looks like u got a standard steering column (not tilt)...don't look like u need to remove the wheel on a 97, just need to lower the whole steering column
For anti-theft reasons the ignition switch is located on top of the steering column assembly and is completely inaccessible without first lowering the steering column. The switch is actuated by a rod and rack assembly. A gear on the end of the lock cylinder engages the toothed upper end of the actuator rod.
1. Remove top and bottom shroud.
2. Remove the column-to-dash attaching bolts
and slowly lower the steering column, making sure it's supported.
3. Remove the multifunction switch (turn/wiper/hazard) if necessary.
4. Remove the key alarm switch (if equipped) by gently prying the alarm switch retaining clip w/ a small screwdriver.
5. Make sure that the switch is in the LOCK position. If the lock cylinder is out, pull the switch rod up to the stop, then go down one detent.
6. Remove the two screws and the switch.
7. Before installation, ake sure the switch is in the LOCK position.
8. Install the switch using the original screws. Tighten the screws to 12 in. lbs.
9. Install the key alarm switch (if equipped). Make sure the retaining clip is parallel to the lock cylinder. Rotate the alarm switch 1/4 in. turn until locked in place.
10. Install the multifunction switch if removed.
11. Replace the column. Tighten the nuts to 22 ft. lbs. and the bolts to 20 ft. lbs.
12. Install the top and bottom column shrouds.
As usual, it's never too uncool to disable the airbag system (SIR) by removing the AIR BAG fuse on the fuseblock (after disconnecting the negative battery cable) and disengaging the CPA yellow two way connector at the base of the steering column.
Hope this helps...