Wynjammer dyno #'s - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Wynjammer dyno #'s

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Blowers and Bottles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 12:03 AM   #1

User is: OffLine
Wynjammer dyno #'s

This is not my truck, its a member on another forum that got his truck dyno'd.
Here the sheet. Enjoy
\Nick

Ps.s Stock was 162.8 RWHP
There the proof the the kit is efficiant ( for those of you who said that because it was 6psi with no fmu that the kit was junk). He also didnt tune the engine for the right fuel.
Attached Thumbnails
Wynjammer dyno #'s-dyno.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 AM   #2

Re: Wynjammer dyno #'s

what are you talking about did you check the A:F on that graph it looks like it is staying right around 13.8-14:1 on a forced induction motor that will destroy it. that just goes to prove to you that you do need something to add more fuel, be it an FMU or larger injectors. if you like buying motors then by all means keep your crapjammer. those numbers are low, vortech trucks here are putting down 240 ish - 250 ish rwhp and 300 + ft lbs and running times to back that up. there's one procharged truck around here and it puts down over 300 rwhp,and 350 ftlbs at the wheels. those are both stock internal motors with mild bolt-ons. i wish i still had a stock motor and a vortech i would love to line up against a truck with a crapjamer just to prove how much faster a real supercharger is. but good lucj i hope you are happy with it.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:36 AM   #3
Vortech power not Vtec!

Before i read any other replys i saw that a/f ratio and was like !! Thats lean!! My truck made 158rwhp without the blower and with the blower it made 234rwhp with 277rwtrq at 10.8:1 a/f ratio which is very rich. People used to tell me they can smell raw fuel coming out of my exhaust. I would have made more power if i was running 12:1 Sure the wynjammer does make some power till the motor blows up.

Last edited by liftmys10; 06-03-2005 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:45 AM   #4

You guys need to read the post, thats without the programmer, thats just the s/c bolted on ,.
I think they are good numbers for 6PSI
Old 06-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #5

Just outa curiosity, would just running a FMU be fine?? Or would you have to have an inline pump also??

P.s. 1 psi is good for 10 horsepower, so if the jammer was a 7 psi kit than it would roughly be 227 horsepower, so I dont wann hear anymore that it doesnt put out as much as the vortec.

Last edited by bodydropped93; 06-03-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #6
Got spray? Got boost? (y)

I am sure it does put out decent power at that low boost level as the compressor is not working hard yet. The fact of the matter is you will nto find much more fuel with a program of any sort. You are plain out of injector. Have you seen the VE and PE tables on a stock 4.3l. It will fule in the low 12:1 AFR area if it can meaning the injectors and pump are up to the task. Thats a mill melting setup right there. Can't imagine you can have the right amount of timing w/o knock on a 14:1 afr under boost lol. Now you can fuel it add timing and possibly make 240-250 to the tires. Rember I have not seen two dnos alike and have a idea that alot of places are inflating numbers to draw in customers.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:29 AM   #7

God I gotta love you guys, interent tuners!
First he doesnt have a boost gauge so we dont know exactly if he hit the full boost and thats why the power numbers are down a little.
Second the air fuel ratio was measured at the exhaust tip which would be different then inline the exhaust forward of the cat.
Third you cant say that going richer is gonna help a dam thing. Low boost amounts like 12.5-13.5 air fuel ratios and not richer. The more unstable the air charge is the richer you want it. Yeah he mave have light ping at 5000 rpms and may need to go right at 13:1 to make max power and not ping. Full diagnostic dyno is needed to find that correct balance and it isnt a locked numer that says under 12.5, 12, 11.5 whatever. Each boost amount and air intake ambient will require different fuel ratios due to unstability. Hellbent seems to be the only one open minded enough here.
Its a base kit, little frills and does what it was suppose to do. Yeah its at its limit of fuel addage and that was the point why it wasnt a 7 PSI kit. But a FMU isnt the solution and never will be it cant compensate correctly for RPM dependant boost, your either gonna be too lean or too rich and never get it pinned in.
Water Injection would more than cure the problem of this kit at 6PSI and make it so you could drive it everyday instead of fking with the tune as weather changes etc. With the water injection this kit could make up the power it seems to be lacking. But some of these guys wanted this kit as a base starting point until a intake could be made that would allow the PROPER attack for tune and boost the pressure up.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #8

I hope you are not calling me a internet tunner. I have tune more then one vehicle. WIth that being said it needs more fuel then a 14:1 AFR. Yes I agree you do not need a much richer mix then 13.0:1 with such little cylinder pressure with low boost and lower hp levels such as this. What I had to say is it will make even more power with a proper tune.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #9
Dangerous

Quote: Originally Posted by bodydropped93
Just outa curiosity, would just running a FMU be fine?? Or would you have to have an inline pump also??

P.s. 1 psi is good for 10 horsepower, so if the jammer was a 7 psi kit than it would roughly be 227 horsepower, so I dont wann hear anymore that it doesnt put out as much as the vortec.
Your confused. Each turbo, supercharger are different and give out differents amount of horsepower per PSI. There are to many variables to say 1psi is worth 10 hp.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #10
TrailBlazin'

Quote: Originally Posted by hellbents10
I hope you are not calling me a internet tunner. I have tune more then one vehicle. WIth that being said it needs more fuel then a 14:1 AFR. Yes I agree you do not need a much richer mix then 13.0:1 with such little cylinder pressure with low boost and lower hp levels such as this. What I had to say is it will make even more power with a proper tune.

Quote: Originally Posted by 964pt3
Hellbent seems to be the only one open minded enough here.
He was complimenting you.

Those numbers aren't bad for a base kit. Im sure it'll be more impressive with a tune.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:41 PM   #11
One Bad Dude

Any idea on how many g/s you pulling through the MAF?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #12

Quote: Originally Posted by 86MCSS
Your confused. Each turbo, supercharger are different and give out differents amount of horsepower per PSI. There are to many variables to say 1psi is worth 10 hp.
No I am not confused, Its a rough estimate, Give or take one horsepower, Psi is a measurement.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #13

wow not to throw a istick in the mudd but those #'s arent very impressive. even to me a 2.2l owner. those #'s are attainable out of a 2.2 turbo running a little more boost of course @ 10psi and a 12:1 fmu no intercooler just alky injection made 200rwhp and stinky is probably around 230. i defiantely think the vortech and procharger kits are much more impressive for #'s sake
Old 06-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #14
yes, that is a v6

Quote: Originally Posted by gutlesswonder
wow not to throw a istick in the mudd but those #'s arent very impressive. even to me a 2.2l owner. those #'s are attainable out of a 2.2 turbo running a little more boost of course @ 10psi and a 12:1 fmu no intercooler just alky injection made 200rwhp and stinky is probably around 230. i defiantely think the vortech and procharger kits are much more impressive for #'s sake
i've seen vortech kits dyno 195ish hp on one truck and upwards of 225 on another. we have seen procharged trucks running low 13's and others running 15's on this board. there are so many variables that can affect how each kit performs on any given truck that it is very hard to generalize them. they let up at 4800 rpm and it was still gaining
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #15
Vortech power not Vtec!

Quote: Originally Posted by s10ls
i've seen vortech kits dyno 195ish hp on one truck and upwards of 225 on another.
Who?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #16

Your comparing 10psi, on a turbo, to 6psi on a s/c two very different forms of forced induction. Get the facts straight.

Oh and if you will kindly notice the Dyno let off at 4800rpm because of the speed limiter setting , so the horse power was still climbing, who knows How much more was obtainable if the dyno went all the way to 5500rpm,s

Last edited by bodydropped93; 06-04-2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 AM   #17
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8

But a FMU isnt the solution and never will be it cant compensate correctly for RPM dependant boost, your either gonna be too lean or too rich and never get it pinned in.
I've been able to dial in both a cartech 2025 and a procharger fmu to hold a consistant a/f ratio all the way through the rpm range quite easily.

It really is a viable option with the pre '02 injectors even beyond 300hp.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:58 AM   #18

This guy also didnt have thea/f before the cat, for some reason he did it at the tailpipe??
Old 06-04-2005, 02:29 AM   #19
Got keyless door handles?

Whose truck was it, he had it dyno'd at the same place I had mine done at.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:53 AM   #20

Quote: Originally Posted by XBLZR03
Whose truck was it, he had it dyno'd at the same place I had mine done at.

D-Caf from SIC.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:59 AM   #21
Vortech power not Vtec!

any other wynjammer dyno sheets?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:35 AM   #22

Quote: Originally Posted by hellbents10

No I did make a compliment which is rare for these type forums. You have full understanding of this and seem to have gone through the hoops and bounds of this type tuning.
All the other so-called experts are asking he run low 12's into the high 11's for air fuel ratios which is completely absurd and explains the constant, Help I need tuning, which is always the same recommendation of into 12's and 11's.
Fuel type, octane, density of the air, outlet temps all kinds of goodies along the same lines will detemine what the air-fuel ration is. No one can say what number is the magic ones yet they all try.
FMUs do not work, they vary within the rpm realm your running then add that to rpm depenant boost and you'll have rich ares, lean areas with the whole rpm realm to which the motor runs. Its not and ideal arrangement, simple as that, like Ive said before a bandair approach.
Oh and you have to love the , those numbers arent impressive shit. Non aftercooled 8-10 h.p. is the normal addage. He made 50+ horsepower more on what we ASS/U/ME was 6 PSi, but no gauge, thats well within the normal range. It cut out at 4800 for a reason not yet found. His first run months ago was cooler and the air more dense and certian mods worked with the NA factor that didnt and were advertised they wouldnt. Now its 2 months later it hotter out and air densities thave fallen, what would those numbers be before when it was NA now without those mods?
He's at the max the fuel can run without bandaids for fuel addage, it has a minor ping to it at high rpms and I know with 100% certainty he could add a water injection kit, add a little more timing and be 100% completely safe making a little more power than he is now.
You guys seem to forget one important little issue, its a base kit and he made numbers dam close to the OTHER base kits for a cheaper amount, ease of installation and has minor prolbems just like any other kit. ALso this is brand new and hasnt had the years the OTHER kits have had which still have these problems that should have been taken care of by the maker. This kit isnt done yet 100% fool proof but the owner responsible for its making is now taking that info we can return to him and do something with it, something no OTHER maker has done to date!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #23

No I did make a compliment which is rare for these type forums. You have full understanding of this and seem to have gone through the hoops and bounds of this type tuning.
All the other so-called experts are asking he run low 12's into the high 11's for air fuel ratios which is completely absurd and explains the constant, Help I need tuning, which is always the same recommendation of into 12's and 11's.
Fuel type, octane, density of the air, outlet temps all kinds of goodies along the same lines will detemine what the air-fuel ration is. No one can say what number is the magic ones yet they all try.
FMUs do not work, they vary within the rpm realm your running then add that to rpm depenant boost and you'll have rich ares, lean areas with the whole rpm realm to which the motor runs. Its not and ideal arrangement, simple as that, like Ive said before a bandair approach.
Oh and you have to love the , those numbers arent impressive shit. Non aftercooled 8-10 h.p. is the normal addage. He made 50+ horsepower more on what we ASS/U/ME was 6 PSi, but no gauge, thats well within the normal range. It cut out at 4800 for a reason not yet found. His first run months ago was cooler and the air more dense and certian mods worked with the NA factor that didnt and were advertised they wouldnt. Now its 2 months later it hotter out and air densities thave fallen, what would those numbers be before when it was NA now without those mods?
He's at the max the fuel can run without bandaids for fuel addage, it has a minor ping to it at high rpms and I know with 100% certainty he could add a water injection kit, add a little more timing and be 100% completely safe making a little more power than he is now.
You guys seem to forget one important little issue, its a base kit and he made numbers dam close to the OTHER base kits for a cheaper amount, ease of installation and has minor prolbems just like any other kit. ALso this is brand new and hasnt had the years the OTHER kits have had which still have these problems that should have been taken care of by the maker. This kit isnt done yet 100% fool proof but the owner responsible for its making is now taking that info we can return to him and do something with it, something no OTHER maker has done to date!
so where is your truck and what have you tuned master ? that a:f looks very high on the sheet up close to 14:1 and you even admit it has a ping in the top end. if water injection is not part of the base kit why even mention it? i didn't pay much more for my vortech new then this kit is and the vortech is a much better kit. This crapjammer you speak so highly of doesn t have years behind it either, who knows if when you start selling them they break at 10 or 20 thousand miles, so one or 2 that they made didn't so far how about the rest? i know prochargers are known for leaking. i will agree with you Bill mach's procharger kit looks like a hack job, but IMO this jammer doesn t look much better. you like to bach every company on here but have yet to show anything positive, i do agree with some of the things you say. but an A:f up around 14, and it looks like 15:1 till around 3300 rpms ( does this think not make boost till then or something, i used to have 5 psi at 3000 rpms with my vortech ) is a little to close to not being afe for me but hey if you like it then go for it, not my motor i could care less. but more importantly look at the TQ only 253 ft lbs ??? my buddy jason made 192 rwhp and 255 rwtq on his bolt on only S-10 he has also run times to back it up running 14's n/a on street tires here is his dyno sheet
Old 06-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #24

I know, I would like to play with one of these kits. I belive that you could go deep into the 13's or even high 12's with a little meth and a reg. cab truck. Just need the right gear, converter and so on.

I am right in line with you on the FMU its a piece. You come into power enrich on a properly tuned vehicl with a nice powerplant (mild 4.3l for instance). Then it will fuel itself correctly to 4-6psi roughly maybe or only 2.5-3 on a good runner. Thne you get the fmu adding more then you need down there and then you ahve to adjust accordingly to get it right in the higher boost. Every time you hit the throttle its diffferent and jusps all over. then when you hit the magic point were the injectors lock you fall on your face. So much fun.....yah right.

This setup is about the only way to go and stay away from the fmu. Unless you want to spend some real money and do a intake setup with real injectors in it. Then tune accoardingly. Its funny that someone will spend over 5k on boost then not want to spend the money to fuel it properly. I like all the heads and cam vehicles with boost and a blower then still ahve the stock intake and fuel system with a fmu. What a waste. They could do just as well with one or the other cause the have no way of fueling the power potential that is there. Not to metion the bottle neck of the stock intake holding back power production.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #25

I dont have any problems with my wynjammer I like it. My friend has a 99 fullsixe silverado, 5.3L, Whipple s/c @6psi, reg, shortbed, with a locker, meth injection, and hpps, with corvette servos, And I paddle his ass, Thats enough proof for me.
You can call it a crap jammer or what ever you like , but your immaturity is starting to show, And to top it off you keep comparing this kit to other kits tat are rated for 7 or more psi.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #26

I see were he is comming from as far as durability goes. But just as with any kit out there time will tell, nothing more you can say there. I would like to play with one my self as its hard to tell how something will perform by seeing what other people do. YOu sort of have to get it in your own hands and do what you think should be done to make it run right. As far as that goes look how fast Neil went in a ext cab with 215 tires and a big 4" pully. It was a matter of doing it a little diff. then everyone else and tunning it according to waht we though was the right way.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #27

I also forgot to mention that the truck that was dynoed was a 1998 blazer 4x4so a little extra drive line loss with the transfer case
Old 06-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #28

I dont have any problems with my wynjammer I like it. My friend has a 99 fullsixe silverado, 5.3L, Whipple s/c @6psi, reg, shortbed, with a locker, meth injection, and hpps, with corvette servos, And I paddle his ass, Thats enough proof for me.
You can call it a crap jammer or what ever you like , but your immaturity is starting to show, And to top it off you keep comparing this kit to other kits tat are rated for 7 or more psi.
not my fault that the others come ready to run more boost. but if you are happy thats all that matters. BTW what times have any of these kits run ? dyno's are all drifferent and should only be used as a tunning aid, not a place to race on.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #29

Quote: Originally Posted by xtreme43s10
not my fault that the others come ready to run more boost. but if you are happy thats all that matters. BTW what times have any of these kits run ? dyno's are all drifferent and should only be used as a tunning aid, not a place to race on.

I understand that its not your fault that other kits come with more psi, but you cant sit there and say that how come the vortec blowers that are running 8 psi are putting out more horese powerthe th jammers/c thats only runnin 6psi???Hhhhhmmmmm

I havent been to the track yet, our test and tune nights are on weds, so hopefully in the next 2 weeks I would like to go myself.
Nick

Last edited by bodydropped93; 06-04-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #30
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8

Get over yourself. Your compliments mean nothing since you never contribute anything to this or any other forum besides your long drawn out reasons why everyone else is dumb and you know everything.

We all know an FMU isnt the end all be all way to add fuel but obviously there is no other way w/o lots of time and money.

What is so wrong with a 11.6:1 a/f ratio? My truck has always felt the best at this a/f ratio and it is possible to tune it so its a bit lean on the low end 12:1 and then 11.6:1 on the top end with an fmu. All it takes is the right size restrictor/s and proper adjustment. Why run 12:1 when its on the limit of detonation on a street driven vehicle? Anytime Ive ever tuned my truck when intercooled a/f ratios in the 12:1 area would always cause detonation on the top end. Pull timing, or add more fuel (mid to high 11:1) and the detonation goes away w/o taking out any timing. This situation would only be compounded when running non intercooled.
I agree, it sucks to have to make an adjustment on a cool night when your last tune was for a hot night but boohoo.. thats part of dealing with an fmu.

Now before you go into your tyraid about showing you dyno sheets and time slips of how my truck made more power with an 11.5:1 a/f ratio vs a 12:1 a/f ratio why dont you show us your dyno sheets and track times with your supercharged or turbocharged 4.3 with a 12:1 vs 11.5:1 a/f ratio?
Old 06-04-2005, 04:33 PM   #31
Dangerous

No I am not confused, Its a rough estimate, Give or take one horsepower, Psi is a measurement.
Your very confused. After reading most your post in this thread alone you make yourself seem like a big tard.

My talon with a 16g and 20 psi put out about 290 to the wheels. Then with a ported and clipped 20g put out 355 to the wheels. Both at 20 psi. Argue with that. Each different turbo and supercharger has a different CFM flow and efficiency. If I would have gotten around to putting on an FP green onto my car ar 20 psi I am sure I would have hit well over the 400hp mark to the tire.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #32

Your very confused. After reading most your post in this thread alone you make yourself seem like a big tard.

My talon with a 16g and 20 psi put out about 290 to the wheels. Then with a ported and clipped 20g put out 355 to the wheels. Both at 20 psi. Argue with that. Each different turbo and supercharger has a different CFM flow and efficiency. If I would have gotten around to putting on an FP green onto my car ar 20 psi I am sure I would have hit well over the 400hp mark to the tire.

I dont understand what you point is, Im very sure everyone her wil agree that given one psi is good for roughly 10 horsepower, You need to do the math. What are you talking about??????????? Once again y are bringing a turbo into the forum???? My friend I think you are the one looking like a "tard".

Last edited by bodydropped93; 06-04-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #33

Your comparing 10psi, on a turbo, to 6psi on a s/c two very different forms of forced induction. Get the facts straight.

Oh and if you will kindly notice the Dyno let off at 4800rpm because of the speed limiter setting , so the horse power was still climbing, who knows How much more was obtainable if the dyno went all the way to 5500rpm,s
i am also comparing a 4cyl ohv motor that dynos 90rwhp stock. even though 10psi on a turbo will yeild more hp, 6psi on a supercharged v6 should be able to lay down a little better #'s than that. just not very impressive to me. not bad but nothing to write home about.

Last edited by gutlesswonder; 06-04-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #34
Quad-Turbocharged Blazer

i think the results r excellent. With tuning and better fuel management..there is no telling..
Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #35

i am also comparing a 4cyl ohv motor that dynos 90rwhp stock. even though 10psi on a turbo will yeild more hp, 6psi on a supercharged v6 should be able to lay down a little better #'s than that. just not very impressive to me. not bad but nothing to write home about.
Well like I said before , he didnt have a programmer for the kit, he left it at home, and the stopped the dyno at 4800rpms, wile the horsepower was climbing.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #36
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK

eh lets see some track times
Old 06-04-2005, 10:23 PM   #37

Quote: Originally Posted by s10rz350
Get over yourself. Your compliments mean nothing since you never contribute anything to this or any other forum besides your long drawn out reasons why everyone else is dumb and you know everything.

We all know an FMU isnt the end all be all way to add fuel but obviously there is no other way w/o lots of time and money.

What is so wrong with a 11.6:1 a/f ratio? My truck has always felt the best at this a/f ratio and it is possible to tune it so its a bit lean on the low end 12:1 and then 11.6:1 on the top end with an fmu. All it takes is the right size restrictor/s and proper adjustment. Why run 12:1 when its on the limit of detonation on a street driven vehicle? Anytime Ive ever tuned my truck when intercooled a/f ratios in the 12:1 area would always cause detonation on the top end. Pull timing, or add more fuel (mid to high 11:1) and the detonation goes away w/o taking out any timing. This situation would only be compounded when running non intercooled.
I agree, it sucks to have to make an adjustment on a cool night when your last tune was for a hot night but boohoo.. thats part of dealing with an fmu.

Now before you go into your tyraid about showing you dyno sheets and time slips of how my truck made more power with an 11.5:1 a/f ratio vs a 12:1 a/f ratio why dont you show us your dyno sheets and track times with your supercharged or turbocharged 4.3 with a 12:1 vs 11.5:1 a/f ratio?

Contribute??? Well dont look in the mirror when you point fingers because it seems that is the case.

FMU's- Well as I said before and will again, FKING MICKEY MOUSE UNITS for the retarded.
I was always told if you cant do it right, then dont do it at all. Cost?? There many viable solutions which only a very few here have even given a try and ita all on building intake, not a bad idea but that costs. Just poke around at all your so-called tuner car people, they have solutions which you wont even look into.

No tyraid with your truck running that air heater which you just cannot ever comprehend how its nice oil heating system is creating leaner oxygen content per size than other systems, I would doubt YOU need to run into the 11's.

Oh and the track time thing again, hell you've all just about destroyed dyno testing as and accurate tool and yet its more accurate than track times. Yeah dynos are inaccurate, tires widths, stickness and weight dispersement, tied down tension and a host of other things can destroy numbers. Hell I can run 75 series tires that wont grip, swap out to 50 series that grip within minutes of each other and dramatically change the number. Same goes for the track all the same parts apply and then condition of the track, its location anc climate play into it. I could have a truck that runs 17 seconds, swap in a SC and other parts, redo the suspension and hit mid 14's and you'd say the kit etc sucks. Hell I was at the track with SSF members a few years back and 4 Xtreme extended cabs went for bragging right. 3 were modified in different forms and one was completely stock, nothing, nada and the guy never ever raced ever in his life ran with the stock xtreme 15.6 on his first and only run. The others couldnt break 16.1 to save there lifes, so much for track times and results of what mods do. Can only measure track times when you have multiple runs factory over a course of time then modified over a course of time and figure averages to see what you gained. I remember a guy who bought this kit once, 8 PSI nothing else fancy, 2 core intercooler and ran a 13.38, something like 270 RWHP or so and you guys havent nailed his ass yet, so stick the track times without some burden of proof before and after!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:08 AM   #38
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8

blah blah blah blah. Ive contributed plenty.

So wheres all your proof professor? 15's is slooow.. so is 14's and 13's which is why Ive never said my truck was fast, just slow.

Hot air. lol. Not when its intercooled.

Last edited by s10rz350; 06-05-2005 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:53 AM   #39
www.myspace.com/MINTSICK

i wouldn't concider anything under 16 slow...15's is pushing it but lower is def quick
Old 06-05-2005, 02:00 AM   #40
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8

Everyone is going to have a different opinion. I guess it could be considered quick when compared to other S10's but I dont really compare anything to an s-series anymore. Our trucks are slow even with a 100 shot of nitrous. IMO 10's is fast.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:09 AM   #41

Contribute??? Well dont look in the mirror when you point fingers because it seems that is the case.

FMU's- Well as I said before and will again, FKING MICKEY MOUSE UNITS for the retarded.
I was always told if you cant do it right, then dont do it at all. Cost?? There many viable solutions which only a very few here have even given a try and ita all on building intake, not a bad idea but that costs. Just poke around at all your so-called tuner car people, they have solutions which you wont even look into.

No tyraid with your truck running that air heater which you just cannot ever comprehend how its nice oil heating system is creating leaner oxygen content per size than other systems, I would doubt YOU need to run into the 11's.

Oh and the track time thing again, hell you've all just about destroyed dyno testing as and accurate tool and yet its more accurate than track times. Yeah dynos are inaccurate, tires widths, stickness and weight dispersement, tied down tension and a host of other things can destroy numbers. Hell I can run 75 series tires that wont grip, swap out to 50 series that grip within minutes of each other and dramatically change the number. Same goes for the track all the same parts apply and then condition of the track, its location anc climate play into it. I could have a truck that runs 17 seconds, swap in a SC and other parts, redo the suspension and hit mid 14's and you'd say the kit etc sucks. Hell I was at the track with SSF members a few years back and 4 Xtreme extended cabs went for bragging right. 3 were modified in different forms and one was completely stock, nothing, nada and the guy never ever raced ever in his life ran with the stock xtreme 15.6 on his first and only run. The others couldnt break 16.1 to save there lifes, so much for track times and results of what mods do. Can only measure track times when you have multiple runs factory over a course of time then modified over a course of time and figure averages to see what you gained. I remember a guy who bought this kit once, 8 PSI nothing else fancy, 2 core intercooler and ran a 13.38, something like 270 RWHP or so and you guys havent nailed his ass yet, so stick the track times without some burden of proof before and after!

if you are speaking of the procharged kit it was 10 psi, intercooled on slicks went 13.39, and was tunned with you guest it an FMU and made over 300 rwhp. when i talked to the tunner who tuned his truck he said FMU's are cheap and crude but they work and are reliable. unless getting into larger injectors it would be the best way to tune, hell that old man has only been tunning fuel injected motors since 75 he must know nothing. lots of turbo,supercharged cars, nitrous cars came out of his shop, and ran the fastest times at the track. i don't think anyone has ran faster then him on a stock motor with the same mods, those times where at one of the poorer tracks around here, if he ever gets off his ass i m sure the truck has 12's in it with no more mods. I have yet to see you post anything to help anyone over the last couple of years. if you love this crapjammer then prove me wrong, buy one put it on YOUR truck and tune it with magic and go run it. if you said there is no need to prove anything to anyone just please do the world a favor and shut your C O C K holster now thank you.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:18 AM   #42

These wynjammer threads are like STS threads lol. They do stirr everything up. Send me a kit to use and install at I will provid the best track times I can with it then send the kit back.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:50 AM   #43
Dangerous

I dont understand what you point is, Im very sure everyone her wil agree that given one psi is good for roughly 10 horsepower, You need to do the math. What are you talking about??????????? Once again y are bringing a turbo into the forum???? My friend I think you are the one looking like a "tard".
Ok let me put into supercharger terms for you. A wynjammer at 6psi gave you what? Like 60 more horsepower? What if you were able to install a wiend 6-71 on your truck and run it at 6psi? Do you really think its still only going to make 10hp for every 1psi?

Does everyone agree with his statement? 1psi is good for 10hp give or take 1hp?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #44

if you are speaking of the procharged kit it was 10 psi, intercooled on slicks went 13.39, and was tunned with you guest it an FMU and made over 300 rwhp. when i talked to the tunner who tuned his truck he said FMU's are cheap and crude but they work and are reliable. unless getting into larger injectors it would be the best way to tune, hell that old man has only been tunning fuel injected motors since 75 he must know nothing. lots of turbo,supercharged cars, nitrous cars came out of his shop, and ran the fastest times at the track. i don't think anyone has ran faster then him on a stock motor with the same mods, those times where at one of the poorer tracks around here, if he ever gets off his ass i m sure the truck has 12's in it with no more mods. I have yet to see you post anything to help anyone over the last couple of years. if you love this crapjammer then prove me wrong, buy one put it on YOUR truck and tune it with magic and go run it. if you said there is no need to prove anything to anyone just please do the world a favor and shut your C O C K holster now thank you.

I spent over 3 hours talking to this old man at Carlisle 4 years back and he told me the horrors they went throught putting the ATI kit on his truck. The changes they had to make etc in order for the thing to run properlly enough with what they had.
Point was that only one truck out of how many on these boards has run like this. One only one so far and that proves a point without a shadow of a doubt that its purely and oddball, conditions, the truck from the factory, track, name it all came into play. Track and dyno numbers mean absolutely nothing when trying to compare what a modifacation is capable of. Only the improvement over stock does it show. Each is different and reacts differently and how many more ATI kits were installed that ran these numbers, but some even seemed to show more h.p., better suspension etc..
There nothing to post here in this particular section of the boards that will help anyone when there so stubborn or have peoples with shut attitudes. Ive helped plenty, more than you could imagine with there stuff.. Hell even loud mouthed s10rz350 got my help and recommendation when 2 years ago or so he PMed emailed Tristan how many times about this stuff. Was so dam green in knowlede it wasnt funny, now claims to be a god of sorts! Xtreme43s10, you merely need to get your head out of your ass and see the real world. People have come forward to say what I said years ago about Bill Mach andhis ATI kit being junk was in fact true, his dealings and so on. Vortec people finally figuring out there kits would never run as good as the junk ATI one and why?
86MCSS, 7-10 h.p., non-cooled is a given fact pretty much and dont use the Weiand as something to stand on for a fact. Positive displaced units are the ones who are on the low end of 7 h.p. per psi because they lack efficiency when compressing air.
Sorry I wont take my S10 and force air it. I use it everyday, rain, snow 24/7 and it must stay reliabie. I actually use my truck for what it was meant to be used for. Not that theres anything wrong with what you's do, but thats not my flavor for a toy. I have others and there all or have been postive displaced blown, roots and twin screws, none of this RPM dependant stuff, but I've installed and tuned many for others whom wish to have those. I wont use and FMU, it isnt reliable enough for day today changes and if I wanted to tune something each day, it wouldnt be a FMU it would be a finickey Hemi.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #45
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8

"pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

Just put the keyboard down and back away....
Old 06-05-2005, 11:33 PM   #46

Ok let me put into supercharger terms for you. A wynjammer at 6psi gave you what? Like 60 more horsepower? What if you were able to install a wiend 6-71 on your truck and run it at 6psi? Do you really think its still only going to make 10hp for every 1psi?

Does everyone agree with his statement? 1psi is good for 10hp give or take 1hp?
You know what??, good idea, lets ask everyone on this board in this forum what they think,

"is 1PSI good for ten horsepower, give or take1>horsepower"???
Old 06-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #47

You know what??, good idea, lets ask everyone on this board in this forum what they think,

"is 1PSI good for ten horsepower, give or take1>horsepower"???
NO, you can not just make a general statement like that. every motor is different and every form of forced induction is different. you need to look at how effiecent the supercharger,turbo etc is, the air temp will also play a big part, intercooled vs. non intercooled.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #48

NO, you can not just make a general statement like that. every motor is different and every form of forced induction is different. you need to look at how effiecent the supercharger,turbo etc is, the air temp will also play a big part, intercooled vs. non intercooled.

Im not asking if one blower is more efficiant, I am stating that given 1 psi is ROUGHLY good for 10 horse give or take 1, just a general staement, not trying to be %100 technical.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:39 AM   #49
Vortech power not Vtec!

Im not asking if one blower is more efficiant, I am stating that given 1 psi is ROUGHLY good for 10 horse give or take 1, just a general staement, not trying to be %100 technical.

bodydropped9, Im glad people are starting to think you're an idiot. I've thought that way since the first day you started posting in the blowers section. Comments like 1psi=10hp roughly shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. Is that true for dragsters too? or just wynjammers? heard of cfm efficiency? I dare you to go to the track or the dyno to shut me up.. I will gladly make myself look stupid if you have some kinda good proof.

Last edited by liftmys10; 06-06-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:38 AM   #50
Getting back to Boosting

Gotta show proof.. Leave the dyno queens for the supra forums. And this post kills me:
"Can only measure track times when you have multiple runs factory over a course of time then modified over a course of time and figure averages to see what you gained."
blah blah blah.. Tell someone that after they beat you on the street or at the track, line up next to them and say, "Yeah yours is faster than mine but at least i lowered my stock times to modified times by more than you." You will get laughed at, cause those averages don't win a race or a trophy at Nats. I am concerned about being the faster one at the end. Plus if wyjammer isn't selling their kit with some type of fuel mangement and at 6 psi you got pinging then maybe that should be a 5 psi kit.

jay

Last edited by badaSS98; 06-06-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.