S-10 Forum banner

Best Carb for a 4.3

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SH-60B 
#1 ·
I picked up a 4.3 that does not have a carb on the cast iron intake. What Carb came on these engines, I think it is an 86 so I am not sure if there was any computer control for choke or timing. The distributor on it has a vacumm advance but I am not sure if that was stock. Any info appreciated.

#2 ·
It was a 650 quadrajunk. Personally if you plan on keeping it carbed chuck the intake for the edelbrock one and if your gonna leave it completely stock get like a holley 500 DP or a 600 or 650 vacuum secondary.

#3 ·
for clarification they came with a rochester or hitachi carbs on them they never came from factory with a quadra rochesters are the common one for the 4.3 hitachis were much more common on the 4 cylinders the rochester aint bad it sucks in the winter hard to start pore pumping capability and Edelbrocks just arent that responsive on a 4.3 go with the holley will give you great response and good power terrible gas mileage though want good gas and half decent power than go with the quadrajet or just simply put the rochester back on it should be able to find one at the junkyard and a rebuild kit is available at the auto parts store for about 20 to 30 bucks pm me if you need any other info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.