Carrier bearing spacer - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Carrier bearing spacer

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Baggin' It
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Carrier bearing spacer

I've got my 95 s10. Ext cab. For a little while now when I ride low I get a loud noise coming from the driveline. From what I head spacing the carrier bearing up will do the trick. But my question is. How much? Will the jagsthatrun kit be the best remedy?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Afterhours Admin

Re: Carrier bearing spacer

You can try the JTR kit, it includes the tranny spacer too which is needed, but typically it is very difficult to get rid of all vibrations. Plus the fact that it only does it when youre low makes it less than important, you should set up the driveline at ride height. What really needs to be done is to measure out all the angles and adjust accordingly.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #3

Re: Carrier bearing spacer

my extreme did it from the factory when i bought it brand new only when taking off. i kept taking it back to the dealer and finally they spaced the carrier bearing up with a 1" block of aluminum. it fixed it, then i bagged it with a art road grater and strong arm kit and also did the same bag set up on my cousins identical truck and my driveshaft never made any vibrations but his did when he rode low. so i think the 1" block did help for me. its cheep and easy to do worth the try just my .02 good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.