**Diagnostic Trouble Codes** - Page 3 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

**Diagnostic Trouble Codes**

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #101

Re: **Diagnostic Trouble Codes**

Didnt realize there was a thread for this. Made a post already in the 2nd gen s10 forum

Ok so here is the deal. I bought a 98 s10 lx off my girlfriends dad for 1500 and it only has 87000 miles and is in really good shape. 5 speed 2.2 L rwd.

Well it was having some trouble starting in the cold so I ended up getting the batter replaced this past weekend. About a week or two before I did that, I got a check engine light on and so I thought it was just the battery. Well after getting it replaced the CEL was still on, so I went to autozone and ran the codes. It spit out five and here is what they are :

p0138 Def- H02S 12 circuit condition (Heated Oxygen sensor) bank 1 sensor 2
1st cause - o2 sensor defective
2nd - running rich/lean
3rd engine misfire conditon
4th fuel pressure high or low fuel pump or pressure regulator

p0341 Def- Cam sensor condition
1st cause - cam sensor defective
2nd cause - check connector and wiring to sensor
3rd cause - engine mechanical condition timing belt or chain out of time
4th cause - cylinder misfire check ignition for faults

p0335 Def - Crankshaft position sensor condition
1st cause - crank sensor defective
2nd cause - check connector and wiring to sensor
3rd cause - check trigger wheel for damage

p0300 Def - Cylinder misfire detected - random cylinders
1st cause - Ignition system fault - spark plug wires coil
2nd cause - vaccum leak
3rd cause - Injector fault
4th cause high or low fuel pressure

p0342 Def - Cam sensor condition
1st cause - cam sensor defective
2nd cause - check connector and wiring
3rd cause - engine mechanical condtion

The guy at autozone said odds are its the 02 sensor, specifically the front one which would be 20-30 to replace, rear being like 80. So I am wondering if anyone can confirm it is the 02 sensor or had similiar problem and what was the cause. He said 02 sensor can throw a bunch of codes.

Thanks for any help, I am a college kid and have limited time and cash, but I am a capable mechanic and can replace/do stuff myself, just not the best at diagnosing problem and dont have enough time to look at everything.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #102
Registered (Ab) User

User is: OffLine

I would suspect the cam sensor before the O2 sensor. You've got 2 codes for a bad cam sensor and that could cause a missfire that trips the O2 code.

I would try replacing the cam sensor, resetting the PCM, and see how that does.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #103
2003 Chevy S-10 LS Owner

I've now just learned to live with the SES light on at all times. These damn P0441 and other useless codes have caused no operating problems with my S-10. I just use a piece of electrical tape to cover the SES light now.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #104

Just purchased a 2001 s10 2.2, 5 spd. Really like the truck, on my way home with it i filled it with 87 octane fuel. About 200 miles into new ownership the SES light comes on. Code reads P0172 System Too Rich. Came on while driving at steady speed of 60mph.

I read and cleared the code yesterday morning. In the afternoon the SES light came back, on my way home from work while gently shifting through the gears. Same P0172 code...truck runs well has a slightly high idle (850 - 900rpm) when fully warmed up but is steady.

When cold it starts well and fast idles at about 1400rpm for about 10 sec and slowly lowers to about 1100 with a slight stumble occasionally. If i then rev the engine using 1/8 - 1/4 throttle it bogs a bit between 1100 rpm and 2000 rpm then will settle back to a 1100rpm fast idle.

I'm thinking vacume leak...throttle body/hoses/intake???? BTW both 02 sensors were replaced and had recent tuneup by former owner.

Please help!

Last edited by 300man; 03-11-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #105

You should start your own thread.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #106

Quote: Originally Posted by Bill Wheats
You should start your own thread.
ok
Old 03-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #107

New member here. I own a 96 4.3L and my truck had broken down just after a trip I made. The code I'm getting is P1351 and I'm having difficulty finding out exactly where this open circuit is. Any thoughts and or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #108
Wire Splicin Fool :-)

Quote: Originally Posted by bryguy2105
New member here. I own a 96 4.3L and my truck had broken down just after a trip I made. The code I'm getting is P1351 and I'm having difficulty finding out exactly where this open circuit is. Any thoughts and or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Did you not just read the thread directly above your post?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #109

so when I get a code 12 on my 94 cpi (vin W) does that mean its showing no codes or I have to wait?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #110

Code 12 is no pulse from distributor basically (engine is not turning) That is normal in the key on engine off A/B terminals shorted mode. Any OTHER codes will be followed after 3X readout of the code 12, the sequence of codes will progress with each code blinked out 3X and ending in code 12 blinking 3X, now this all applies to OBD1, OBD2 you need a special reader to decipher the datastream, there are some bastardchild OBD1.5's from what I hear and good luck with those as I dont have any clue there.

P.S. the OBD2 readers can be had for under $100 for just a basic reader. I think Harbour Freight carries two for $50, 1 for $89, 1 for $99, and 1 for $119.

Last edited by lesterl; 03-27-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #111

I have the OBD1 that I can get the codes out of with the SES light. I actually get the pleasure of using a test light and back probing the E6 wire from the CPU. I am getting no codes.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #112
I Need $

What should I do If i have a code P0144? 99 astro
Old 08-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #113

http://service.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/pd...t43WXLD_yE.pdf

Bottom of page 9, looks like it is saying you have a rich condition, either the sensor is faulty or you have a fuel leak in the plenum on that bank.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #114

I need some help. i just got an 83 s10 and after replacing the ignition switch and getting it to start i got a check engine light. i disconnected the battery for about an hour to reset and as soon as i fired it up it came on again. i tried to flash the error code but all it will flash is code 12, i have tried to reset and re flash multiple times and all i get is code 12 ( i have let it flash for 15 sets of code 12. any idea what is going on?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #115

83 S10 doesnt have electronic controls, care to guess again? Might start a NEW thread.....
Old 02-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #116
FREAKS

I got a C0265...any ideas what it might be
Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #117

I did a quick search about that code and found this, it may be helpful, I'd definitely look into it before paying that much for a replacement:

ABS Lamp/Stored DTC's ... ABS lamp illumination, accompanied with stored DTC's C0265, C0201 have affected GM trucks and SUV's from model years 1999-2004. DTC U1041 may also be stored in other modules, due to a loss of communication with the brake [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]control [COLOR=blue! important]module[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. The illuminated ABS lamp and stored codes result from a bad EBCM (electronic brake control module) ground. The ground point is different for each application, making it necessary to refer to a wiring diagram or circuit locator. Example: Midsize Utilities=Ground 304, SSR=Ground 400, Full-size Trucks and Utilities=Ground 110. GM has encountered a high return rate of EBCM modules due to bad grounds.

Here's another source with basically the same thing:

ABS light on, DTCs set. Some 1999-2004 midsize and full-size GM pickups and SUVs (full list below) may illuminate the ABS light and store DTC C0201 or C0265 in the ABS computer. In addition, code U1041 may set in other modules or you may encounter lost communication between your scanner and the ABS module.

According to GM, all of these problems are probably due to a bad connection at ABS ground GlK), which you'll find on the frame rail just underneath the driver's-side door. Restoring the integrity of the ground should eliminate all the problems. Here's how to go about it:

Start by getting the truck up in the air. Next, locate ground GIlO at the frame rail. Note that several ground wires may be there, but GIlO is the one with the heaviest wire (12-gauge). Disconnect the ground from the rail and use a "whiz wheel" to clean the area in front of and behind the ground connection. Now get a bolt, two star washers and a nut. Install the bolt, ground connection eyelet and star washer on one side of the rail and the other star washer and nut on the other side. Torque the nut to 79 in.-lbs. To complete the fix, spray the bare frame rail with rubberized undercoating (Part No. 12378398 or equivalent), lower the truck, then conduct a road test to ensure that the ABS light stays out.

FROM AUTOMOTIVEHELPER.COM
Old 03-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #118

I have obd1. I jump the aldl and it flash,pause, flash, flash, then pause and flashes some more and so on. WhĂ*t do I actually count? The totally number of flashes?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #119
Sometimes I'm mean...alot

Quote: Originally Posted by HomeGrownCam
I have obd1. I jump the aldl and it flash,pause, flash, flash, then pause and flashes some more and so on. WhĂ*t do I actually count? The totally number of flashes?
Code 12 on a GM vehicle verifies that the check engine light/computer diagnostic system is working properly.
It will flash code 12 three times, then it will begin flashing each trouble code, three times starting with the lowest trouble code first, and continuing with each trouble code in memory, increasing numerically.
When all trouble codes in memory have flashed three times, it will start over, (so that you know you're done reading codes) with code 12 again, and you can then remove the jumper.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #120

15 - Coolant temperature sensor or circuit/ low temperature indicated - Coolant temperature sensor signal indicates a temperature colder than -36? F for at least 4 seconds after the engine had been running for 2 seconds

That's the code and symptom. What should I look at fixing
Old 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #121

Quote: Originally Posted by RaginInferno
Code 12 on a GM vehicle verifies that the check engine light/computer diagnostic system is working properly.
It will flash code 12 three times, then it will begin flashing each trouble code, three times starting with the lowest trouble code first, and continuing with each trouble code in memory, increasing numerically.
When all trouble codes in memory have flashed three times, it will start over, (so that you know you're done reading codes) with code 12 again, and you can then remove the jumper.
Actually the code 12 means that there is no cam signal (which there wont be if the engine isnt running.) But a search for GM OBD1 codes will provide some handy codes for reference.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #122

Quote: Originally Posted by lesterl
Actually the code 12 means that there is no cam signal (which there wont be if the engine isnt running.) But a search for GM OBD1 codes will provide some handy codes for reference.

DTC - 12 No distributor reference pulse (diagnostic test active) and will always show exactly as I described above...
Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #123

Cam sensor is in the distributor.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #124

Quote: Originally Posted by lesterl
Cam sensor is in the distributor.
It will run with the distributor disconnected...the indicator is the tach does'nt work. BTDT
Old 03-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #125

wat do the other pins do?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #126
Pony's got a nice rear

Quote: Originally Posted by digital_xtreme
P0300... been getting that lately... ran seafoam through the engine and the code went away... runs better now also... gotta love seafoam
what is seafoam?
where do you get it?
how/why do you use it??

thanks,
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #127

Seafoam=Cleaner=FIND AT WALMART/PARTS STORE/ETC.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #128

ok so i tried this and this is what happened,

flash pause flash flash, and it did this 2 times in a row, so i assume its code 12?

then after that it did

flash flash flash flash pause flash flash, so i think that would be 42? witch would be the est on my 2.8l

but what would be the first code for my 91 2.8l
or am i even reading them correct?
Old 04-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #129

never mind i figured it out
Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 AM   #130

I took the OBDII Codes and put them into a downloadable .doc file. That way they can be downloaded and printed off.

Click here for OBDII Codes

Hog
Old 05-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #131
Pony's got a nice rear

Quote: Originally Posted by 2Xtreme
I got a C0265...any ideas what it might be
__________________________________________________ ___________

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION (DTC C0265)
The pump motor relay supplies power to all six solenoid coils (three isolation solenoid coils and three dump solenoid coils) and the motor when the ABS is required. The relay and the six solenoid coils are located within the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) .

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC (DTC C0265)
  • The EBCM microprocessor commands the relay on
  • Low voltage exists on all six solenoid driver circuits when high voltage is expected (the solenoid is not energized)
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC (DTC C0266)
  • The ABS bulb check is complete
  • High voltage exists on the pump motor driver circuit when all are expected to be low (the relay is not commanded on)
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
  • The ABS indicator lamp turns on
  • The ABS disables
DTCs C0265 and C0266 are Ignition Latched DTCs, which indicates that the above actions remain true until the ignition is turned to OFF (even if the cause of the DTC is intermittent).

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC
  • Repair the conditions responsible for setting the DTC
  • Use the Scan Tool Clear DTCs function
Old 06-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #132

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse here but I have a co265 on a 2001 s10. It ramdomly comes and goes, sometimes it won't come one for a couple weeks and sometimes it will be on for a week straight so I don't know if it is the EBCM or if it is a ground problem. Is there anything else to look for other than a bad ground to rule out a pricey EBCM? Is there only one ground under the drivers door to check? Are there any relays in this circuit to check? Thanks.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #133

Just some of my own results with some recent "service engine light" episodes....for anyone's benefits in the event you've had similiar things happin....Mine's a '02 Sonoma...w/4.3 --automatic--3.42 Posi rearend....several engine performance boosts...including a (old) Superchips programer (#2575-"Max Micro Tuner"). It's a pretty rapid little truck that I just bought about four months ago. Now has almost 112K miles. ...well cared for by 1st owner...always has had servicing....always used Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil....had a new fuel pump installed last winter.

A few weeks ago I started seeing SE light on....Upon taking it to my long time mechanic it showed a code of: "Misfire on No. 1 cyl". He turned it (the code) off....said it was "kinda strange"...only occasionally misfiring and then only at idle. The truck was running fine so we decided to monitor it....one week later it was back on...so we pulled No 1 plug and it looked kinda weird...slightly burnt electrode and gapped WAY more than the .060 it calls for (more like .085-.090). Result: the code still there though...Next we put on a new plug wire--result-code still there. He then says the injectors might need cleaning so he puts in some "44K" injector cleaner. Note: he (and I) have used this stuff for several years...he swears by it....and this is from a guy that normally doesn't believe that "additives" help anything much. I then take it out on the road and it runs like a beast!....so, I had not even noticed it was NOT running good before....it had seemed okay but it was really helped alot by the new plug in No. 1.

I it run for about a week...long enough to run one tank of gas thru, with that 44K in there...truck ran great (it seemed to run better as the injector cleaner worked thru it)...and just when I was about to need a refill of gas...you guessed it...SE light back on.

Back with mechanic now...he says the next thing to check out would be the distributor, rotor, etc...and if that didn't keep the light off he said he might suspect a vacuum leak in the intake manifold gasket. BUT....I decided to try something else first.....I got out my Superchips programmer and reprogrammed it for it's MAX performance setting....and filled up the tank with Premium fuel (the Superchips is one that requires this fuel for best results....at least this old model does). I thought maybe my SE light could have been indirectly caused by not running premium in it all the time....or maybe by the 10% Ethanol we seem to be stuck with now (here in Texas)...I don't know....these are all just guesses.....

But.....Result: truck is running even faster (got my own little "drag strip" setup out on remote roads for testing)....and also smoooooth...and so far anyway, the light is staying off....but, it has only been four days since I did that last thing. I've had it out on some country roads wailing on it (4500-5000 rpms)....trying to drive it in all conditions....and as I say....so far so good.

This is just info for anybody to gain some feedback on something similiar with theirs....and...I'd like to hear any info anyone else might have on this kinda problem...or on the Superchips model I have....or on the 44K injector cleaner....or anything related. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #134

My buddys 96 Firebird threw a missfire code occasionally at idle, ended up he had a cracked ring. He dumped some money into the motor (more than just stock stuff!) and now he really likes the car.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #135

Quote: Originally Posted by hillcogolfer
Just some of my own results with some recent "service engine light" episodes....for anyone's benefits in the event you've had similiar things happin....Mine's a '02 Sonoma...w/4.3 --automatic--3.42 Posi rearend....several engine performance boosts...including a (old) Superchips programer (#2575-"Max Micro Tuner"). It's a pretty rapid little truck that I just bought about four months ago. Now has almost 112K miles. ...well cared for by 1st owner...always has had servicing....always used Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil....had a new fuel pump installed last winter.

A few weeks ago I started seeing SE light on....Upon taking it to my long time mechanic it showed a code of: "Misfire on No. 1 cyl". He turned it (the code) off....said it was "kinda strange"...only occasionally misfiring and then only at idle. The truck was running fine so we decided to monitor it....one week later it was back on...so we pulled No 1 plug and it looked kinda weird...slightly burnt electrode and gapped WAY more than the .060 it calls for (more like .085-.090). Result: the code still there though...Next we put on a new plug wire--result-code still there. He then says the injectors might need cleaning so he puts in some "44K" injector cleaner. Note: he (and I) have used this stuff for several years...he swears by it....and this is from a guy that normally doesn't believe that "additives" help anything much. I then take it out on the road and it runs like a beast!....so, I had not even noticed it was NOT running good before....it had seemed okay but it was really helped alot by the new plug in No. 1.

I it run for about a week...long enough to run one tank of gas thru, with that 44K in there...truck ran great (it seemed to run better as the injector cleaner worked thru it)...and just when I was about to need a refill of gas...you guessed it...SE light back on.

Back with mechanic now...he says the next thing to check out would be the distributor, rotor, etc...and if that didn't keep the light off he said he might suspect a vacuum leak in the intake manifold gasket. BUT....I decided to try something else first.....I got out my Superchips programmer and reprogrammed it for it's MAX performance setting....and filled up the tank with Premium fuel (the Superchips is one that requires this fuel for best results....at least this old model does). I thought maybe my SE light could have been indirectly caused by not running premium in it all the time....or maybe by the 10% Ethanol we seem to be stuck with now (here in Texas)...I don't know....these are all just guesses.....

But.....Result: truck is running even faster (got my own little "drag strip" setup out on remote roads for testing)....and also smoooooth...and so far anyway, the light is staying off....but, it has only been four days since I did that last thing. I've had it out on some country roads wailing on it (4500-5000 rpms)....trying to drive it in all conditions....and as I say....so far so good.

This is just info for anybody to gain some feedback on something similiar with theirs....and...I'd like to hear any info anyone else might have on this kinda problem...or on the Superchips model I have....or on the 44K injector cleaner....or anything related. Thanks.
Just an update... we never did need to go to the next step we were gonna try (replacing the distributor cap and rotor) as....the light has stayed off now for over 1,500 miles....running great....and so...we're going on the theory that the 44K (injector cleaner) finally got around to cleaning things up to where there was no obstruction of fuel flow. But....I think the minute the service engine light reappears and the code says "Misfire)....I'm gonna replace that cap.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #136

When I plug a scanner tool or a paper clip into the plug in, when I turn the key to the "on"position, I get no codes. My shift light comes on(truck is a 5 speed in nuetral), my check gauges light comes on, and service engine soon. None of them blink. What could this mean?

94 s10 tbi v6 obd1 truck will not start. Have limited it to a bad sensor (but can't get a code to check). Or ignition(have already changed coil, plugs are fairly new as so the spark plug wires, and new destributor cap/button). Anyone with any ideas?
Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #137

Check fuses for ECM......
Old 04-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #138

what exactly are "manufacture specific" codes? and why are they specific? im getting P700 and P1100 on my 95 truck. anyone know?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #139

1995 is a bastard year OBD 1.5.......
Old 06-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #140
Whatever

Hi guys...

I've got a trouble code that I can't figure out...

When the SES light comes on, I take my computer and hook it up with the OBD II and connect it. All gauges comes on in my computer and the oil lamp shows that there is little oil in the engine. But it dosen't show on the cars gauges.

When I want to read the trouble codes it shows that its 1 trouble code
and it says 0 4: 0. Every time it says exactly the same. When it clear the trouble code the oil lamp on the computer disapears. And the SES light disapears. When I used the car for a couple of hours/days the SES light comes on again and there is that same stupid code again.

I've got oilpreassure and the correct amount of oil is in the engine.

So I wonder whats that code since I cant find it anywere?

Am I missing something? or what??

The stuff I'm using is
OBD-DIAG® 4000
www.odb-diag.com

Please a little help or suggestions

Regards Michael
Attached Thumbnails
**Diagnostic Trouble Codes**-felkod-blazer-080720.jpg   **Diagnostic Trouble Codes**-obd-diag2.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #141

I need help, I have a 00 S10 xtreme. Service Engine light came on and code is P0171. "Fuel Trim Bank One" What does this mean and how can I fix it?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #142

Quote: Originally Posted by 00s10xtreme
I need help, I have a 00 S10 xtreme. Service Engine light came on and code is P0171. "Fuel Trim Bank One" What does this mean and how can I fix it?
Bank one is lean. Check around PCV valve, it may be leaking on one of those hoses attached to it.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #143

Quote: Originally Posted by Mickeymouse
Hi guys...

I've got a trouble code that I can't figure out...

When the SES light comes on, I take my computer and hook it up with the OBD II and connect it. All gauges comes on in my computer and the oil lamp shows that there is little oil in the engine. But it dosen't show on the cars gauges.

When I want to read the trouble codes it shows that its 1 trouble code
and it says 0 4: 0. Every time it says exactly the same. When it clear the trouble code the oil lamp on the computer disapears. And the SES light disapears. When I used the car for a couple of hours/days the SES light comes on again and there is that same stupid code again.

I've got oilpreassure and the correct amount of oil is in the engine.

So I wonder whats that code since I cant find it anywere?

Am I missing something? or what??

The stuff I'm using is
OBD-DIAG® 4000
www.odb-diag.com

Please a little help or suggestions

Regards Michael
What hardware you using? I think that check engine code your getting is in Hex
Old 10-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #144
Whatever

Sorry now you lost me??

Why would it shift to Hex suddely??

Had another trouble code last year, cant remember what it was put i came out just like i should P??? something..

The hardware i in the link orginal link..

THanks Michael

Last edited by Mickeymouse; 10-31-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Miss spelled
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #145

Quote: Originally Posted by Mickeymouse
Sorry now you lost me??

Why would it shift to Hex suddely??

Had another trouble code last year, cant remember what it was put i came out just like i should P??? something..

The hardware i in the link orginal link..

THanks Michael
yeah not sure. I thought you may have been reading mode 6 data. That is in hex format
Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #146

So I checked the PCV vualve and it's tight and sturdy. Auto Zone printed off a list of "What it could be" so I might just change the MAF sensor this week and see if that works. Would this pickup have the same kind of power as a 1997 4 door blazer 2wd?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #147

Quote: Originally Posted by 00s10xtreme
So I checked the PCV vualve and it's tight and sturdy. Auto Zone printed off a list of "What it could be" so I might just change the MAF sensor this week and see if that works. Would this pickup have the same kind of power as a 1997 4 door blazer 2wd?
Before replacing an expensive part like that, take it apart and clean it with MAF cleaner or electrical contact cleaner.

How to clean a MAF:
http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_ma...f_sensor_1.php
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #148

I cleaned it and it still had no balls, but after last night of checking the PCV valve and driving it last night it has the power it should have. It will spin the tires from a dead stop. This morning i ran it up to 95 MPH with no problem, before it would act like it couldent even to 80 MPH. IDK if its a for sure fix, but its running great right now. Thank guys for the info and help.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #149
slide it dude!

Well i have a 94 2.2 . It
Threw up a code 12 and 14.. coolant temp sensor reading high temp.. replaced the sensor and it went from being accurate on the gauges to doing what it is described in this thread as just jumping to 285 degrees. Is also running in
diagnostic diagnostic mode and frankly I am quite stuck on this. Not sure how an old sensor can read accurately but the new one would do as described on its code thrown.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #150

4.3L p0440 Evap code, rule out gas cap it's brand new. What should I check next to pinpoint what's causing this code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.