem with, all my others are still original. But 2 have flung off and been unretrievable. A couple times it came off and i was able to go back and get it.

So you lay on your tranny x-member daily with no problems or what? I always thought it would hurt it to set down on it.. Just a quick question..
Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #20
Baby > Home > S10

Quote: Originally Posted by TheCleanOne
So you lay on your tranny x-member daily with no problems or what? I always thought it would hurt it to set down on it.. Just a quick question..
It's bolted in there plenty strong. It worked for me for many years. That little triangle plate on the drivers side and the bump on the passeneger works to hold it off the ground enough. ive since modified it because it made the passenger side sit up higher then the drivers side, but originally i just relied on on that crossmember and it worked fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.