S-10 Forum banner

01 blazer back half with bags on bar!!!

51K views 381 replies 61 participants last post by  draginlow 
#1 ·
Time to finally post it up its been in the works for almost 4 months now i started with a shitty mono leaf set up with a shitty notch. Time to do it right . Its been a slow progress and it will continue to be with my military life but anyway here you go!

Here it is monoed

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

Attachments

See less See more
#130 ·
Alright. sorry i dropped off the face of the earth for a while, but with the hurricane and all i was a little buisy . had no power to my house at all for 2 weeks. so anyway here we go on with the project.

I finally got the gas tank laer cut out of 14 ga stainless steel.

it came out great and exactly like i planned it. The first pictures are just showing the 2 halves. then it showes the sending unit mount from the old gas tank., its not gonna be square like that. its just like that for mock up. then ill cut it into a circle just around the mount. you can also see the 2 holes in the side . thats obviously for the filler and vent. and the last picture is the baffles i got cut out to keep the fuel from sloshing around .Also called free surface effect. . well here it is. more updates nexed week, gotta work fri sat sun.

IMG_2617 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2618 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2619 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2620 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2621 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2623 by ajsullo, on Flickr

#138 ·
looking good adam. keep up the great work.

#146 ·
ya man i like em they didnt fit to well onto my spindles though. u may have to modify slightly with a grinder to get them to seat properly. but other than that i have no problems with them. i think i gotta powder coat them kawasaki green though.

#147 ·
well heres an update . got the tank welded up. yes it was my first real time tigging something,so thats y the welds are eh. but anyway . got the tank brackets made as well.

enough talk . pics below

IMG_2635 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2637 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2639 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2640 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2641 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2642 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2643 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2644 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2646 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2653 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2654 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2655 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2659 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2661 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2663 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2664 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2665 by ajsullo, on Flickr

IMG_2667 by ajsullo, on Flickr

#148 ·
How many gallons is that tank going to hold? Everything is looking really good so far.

Sent from my YP-G70 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#150 ·
How many gallons is that tank going to hold? Everything is looking really good so far.

tank holds 15.87 gallons

#151 ·
tank looks good man and not bad for first time tig welding. what are you doing for fuel lines? using stock or AN?

im going with stainless steel braided hose to replace the stock lines.

thanks guys

#152 ·
looking good man. going to be a whole lot of sheet metal going into a new floor in that bitch huh :tup:

#154 ·
It also helps that you have Brian helping you out. Now only if he could finish his s10 lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.