HO2 sensor/maf or vaf/ crank shaft sensor - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

HO2 sensor/maf or vaf/ crank shaft sensor

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #1

Question HO2 sensor/maf or vaf/ crank shaft sensor

Hey all, I have this thread on Zr2usa.com, carolinaoffroad.com, and tried everything they have said on top of everything else I could find and look up.

Mods: I put it here since its a broad range of items that are wrong and I need everything fixed before 8 a.m monday.

I have a 2003 s10, my inspection is due 1/15/2010. I thought I had it all figured out till:

P0141 - HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2(also malfuntion)
I replaced my Bank 1 sensor 2 o2, didnt fix my problem, replaced pass. side y pipe o2... didnt fix it...(for free)

A guy told me it was my cat... but that will come later if I cant fix it in the wires. I have 11.3 V and i have .4 or something omhs(sp?)
I have tried both sensors to both locations, re-placed fuse (its getting power)

Head lights: I was running projector light for a bit, the pass. side went out. i took them out to work on them and replaced with the stock. Neither bright or running lights come on, on the pass. side and they are getting power.. 12.6 to everything.

Update: tonight we cut into the ground wire to ground the running bulb. We put it on to ground and it still was searching for ground, my whole pass. side is searching for ground and I tried the ground under air box, and ground under the tray only goes to the battery.

o2 has power and we are thinking it is a ground problem and tommorrow im going to back prob them and see if im losing anything from the connecters.

Also forgot to add, but we un-plugged the pcm (pass side kick panel, and positive battery cable) to reset and the ses light came back on.

Update: We checked battery grounds, grounds for fuse box, swapped around my fuses.... still nothing,

I bought a obdII reader for 150...

Also i rode for a good 10 miles and came home and check and the only things im throwing is

maf or vaf low circut and Crank sensor... something.

All this with out my pass. side running light.

Jordan is still very confused. Any ideas, or if your in my area and can lend a hand, please let me know.

Thank you for reading, and helping in advance.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #2

User is: OffLine
Re: HO2 sensor/maf or vaf/ crank shaft sensor

Do you have the exact trouble codes?

And which lights aren't working on right (pass) side?

High-beam
Low-beam
Day Time Running
Parking
Old 01-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #3

Codes.. ill pull them out again tommorrow after work.

Lights: day time running, low beam, high beam... all on pass. side.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #4

Go to home depot and pick up about 30` of green 12 gauge THHN ~$3.00 and some connectors. Run a new ground from the battery neg to the lites, Frame, fire wall, engine block, then back to the fuel pump ground. That should take care of a lot of your problems.

Work from there....
Good luck.

Edit: THHN wire is fine for use as a ground but not so good as a positive feed. If it gets nicked and sorts to the fram as a ground wire nothing will happen, but as a feed it will pop something.

Last edited by Bill Wheats; 01-16-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #5

Quote: Originally Posted by black03zjb
Codes.. ill pull them out again tommorrow after work.

Lights: day time running, low beam, high beam... all on pass. side.
black03zjb ... I've not found anything on the ground side of the headlamps that would affect only the right side. The activating signal for low or high beams comes from the headlamp stalk. DRL is controlled by a dedicated relay with inputs from BCM.

You might want to recheck there's power to the high side of the bulbs and the connector is properly fastened to each.

I've attached a description for the exterior lighting system, plus four wiring diagrams for you to sort through the possibilities.

Last edited by far2grumpy; 12-27-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #6

Billy: I will check into that. Thanks.

Far2grumpy: Thanks, I have some wiring diagrams, but they kinda are different from those. Thanks again, ill check into those after work.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #7

I have some wiring diagrams, but they kinda are different from those. Thanks again, ill check into those after work.
The service manual uses four pages to cover all the functions ... the basics of manual headlamp control are:

1. Turn headlamp switch to HEAD - this puts +12 on one side of all four headlamp bulbs (through power relay and left and right side fuses - if good).

2. The other bulb contact - for either low or high beam - will be connected to ground through the low / high beam select switch (and headlight grounding relay).

If only the right side is out, it just about has to be something bad in the +12 supply side (or bad bulbs or sockets).
Old 01-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #8

Codes are

p0141 and p0155.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #9

Okay, as of now I have maybe figured out my sensors...

As for lights... very confused.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #10

Codes are p0141 and p0155.
Service manual description attached ... indicates sensors, PCM or wiring between the two are major possibilities.

Let me know if you need a PCM to sensor wiring diagram.

Last edited by far2grumpy; 12-27-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.