Wynjammer superchargers? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Wynjammer superchargers?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Blowers and Bottles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #1

Wynjammer superchargers?

I have been reading up on these. It seems that people like them. Anyone have one? Do you like it? Also if i got one for my 4.3 what else will i need to get for it? Will i have to buy anything to manage the fuel. Also can you buy intercoolers for those kits? thanks alot.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #2

Re: Wynjammer superchargers?

Wynjammer dosen't sell Intercooler kits, but you can always add one in later down the road.

A BOV (Bypass Valve) is also nice along with some headers and free flowing intake.

You shouldn't need anything to control the fuel, they include the PROM Chips/ New ECU calibrated for the supercharger.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #3

What does the bypass vavle do? Also where can i get one? thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
Starting from scratch...

User is: OffLine

The bypass valve re-routes pressurized air back to the intake side of the supercharger/turbo when the throttle plate is closed suddenly. If the air is trapped between the sc/turbo and the throttle body on the charge-side piping, it can cause damage to the impeller, b/c the imp is still spinning at very high rpm and is fighting against the air that is trapped(It's not the greatest explanation, but it's my understanding, at least). At the very least, it causes the air the heat up very quickly (as rapid pressurizing tends to do), drastically raising I.a.t's. As a well-known rule-of-thumb, hot air=less power. A blow-off valve works the same way, but it vents to the atmosphere as opposed to back into the intake stream. If you're going to run it after the MAF, a bypass valve is more pcm-friendly, as the MAF tends to get hinky when all the metered air doesn't make it to the throttle body. If it's placed before the MAF, either option works fine.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
rat
Got Fuel Rails?

I am not a real big fan of the wynjammer due to the external belt. I have never owned one though.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #6

whats wrong with the external belt?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 AM   #7

What the hell is with all the damn adds on the forum??
Anyways, a bypass/bov is always good insurance that yo udon't screw up your turbo/supercharger.

Also a intercooler is good insurance to make sure your intake temps are good and low. Colder Air = More Power.

A good place to get a bypass is Wynjammer thenself or even Ebay. They may be knock-offs but I've heard pretty good things from most of them. A cheaper alternative is a Bosh Bypass that came stock on most turbo cars like Volvo and Saab.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #8

Quote: Originally Posted by robbiegtp
whats wrong with the external belt?

Belts can always slip, unlike something like a turbo, as long as the engine is running the turbo is working, no slipping or tightening of the belt needed there. Turbo's are one of the least maintance items in my opinon. As long as there gettin the right flow of oil (Not enough, or not way too much - Normally 3AN or 4AN) and a good drain (Like 10AN or better) your good to go. Of course there's a lot more to a turbo fabrication wise. Manifolds, Piping, etc...

Also IN MY OPINON, forced induction isn't as hard on a vehicle like nitrous. All your doing is forcing more air into the engine. As long as your gettin the equal amount of fuel, everything is gravy. And 90% of vehicles I've ever seen running a aftermarket turbo can run at least 6-10lbs of boost on stock internals. Although people will difer on this subject. That's why I stated in my opinon.

Last edited by BadS15v8; 03-04-2007 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
rat
Got Fuel Rails?

The supercharger belt is cogged so it won't slip. However if you want to run more boost expect to go through those belts like crazy. And they aren't particularly cheap last i heard. It is kind of like the powerdyne, except it has an external belt. There have been a couple of people with problems and the compressor wheel contacting the case due to bearing failure. The company does seem to take good care of its customers though when/if this happens.

It is also pretty loud, but that is a good thing in my opinion.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #10

also with a BOV when the throttle plate closes there is still some pressurized air in the intake and it has no where to go, and with a BOV it prevents that air from expanded and possibly detonating.

a boost gauge would be something i would recomend also so that you know how much boost your running and just incase it runs to high you know somethings wrong.

wynjammer recomends that you get an ignition like a MSD 6, which just plugs into the stock wires without splicing anything. this would help with spark and burn fuel more efficient, also has a retard timer for if you want to control spark

ive read reviews of the powerdyne and the wynjammer and IMO the wynjammer seems the one i would choose
Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #11

thanks for all the info guys.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:53 AM   #12

Not all belts are cogged/ribbed. The LEAST little alignment problem and they will walk right off
the pulley. Can be hard to get just right.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:03 AM   #13

the wynjammer belt is ribbed, but you are right that with the slightest alignment trouble it would walk off the pulley.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #14

I've got one for sale if you're interested......
http://www.s10forum.com/classifieds/...cat=500&page=1
Old 03-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #15

so does anyone know anything about ordering these wynjammer kits to canada
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #16
SS is getting a LS!

It's not too good. I saved about $200 in shipping and taxes by sending it to the border then had a buddy that pulls stuff over the border sneak it in with some of his boxes. No Tax or shipping other then the $35 I paid Al. He will ship up here but you'll be paying dearly for it.
Abbotsford isn't too far from the border is it? I know some guys that work at Curtis Custom Wheels that drive to the border like once a week. They might be willing to bring it up with one of there shipments MAYBE. Just have to find someone willing to help you out or take the drive.
I don't suggest sneaking it across the border though. Customs is cracking down.
If you do get Al to ship it, tell him to ship it as a gift then I don't think you will have to pay taxes, just shipping fees.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #17

ya thanks, Curtis Tire is good place my family gets all there shit done there.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #18

well i know this guy who has one and seems to know everything about them 03zq8s10 is his name on here...
Old 09-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
i need a paint job

mines been holding up pretty well to the abuse i put it through. i did have a fueling issue though. i think a FMU is something you should do just in case.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
'00 Dime

how much power do u get with one?

on a 4.3
Old 09-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #21
Got boost?

Quote: Originally Posted by alarm_the_alarm
how much power do u get with one?

on a 4.3
On a completely stock 4.3 considering they make about 140 rwhp to the ground; you should see anywhere from 215-220 to the wheels. Pretty impressive IMO. I love mine and I love people's faces when I come cruising along. I swear you can hear a Wynjammer from a mile away.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #22
i need a paint job

i made 220whp. i have a thread with dyno sheets. the truck made 144rwhp with just taking the belt off and making a run. so 03zq8s10 is dead on. good job bud!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #23
Got boost?

Quote: Originally Posted by s106banger
i made 220whp. i have a thread with dyno sheets. the truck made 144rwhp with just taking the belt off and making a run. so 03zq8s10 is dead on. good job bud!
Haha! Awesome man! Are you gonna order the new Spider injector from Al? I need to soon so we can solve our little fuel problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
'00 Dime

niice improve ment. i figured running low boast it would give u 40 to the wheels

How much are they

And how hard are they to install
Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #25
Dig Or Die=I Die

Easy intall.
Here's a link to the site.
http://wynjammer.com/

I love my Jammer!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #26
'00 Dime

thanks man

s10s got to be fun with 220 to the wheels. Stock 4.3 is respectable fast.
my reg cab keeps up with my buddys silverado ss till about 70 then he pulls away.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #27

I just installed one on mine about 3 weeks or so ago, I had a few minor problems, but that was because I didn't read the instructions really good,I'm bad about going by the pictures.

I am really impressed with it, I would recommend it to anybody.

Al is really good to get info from, but if you do call him, be prepared to talk for a while,and he will try and sell you on other add ons. But he's really a good guy.

Here is a listing on Craigslist a guy has one for salehttp://springfield.craigslist.org/pts/1352338906.html He's down around Springfield Mo. He's asking 2000.00 but I think he may come down a bit.

Depending on what year you have you, will need to get your PCM programed to and for the Wynjammer, PCMforless does it.

Or just buy a brand new one from Al and get the complete kit, with warranty.

Either way you go, you'll never regret the investment.Bolt on and have fun.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #28
Klep

I 2nd everything these guys have said about Al and his Wynjammer in the past couple posts. I did have to replace the bearings in mine after 2 years but that only cost $200 and that included shipping back. I love mine and you can hear the blower whine from a block away. I've done a couple other modifications but I'm putting down 250 rwhp and 330 tq. That's off the dreaded CPI too!

And if you have fueling issues like I did look at www.alkycontrol.com. This guys methanol kit will cure what ailes you, or your truck. This stuff works!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #29

Yep lol that distinctive whine has everybody looking at you, When I was in the process of installing mine, I never told anybody, when I took it to work, I told them I had this funny whine under the hood, I started it up, and said "Is that my power steering?" lol lol until they finally figured it out.

I'm not going to get too crazy with mine for the time being, I've heard rumors that you could have some motor mount issues.
Eventually I'd like to do the spyder thing, but then I'd have to send the PCM and have it re-tuned I'm not ready for that either.

But I have been thinking about a little shorter gear though, maybe a 3:73 but don't know how much of a difference it would make though.

Last edited by nukem1st; 09-17-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #30
Klep

True, motor mounts will break, eventually. I have replaced both of mine. But mine were old as well. I got a Zexel Torsen unit out of a camero ss and while I was in there replaced the 3.42 gear and put in a 3:73 which made a noticable difference. I thought a 4:10 was going to be too much for a daily driver. How did your jammer help your 4x4? I also have an 03 crew s-10 that is a turd. I was thinking about putting one on it. I can oly imagine it's a vast improvement as it was on my ss.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #31
Klep

I read your tag wrong, your 4x4 is a s15 and your 98 ss is blown. My bad. But yes, do the gear and put positive traction back there too while you have it broken down. Tremndous improvement over the one wheel tire burner.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #32

i just put one on my 03 blazer 4x4 i like it def picks up a good amount of power
Old 09-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #33
i need a paint job

Quote: Originally Posted by 03zq8s10
Haha! Awesome man! Are you gonna order the new Spider injector from Al? I need to soon so we can solve our little fuel problem.
i dont think im gonna keep the spider injectors. im still in school, and moneys kinda tight, but the plan is to build a 4.3 durring class. i want to do the marine intake. it'll have forged pistons and rods, fully worked heads, and a 270 comp cam or a custom grind. its kind of a rough idea right now. i want 12's with the wynjammer though.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #34
Got boost?

Quote: Originally Posted by s106banger
i dont think im gonna keep the spider injectors. im still in school, and moneys kinda tight, but the plan is to build a 4.3 durring class. i want to do the marine intake. it'll have forged pistons and rods, fully worked heads, and a 270 comp cam or a custom grind. its kind of a rough idea right now. i want 12's with the wynjammer though.
The new injector assembly will eliminate that marine intake man. I plan on sending mine off to Al for the 36 lb injectors later. I just did a Comp 270ahr so money is tight as well. I must say the cam made a hell of a difference. Especially top end wise. It works well with the supercharger. 12's should be no issue with the plans you have. I don't have a 1/4 mile track here in Alabama only an 1/8. I really want some Brodix aluminum heads right now too. But there only $2,400!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #35
Dig Or Die=I Die

The new injector assembly will eliminate that marine intake man. I plan on sending mine off to Al for the 36 lb injectors later. I just did a Comp 270ahr so money is tight as well. I must say the cam made a hell of a difference. Especially top end wise. It works well with the supercharger. 12's should be no issue with the plans you have. I don't have a 1/4 mile track here in Alabama only an 1/8. I really want some Brodix aluminum heads right now too. But there only $2,400!!!
So you have a 270 cam and 6psi of boost with the stock injectors? I didn't think the stock spider would supply enough fuel for both. What are you doing to keep it from pinging? Did you just send you PCM back to Bryan after the cam install?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #36
Got boost?

Quote: Originally Posted by 12sws27
So you have a 270 cam and 6psi of boost with the stock injectors? I didn't think the stock spider would supply enough fuel for both. What are you doing to keep it from pinging? Did you just send you PCM back to Bryan after the cam install?
Yeah I sent the pcm back. It needs more fuel for sure. I haven't really noticed any pinging lately though. My truck isn't my daily either way and I'm going to do the 36 lb injectors pretty soon hopefully to cure the fueling issues.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #37
Klep

12's with Al's blower might actually be tough to get. The fuel issues can be resolved but Al's blower can only handle so much. Right now they're running at about 27,000 rpm. The max amount they can handle is like 32-34,000 rpm's. You may have to go to a bigger blower to reach 12 in the quart. I've been over this with him as I wanted to increase boost. Now, if you build a 300hp v6 alone then throw your current blower on you may have a chance. I've been wrong before though, just ask my wife.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #38
Got boost?

Quote: Originally Posted by 1mean4.3
12's with Al's blower might actually be tough to get. The fuel issues can be resolved but Al's blower can only handle so much. Right now they're running at about 27,000 rpm. The max amount they can handle is like 32-34,000 rpm's. You may have to go to a bigger blower to reach 12 in the quart. I've been over this with him as I wanted to increase boost. Now, if you build a 300hp v6 alone then throw your current blower on you may have a chance. I've been wrong before though, just ask my wife.
Most definitely man. As far as a jammer goes, I think they are a great design and get the job done as far as a little more street performance. I didn't put mods on my truck to be the fastest guy out there but wanted a little more than the others. As long as I can still tear those little punks a new one in there little stangs I'm happy.

After the 36lb injector swap and maybe a little methanol/water injection kit I'll see from then on out.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #39

I read your tag wrong, your 4x4 is a s15 and your 98 ss is blown. My bad. But yes, do the gear and put positive traction back there too while you have it broken down. Tremndous improvement over the one wheel tire burner.
I've got the limited slip unit, so I should go with the true posi unit? along with the 3:73 gear?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #40
I love boost!

After much enjoyment, I'm afraid it is time to sell my 'jammer. It's at Al's right now getting freshly rebuilt and then I'm going to put it up for sale. My wife and I are expecting our second so it's time for the s10 and supercharger to go.
I sure will miss it though.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #41

Quote: Originally Posted by FRC FED
After much enjoyment, I'm afraid it is time to sell my 'jammer. It's at Al's right now getting freshly rebuilt and then I'm going to put it up for sale. My wife and I are expecting our second so it's time for the s10 and supercharger to go.
I sure will miss it though.
Gee wiz, I sure hate to anybody have to part with their jammer, it will never be the same, I've had mine for just about a month,and I'm already spoiled.

It's kinda funny though the guy I bought mine from, was expecting their second.

I'm glad the wife and I are done having children,our youngest is 16,... I love them to death, but It's getting rather tough and expensive these days, to bring children into such a messed up world. And it's really going to be tough to explain to your kids they are way in debt before they even get started.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #42
i need a paint job

the way you have to look at it is, how much air do you have to move to get into the 12's and find out if the wynjammer can do it. its not about rpm of the supercharger, its about cfm. if i build my motor and i dont change to a smaller pulley for the supercharger i bet ill make less boost, but more power. im still learning about everything, but this is what ive gathered from corky bell's book. the project is still ways off, and if i cant do it with the smaller jammer, then either ill get the bigger jammer or get a vortech kit or maybe ill spary a little : p. either way, i want 12's right now.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #43
i need a paint job

if i do the marine intake, then i can go even bigger then 36lb injectors. go big or go home i just want to build one motor and not have to mess with it, even though i continue to mess with everything. lol. from what ive read vortec heads are awesome heads to make any power out of, i dont know how much better aluminum heads could be for the price. i mean, i can put together a set of vortec heads, ported and polished with a 3 angle valve job, new over sized valves, new stiffer valve springs, locks and retainers, and longer studs for 1.6 full roller rockers, for way less then half of a pair of aluminum heads. thats just the way i look at it.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #44

Hey everyone ,I like all the info I;m getting but I have one question I am curious to know . If you do not do the fuel upgrade with the spider injectors and leave the stock system in and don't upgrade with the 36 lb injectors ,how much boost can you run with out the pcm recalibration and fuel upgrade? Im just curious I'm old school cam,heads and carb kind of guy.....
Old 09-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #45
Got boost?

Quote: Originally Posted by JIMMYPITBULL
Hey everyone ,I like all the info I;m getting but I have one question I am curious to know . If you do not do the fuel upgrade with the spider injectors and leave the stock system in and don't upgrade with the 36 lb injectors ,how much boost can you run with out the pcm recalibration and fuel upgrade? Im just curious I'm old school cam,heads and carb kind of guy.....
I wouldn't run anything more than 8lbs. On a stock motor anything more than 8lbs would be taking a big risk.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #46

That is what I was thinking for now ,I won't be doing the 36 lb injectors or the pcm programming at this time .Sounds about right thanks for your input...03g
Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #47

I meant 03z ...my bad
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #48
Got boost?

no problem man
Old 09-26-2009, 01:35 AM   #49
i need a paint job

That is what I was thinking for now ,I won't be doing the 36 lb injectors or the pcm programming at this time .Sounds about right thanks for your input...03g
dont do that...??? why would you add the air and not the fuel? you have to atleast get the pcm programed... youll blow up your motor from running lean and having massive denination issues. ask me how i know.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #50
Dig Or Die=I Die

Are you planning on getting a new wynjammer? If so then the kit will come with a PCM tuned for the 6psi of boost the Jammer puts out. This would be fine with the stock sized injectors. If later you want the 36lb injectors, then you will have to have the pcm tuned again. Since you are already a previous customer of PCMforless you will get a discount. I beleive PCM retunes/updates are $50. Should be free IMO, all the other companies offer free updates. PCMForLess is the company that does the tuning for Wynjammer kits.

Last edited by 12sws27; 09-26-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.