Throttle body blade wont close all the way - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Throttle body blade wont close all the way

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #1

Throttle body blade wont close all the way

I need an reponse as soon as possible. i am cleaning my throttle body and it was difficult to get the blade off so i pulled a little harder and it finally came out well i got everything cleaned and took the diffuser off and when i tried to put the blade back in it doesnt close all the the blade isnt bent and from what i can see the sandwich thing that the blade screws too isnt bent. i sont know what to do
Old 10-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #2

User is: Online
Re: Throttle body blade wont close all the way

Sounds like you installed the plate the wrong way around. Either upside down or wrong side around.

The blade is designed to fit the bore very close.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #3

User is: OffLine
Be sure its perfectly clean. If it is, clean it again. Same thi g happened to me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App
Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #4

Ok so i sprayed an entire can of throttle body cleaner in it and it looks almost polished inside. i ended up taking the trottle body off and got the blade in put it all back together but it still idles at 1k. Is that just he throttle body cleaner going through the system or something else. Oh and btw i took the one sensor one sensor that reads from the inside of the throttle body off and cleaned it too. Its not the one on the shaft
Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #5

The one off the shaft is the Idle Air Control Valve, cleaning it will take it under a minute to adjust its self. When you put the blade back in open and close the throttle a couple of times before installing the screws to make sure its centered. Sometimes after cleaning the TB you may have to adjust the throttle stop screw if it sticking when you press the gas pedal adjust the screw in a 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by redlineaddiction
Ok so i sprayed an entire can of throttle body cleaner in it and it looks almost polished inside. i ended up taking the trottle body off and got the blade in put it all back together but it still idles at 1k. Is that just he throttle body cleaner going through the system or something else. Oh and btw i took the one sensor one sensor that reads from the inside of the throttle body off and cleaned it too. Its not the one on the shaft
If the throttle plate does not seal or if those rivets holding the diffuser have come out it will idle high.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #7

ok so there are holes where the rivets used to be. That would make it idle high ? If so how do i repair the holes ?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Registered Hoosier

User is: Online

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f107/h...emoval-348823/
Old 10-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #9

ok so there are holes where the rivets used to be. That would make it idle high ? If so how do i repair the holes ?
If the rivets are no longer there you can put some in with a pop rivet gun. Or go to a wrecker and get another throttle plate and re do the mod by cutting off the half moon only this time.
Yes it will idle high, there should only be the center hole. Too much air is getting in while the TPS reads zero.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #10
Ninja Owns Me

It sounds like it is not in perfectly. There is very little if any room for tolerance if its not in perfectly. Move it around a bit and open and close the blade with the throttle cable. Make sure there is no carbon on the throat of the throttle body. Dont mess with the rivets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.