94 s-10ss 4.3 CPI Spider Unit again?? - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-19-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

94 s-10ss 4.3 CPI Spider Unit again??

Replaced the spider unit(new AC Delco), nut kit, all gaskets, fuel pump, fuel filter, (along with a bunch of other stuff before I realized it was the Spider) about a year and a half ago. Just recently was driving down the highway and had the same kind of hesitation thing happen that did the first time mine went bad. It would hesitate on acceleration mainly. Took off and cleaned the EGR and I ran some Techron through my tank and seemed to help the hesitation. But now my truck will only start when cold. After its warm it will only crank and not start unless I use starter fluid. Then once it is running it is fine.

My question is what are the odds of having the spider unit go bad again(it was a brand new AC Delco)?? Its been less than a year and a half like I said and I have maybe put 15-20k miles on it. Probably less. I havent noticed any fuel mileage problems or anything. Gonna do a fuel pressure test tomorrow and see what it says. Any ideas?? Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-19-2017, 09:31 PM

Re: 94 s-10ss 4.3 CPI Spider Unit again??

Check your fuel pressures. If it's not holding pressure it will be hard starting hot. I believe it should hold at least 55 psi for about 30 minutes. @burned has pressure specs in his sig.

I'm not old, I'm ripe - My LS Jeep project
post #3 of 4 Old 03-20-2017, 11:58 AM
SyTy Speed Shop

Sounds like a fuel PSI issue to me as well, could be the pump not holding pressure as well once it gets hots or crapping out once hot too.

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003
Garage Queen
2002 BlazerZR2
Dropped Daily
2000 Tahoe Limited
5.3/60E Swap In Progress
FOR SALE!!!

post #4 of 4 Old 03-23-2017, 05:08 PM
CPI injected

Usually the entire spider does not go bad it is most often the regulator or lines that leak.In about 5 years I have been through 1 regulator and like 3 factory AC Delco fuel pumps.I dropped in a Walbro 255 pump never had an issue again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page