heat problem in my 2001 blazer - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

heat problem in my 2001 blazer

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Killas n 100 dolla billas

User is: OffLine
heat problem in my 2001 blazer

When i turn my heat on i feel hot air for a split secound than it goes to cold. Tried the thermostat so far no success.. I dont wanna rip the dash apart if i dont have to. Any ideas? I was thinkin that maybe it was the switch that selects the temperature either hot or cold, any idea were to get one tried advanced auto online didnt have it. any websites to buy it? part number? Any ideas of what else it can be? Thanks alot this is my moms blazer and she needs heat asap...

-Glenn
Old 01-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
SS turbo

Re: heat problem in my 2001 blazer

b4 you do anything drastic, have the coolant system flushed and have the tubes goin into the heater core flushed extra good, there probably gunked up like mine were, so i flushed everything and its nice now
Old 01-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #3

Quote: Originally Posted by viper500hcp
b4 you do anything drastic, have the coolant system flushed and have the tubes goin into the heater core flushed extra good, there probably gunked up like mine were, so i flushed everything and its nice now
agreed, it is most likely a clogged heater core, pull the hoses and flush it
Old 01-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
H-D motorsports

Mine did the same thing and so did my fathers 2002 buick.
I pulled off the heater hoses and back flushed the heater core with the garden hose (lot of crap came out of it)
Then I did a coolant flush as per the instructions on the bottle and topped it back up with 50/50 premixed havoline extended life coolant.

Works perfect now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.