FYI: P0410 Code / Air Injector Pump - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

FYI: P0410 Code / Air Injector Pump

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #1

FYI: P0410 Code / Air Injector Pump

For those who have experienced the P0410 code there is a bulletin out that says to replace the air injector pump & hose. From my experience, 6 months or so ago I got the code, bought the new pump & hose, but never got around to installing it. Then about 400 miles later the code went away. I still never got around to installing the new pump (Now collecting dust on the shelf). So couple weeks ago, without getting any code, when I shut off the truck I hear the pump still running. To make a long story short. The relay located right next to the fuse (Next to the battery) had stuck in the closed position allowing the pump to run continuously. Replaced the relay & all is well. I had read somewhere that GM also documented that the P0410 code would go away mysteriously. Wonder how many folks had the dealer install new air injector pumps when they didin't need one.

Gene
Old 03-19-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
Ex Bagged Minitrucker

User is: OffLine
Re: FYI: P0410 Code / Air Injector Pump

good info. My pump actually did go out on mine last week. I was sure to check the fuse and replay first before tearing into the pump. Both the fuse and relay was good, so I went into the pump. I ran a 12volt wire to the pump and it didn't move at all. After tearing it apart I actually got it to working after getting all the water out of it, but sometimes it would work and something it would freeze up.. Seems the inside of the pump motor is burnt from all the water and mositure buildup, so I'm gonna order a new one, but I'll be sure to extend the intake hose to keep this from happening again...

Also i did get the PO410 when i got the code ran at autozone. I was hoping it would've been the fuse or relay, but oh well...

Last edited by choppingXtreme; 03-19-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #3

They have a new hose that's supposed to prevent water from entering the pump. The new one I got was infact different. Here's a link to the bulletin:
http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/pd...sb_04D-183.pdf

Gene
Old 03-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #4
Ex Bagged Minitrucker

do you know how the hose is different?? I figure it would be longer, so get it out of the way of the water that is thrown under the the radiator..
Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #5

Quote: Originally Posted by choppingXtreme
do you know how the hose is different?? I figure it would be longer, so get it out of the way of the water that is thrown under the the radiator..
Picture is worth a thousand words. Here's the new hose I got. It has a cap type breather I would guess to prevent direct entry of water. Plus additional vacuum hoses & electrical connections.

Gene
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/attach...1&d=1142863212
Attached Thumbnails
FYI: P0410 Code / Air Injector Pump-p1010049-small-.jpg  
Old 03-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #6
Registered Drug User

i've actually heard a few different things about this problem. stuff like its a warranty/recall type item, if you're still actually under warranty. and that its really not that big of a problem, and that you can even just keep running without it for a little while. any truth to these things? and also, what does this part actually do? i've heard something about recycling warm air back into the cycle at start-up to make warm-up quicker....is that it?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
Ex Bagged Minitrucker

UPDATE:

well, i took it upon myself to call GM today knowing I would end up getting pissed and hanging up the phone...I gave all the info i could on my truck and air injector problem as well as the hose replacement..Service rep said that there wasn't any other files on record about this problem, and that they coudn't do anything unless i was to bring it to a GM service dealer and have the codes read..Then MAYBE (notice maybe) they might help me..So let's compare here...

A. GM to check my truck for code $85+tax
Then if they don't help me I'm out more $$ for the pump and replacement hose. GAMBLE

Or Option

B.Buy the new pump myself for $85 shipped and not worry about going through the GM bullshit

I'm taking Option B.

I told the Service rep about how big of a problem this is for all S-series owners, and there wasn't no files recorded except for mine, so no help..I even told about them about the recall/bulletin and it didnt' seem to help none. They said is basicly to help out the Techs when the truck throws the PO410 code..So i'm off to order the $85 pump that doesnt' do shit to enhance my truck other than keep the air clean... As i knew i would, I ended up getting pissed, and hangin up the phone..

If alot of you guys would call GM, and give them a new file with this problem ,they might would recall. But untill then i guess they will be making some extra dough to fill up their snack machines..later.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
Ex Bagged Minitrucker

Quote: Originally Posted by GeneP
Picture is worth a thousand words. Here's the new hose I got. It has a cap type breather I would guess to prevent direct entry of water. Plus additional vacuum hoses & electrical connections.

Gene
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/attach...1&d=1142863212
well if I add a longer intake hose and route it to a place away from water entry I see no point in ordering another $40 part on top of the pump.. I'll see how it turns out after i get the new pump in..thanks for the pics.

edit: unless the new pump comes with the hose, but I doubt it, since they have different part #'s for both the pump and hose..I'll soon see i guess.

Last edited by choppingXtreme; 03-21-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #9

Quote: Originally Posted by GeneP
They have a new hose that's supposed to prevent water from entering the pump. The new one I got was infact different. Here's a link to the bulletin:
http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/pd...sb_04D-183.pdf

Gene

hey GM: no pics??? wtf?!

and gene, i looked at the pic you posted of the new hose that is used. and, how do i know if mine's been done or not? i don't want to spend the coin on getting a set of updated hoses that are already installed. are there any specific characteristics (other than "the new one's longer) that'll help me know whether or not i have the old ones? thanks!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
Ex Bagged Minitrucker

Quote: Originally Posted by DeathSlinger00
hey GM: no pics??? wtf?!

and gene, i looked at the pic you posted of the new hose that is used. and, how do i know if mine's been done or not? i don't want to spend the coin on getting a set of updated hoses that are already installed. are there any specific characteristics (other than "the new one's longer) that'll help me know whether or not i have the old ones? thanks!
You do realize your asking a question from a post 4 years ago? Hope it works out for you
Old 12-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #11

yeah, i went with this thread because of the amount of available information on the subject. that, and i googled it instead of starting a new topic and getting roasted.

and p.s. i have a 2.2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.