4.3 vortec w/wynjammer roll call !!! - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

4.3 vortec w/wynjammer roll call !!!

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Blowers and Bottles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Dig Or Die=I Die

User is: OffLine
4.3 vortec w/wynjammer roll call !!!

i just ordered 1 last friday and wanted to see some of yalls other mods, plus et's, dyno results if u got. pretty much just wanna see whats in u sigs or ur opinions on what yall have done thats really complemented the s/c.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Dig Or Die=I Die

Re: 4.3 vortec w/wynjammer roll call !!!

guess im the only 1
Old 02-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
Negative 10

you are getting rid of your march pulleys? can i have them?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Dig Or Die=I Die

i got a guy on s10planet that ima sell them to, sorry
Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #5
LSX LUV Owner

im going to be buying one shortly... id like to see who all had one as wellllll
Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
Don't look at my car

Awesome. Make sure to get lots of pictures of it and getting it on.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
Getting faster

I dont think anyone wants to admit to having one.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #8
LSX LUV Owner

Quote: Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer
I dont think anyone wants to admit to having one.
why do you say that?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #9
Getting faster

The constant problems with them. If you got one for dirt cheap, I could see giving it a shot.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:52 AM   #10

Explain ZZ4........????
Old 02-09-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
LSX LUV Owner

yeah id like to know what kind of problems. ive been wanting a s/c. saw how cheap it was, wanted one. did some more research tonite and saw that some threads people loved them, but they just installed them on the truck, and then i saw some threads where people were bad mouthing them. i dont wanna spend 2600 bux on a paperweight. id like to know what all problems there are. from the looks of it, i wont be supercharging my blazer
Old 02-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #12
I call her: NIGHTMARE

didnt know wynjammer had problems, the powerdynes do when used for unintended purposes
Old 02-09-2008, 03:54 AM   #13
Got boost?

I've had one for quite some time and not had any problems.
I've upgraded to an MSD ignition, MSD blaster coil, and pretty much every mod I could think of. I'm running true dual Flowmaster Super 44's with and X pipe, no cats, and JBA ceramic coated headers. I've installed a shift kit, Jet servo, PTC 3000 stall converter, Richmond 4:10 gears, custom tune, and to top it all off Mickey Thompson street radials. It's a hoss off the line but as far as top end, there isn't any. If you have any questions just ask.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:49 AM   #14
Getting faster

My greatest apologies. I was thinking powerdyne. Yet I never liked the wynjammers either. Seemed like a bad design. Doesnt seem like youd be able to run very much boost, and also seems like it would put out very low cfm. So any increase in boost, would simply be only hot very hot air.

Does anyone have any actual numbers with it? $2600 seems pretty steep to me.

03ZQ8S10, Im gonna assume your truck pulling off the line is from the 4.10's. It appears to be a centrifical supercharger design, so it should pull harder top end because its providing more boost higher in the rpms.

I know I've heard tons of times nobody makes a 4.3 supercharger for those years. But, has anyone looked into fitting a vortec 350 system on? Vortech and procharger both make kits for them. The accessories are all the same. Matter of fact buddy of mine is in the process of swapping a vortec 350 in his 98 blazer and he just bolted up all his v6 accessories on the 350.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #15
Dig Or Die=I Die

Quote: Originally Posted by Wicked Mayhem
yeah id like to know what kind of problems. ive been wanting a s/c. saw how cheap it was, wanted one. did some more research tonite and saw that some threads people loved them, but they just installed them on the truck, and then i saw some threads where people were bad mouthing them. i dont wanna spend 2600 bux on a paperweight. id like to know what all problems there are. from the looks of it, i wont be supercharging my blazer
theres a guy (d-caf) on s10 planet thats had a wynjammer for 3yrs and never had a problem. even if u happen to get 1 and it happened to be diffected or something. the guy Al Martin that makes the kits would make sure that ur satisfiied. He stands buy his products and cares about he customers. if ur interested in getin 1 give him a call. hell talk ur ear of.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:49 AM   #16
Dig Or Die=I Die

My greatest apologies. I was thinking powerdyne. Yet I never liked the wynjammers either. Seemed like a bad design. Doesnt seem like youd be able to run very much boost, and also seems like it would put out very low cfm. So any increase in boost, would simply be only hot very hot air.

03ZQ8S10, Im gonna assume your truck pulling off the line is from the 4.10's. It appears to be a centrifical supercharger design, so it should pull harder top end because its providing more boost higher in the rpms.

I know I've heard tons of times nobody makes a 4.3 supercharger for those years. But, has anyone looked into fitting a vortec 350 system on? Vortech and procharger both make kits for them. The accessories are all the same. Matter of fact buddy of mine is in the process of swapping a vortec 350 in his 98 blazer and he just bolted up all his v6 accessories on the 350.
i accually started this thread to here from other people that have wynjammers. not oppinions of bashers or people with no intention on getin one, dont no much about them but want to give a bunch of negative comments. ZZ4blazer? what do u care ne way ur going the v8 route . y even post?
all i want to see is some of the other mods that people did to get the most power they could out of the 6psi the kit puts out. with out mpi conv, or extra injectors. id love to see dyno & track #'s.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #17
LSX LUV Owner

Quote: Originally Posted by 12sws27
theres a guy (d-caf) on s10 planet thats had a wynjammer for 3yrs and never had a problem. even if u happen to get 1 and it happened to be diffected or something. the guy Al Martin that makes the kits would make sure that ur satisfiied. He stands buy his products and cares about he customers. if ur interested in getin 1 give him a call. hell talk ur ear of.
yeah i talked to him on the phone, called to as a few quick questions, then it turned into a 30 minute conversation and how much he hates ford.

and im not looking to run more boost than that the kit is already setup to run. im going to put the kit on as is, then get headers, full exhaust etc, maybe diff gear, e-fan, maybe msd. not going crazy with it or anything. just something that runs better
Old 02-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #18
Got boost?

yeah i talked to him on the phone, called to as a few quick questions, then it turned into a 30 minute conversation and how much he hates ford.

and im not looking to run more boost than that the kit is already setup to run. im going to put the kit on as is, then get headers, full exhaust etc, maybe diff gear, e-fan, maybe msd. not going crazy with it or anything. just something that runs better
Haha! Yeah man Al does hate Ford. He won't even make a kit for them.
He really hates Mustangs and refers to them as "junk." He says it doesn't take much to outrun one. With this kit these Mustang, LS1 guys as far as a little bolt ons, have no chance. lol

The way you are going is similar to my setup and as far as cruising around town, there's hardly anyone on the street that can touch you.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
Got boost?

Oh yeah man it pulls off the line because of the gears. I stall up from the start to build a little boost then launch. I do build boost on top end but my truck is screaming when I hit 75-85 and I don't want to mess up and keep running it wide open like that.

As far as trying the 5.7 Vortec supercharger setup I would have no clue. It would have to be different somehow I'd imagine. Does anyone have an answer?
Old 02-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #20
NOW AIR RIDE EQUIPPED!

lsx engine for the blazer or bust
Old 02-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #21
LSX LUV Owner

Quote: Originally Posted by 03zq8s10
He really hates Mustangs and refers to them as "junk." He says it doesn't take much to outrun one. With this kit these Mustang, LS1 guys as far as a little bolt ons, have no chance. lol

The way you are going is similar to my setup and as far as cruising around town, there's hardly anyone on the street that can touch you.
yeah i doubt with that kit and a few bolt ons ill be keeping up with many mustangs etc around here. def. not turning me away from the kit, but im not expecting it to run that good. my dad has a 07 stang with a few mods, i doubt the blazer will run like that.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #22
NOW AIR RIDE EQUIPPED!

thats why and lsx is perfect for you...but a s/c blazer would be cool too...
Old 02-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #23
LSX LUV Owner

Quote: Originally Posted by vortec97
thats why and lsx is perfect for you...but a s/c blazer would be cool too...
i dont care to keep up with them.. im not going to street race. take it to the drag strip to see what it runs and thats it. just want it to run better for me.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #24
Getting faster

Like I said, I apologized for confusing the two. But, what kinda gains are guys actually seeing? Any actual times or numbers? I could see if the kit was half that price, but seems over priced for the gains that I've seen posted so far.

I can't imagine that hardly anyone on the street touching you with a wynjammer and some bolt ons. When a bolt on LS1 will dip atleast mid 12's with even an ape driving, STI's pulling off low 14's stock, as well as stock EVo's and SRT4's pulling high 13's, your gonna look foolish.

If anyone has proven dyno results, or track times, Id love to see them. Has anyone broken into the 13's with one? Most seem to be wanting one to increase performance, so I cant imagine why you wouldnt want to get the most out of your combo while making it reliable. That was simply my point in the first place. I am very big into these trucks performance, and try to help whever I can. To me that doesnt seem viable, and wanted to say that I believe with a little bit of work, there are other options out there. Everyones looking for the easiest thing to do for instant results.

As far as "going the V8 route", yeah been there, done it. This is my 2nd v8 s-series. And with a mild combo have knocked off consistant mid 12 sec runs NA, on 18" tires and a suspension Im setting up for road racing. Theres more than enough power there by my trap speed for low 11's on the very little nitrous I sprayed on occation. More nitrous tuning and better driving Im sure I could have hit 10.90's But thats not enough for me. Im building a turbo system this winter and plan on boosting a stock bottom end 350 that I picked up so I dont destroy my good zz4 shortblock. Should be noticeably stronger than even on the nitrous, and should have around $1500 into it.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #25
I call her: NIGHTMARE

the vortech setup will work, just have to make your own pipes.

you end up doing that anyways once you start changing stuffs
Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #26
Dig Or Die=I Die

heres a dyno 4 a 5.7 kit, i know its not what u want but its the first thing i found. ima look 4 more now.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #27
Dig Or Die=I Die

heres a link to a truck with dyno results on the site:
http://www.wynjammer.com/ALM1115/Decaf.html
Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #28
Dig Or Die=I Die

heres a link to a 4 banger kit with dynos:
http://wynjammer.com/ALM1115/James_S...e_Weekend.html
Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #29
Dig Or Die=I Die

heres a link of a thread on s10planet of a guy that bought 1:
http://s10planet.com/forum/showthrea...ight=wynjammer
Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #30
Dig Or Die=I Die

and i know theres a thread on this site running around somewhere that ive seen b4 that has dyno results
Old 02-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #31
Dig Or Die=I Die

oh and 03zq8s10 i was just lookin aruond the site 4 more info on the kits and i seen the thread u started when u first got urs. and i remember reading it awhile ago u and a couple other guys threads on this site and another is what sold me on this kit buy the way. Al should give u guys a commission. so tyvm!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #32
Dig Or Die=I Die

Like I said, I apologized for confusing the two. But, what kinda gains are guys actually seeing? Any actual times or numbers? I could see if the kit was half that price, but seems over priced for the gains that I've seen posted so far.

I can't imagine that hardly anyone on the street touching you with a wynjammer and some bolt ons. When a bolt on LS1 will dip atleast mid 12's with even an ape driving, STI's pulling off low 14's stock, as well as stock EVo's and SRT4's pulling high 13's, your gonna look foolish.

If anyone has proven dyno results, or track times, Id love to see them. Has anyone broken into the 13's with one? Most seem to be wanting one to increase performance, so I cant imagine why you wouldnt want to get the most out of your combo while making it reliable. That was simply my point in the first place. I am very big into these trucks performance, and try to help whever I can. To me that doesnt seem viable, and wanted to say that I believe with a little bit of work, there are other options out there. Everyones looking for the easiest thing to do for instant results.

As far as "going the V8 route", yeah been there, done it. This is my 2nd v8 s-series. And with a mild combo have knocked off consistant mid 12 sec runs NA, on 18" tires and a suspension Im setting up for road racing. Theres more than enough power there by my trap speed for low 11's on the very little nitrous I sprayed on occation. More nitrous tuning and better driving Im sure I could have hit 10.90's But thats not enough for me. Im building a turbo system this winter and plan on boosting a stock bottom end 350 that I picked up so I dont destroy my good zz4 shortblock. Should be noticeably stronger than even on the nitrous, and should have around $1500 into it.
u already got a v8 in urs? rite? so u probably got a lotta stuff u all ready need to drop another one in there and turbo charge it. but if i was to go v8 which would defiantly kick ass!! i really dont think i could get a 350ci with ne kind of power plus headers,mounts,elec fans or shortwater pump,(i know little about the process of a v8 conv.) and what ever else it would take to drop it in my truck 4 1500 bucks. i dont think i can do it 4 $2800 and it have around 300hp at the fly and have 68k miles on it like ill have when i bolt on this kit. im really not tryin to start a debate or nething and im far from knowing it all. im pretty novice when it comes to performance. but ive been workin on all my chevys sence i was 16. so i can turn a wrench i say that cuz i know what its like to put another 4.3 in a blzr, its not all that hard but this s/c kit is a whole hellava lot ezr than that was.

Last edited by 12sws27; 02-10-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #33
Got boost?

Quote: Originally Posted by 12sws27
oh and 03zq8s10 i was just lookin aruond the site 4 more info on the kits and i seen the thread u started when u first got urs. and i remember reading it awhile ago u and a couple other guys threads on this site and another is what sold me on this kit buy the way. Al should give u guys a commission. so tyvm!!!
Haha yeah man he should. I just love his kit. He supports and stands by his product so how could anyone go wrong. I just need to get my hands on a camera so I can take a few snaps for ya'll.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #34
Got boost?

yeah i doubt with that kit and a few bolt ons ill be keeping up with many mustangs etc around here. def. not turning me away from the kit, but im not expecting it to run that good. my dad has a 07 stang with a few mods, i doubt the blazer will run like that.
Yeah I understand when you have a heavy ass blazer with rims. lol
That kit will most definite suprise the Mustang/Camaro guys.
My truck is a regular cab with the stock 16 inch ZQ8's wrapped in MT's. That's the reason mine's a little quicker, being so much lighter.

BTW...Does your dad ever let you take the Mustang out for the weekends.
That would be nice.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #35
Got boost?

[quote=ZZ4Blazer;4909782]Like I said, I apologized for confusing the two. But, what kinda gains are guys actually seeing? Any actual times or numbers? I could see if the kit was half that price, but seems over priced for the gains that I've seen posted so far.

Oh no man it's no problem about confusing the Jammer to the Powerdyne.
As far as the subject. The only kind of cars I have to deal with with in my town are 94-04 GT's with exhausts, Camaro's with exhausts and maybe a lid box. I do admit there are a few bad asses in my town with LS1's I won't even come close to. But as far as beating a GT with exhaust and a stock LS1, they are no problem. I know my limits and some of these guys I won't mess with. It's fun watching their faces as you fly by them though.

Oh btw..I never see any Evo's and the people with SRT-4's are old people beleive it or not. If I ever see a Camaro/Trans Am and I know he's pretty much stock, I'll mess with them. It pisses them off when a little V6 S-10 is hanging right at their doorside. lol
Old 02-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #36
I didn't build it for you

Quote: Originally Posted by 98 SS
didnt know wynjammer had problems, the powerdynes do when used for unintended purposes
X2
Old 02-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #37
LSX LUV Owner

Yeah I understand when you have a heavy ass blazer with rims. lol
That kit will most definite suprise the Mustang/Camaro guys.
My truck is a regular cab with the stock 16 inch ZQ8's wrapped in MT's. That's the reason mine's a little quicker, being so much lighter.

BTW...Does your dad ever let you take the Mustang out for the weekends.
That would be nice.
he only drives it to work and back for the most part. rest of the time it sits so i can drive it whenever.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #38
Road Race/Auto X S10

You're gonna need more than a wynjammer and bolt ons to pull even a stock ls1.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #39
Dig Or Die=I Die

Quote: Originally Posted by ZR1 S10
You're gonna need more than a wynjammer and bolt ons to pull even a stock ls1.
x2 even Al that sells the kits said its hard to beat the ls engines.well see though cuz when i get it bolted on im differently gonna try some people

Last edited by 12sws27; 02-10-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #40
Dig Or Die=I Die

oh yeah, 03zq8s10? i got a question. what plugs did u use, or do u suggest, and r the ones u got just 1 heat range colder or more? the guys at the local autoparts dont know how to find a plug 1 range colder than mine.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #41

What LS engines are you guys talking about? I have a 97 s10 with a lift and 33inch tires with intake, throttle body spacer, and hypertechs max energy programmer and i keep up with ls 4,7l and 5.3l trucks all day long.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #42
Don't look at my car

How long did he say it takes to get the kit ready and out the door to you?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #43

Quote: Originally Posted by PRERUN S10
What LS engines are you guys talking about? I have a 97 s10 with a lift and 33inch tires with intake, throttle body spacer, and hypertechs max energy programmer and i keep up with ls 4,7l and 5.3l trucks all day long.
that would be ls1 style f bodys like camaros or firebirds, u know fast cars.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #44
Dig Or Die=I Die

Quote: Originally Posted by Zygoat
that would be ls1 style f bodys like camaros or firebirds, u know fast cars.
yeah, thats what I meant
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #45
Dig Or Die=I Die

Quote: Originally Posted by travy
How long did he say it takes to get the kit ready and out the door to you?
in my case its been a week and 3 days cuz when i ordered it he was still waiting on a shipment of bearing and didnt have ne kits made up. it should be on its way soon. i emailed him and he hasent got back to me yet. i had to use my neighbors computer to post this and check my email cuz my modem took a crap. so when i hear from him ill post back.
id say it'd take about a week normaly. and about 45min-2hrs to install from what i hear from a few guys ive talked to that owns one.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #46
I turn.

Quote: Originally Posted by PRERUN S10
The throttle body spacer is probably what made the difference. anyone else notice that a post went missing in this thread???
Old 02-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #47
Dig Or Die=I Die

Quote: Originally Posted by rentedmule
The throttle body spacer is probably what made the difference. anyone else notice that a post went missing in this thread???
tb spacers r tha funk! lol.
i didnt notice one gone, what post was it?

Last edited by 12sws27; 02-11-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #48
Dig Or Die=I Die

now my modem decides to work. go figure.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #49
I turn.

I could have sworn there was a very entertaining post between #41 and #42 earlier today.... I may have been sobering up then though
Old 02-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #50
I didn't build it for you

Hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.