'91 S10 Blazer engine upgrades/tune up - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

'91 S10 Blazer engine upgrades/tune up

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #1

'91 S10 Blazer engine upgrades/tune up

Have an '91 blazer that i'm sort of rebuilding. Just put in a new (Refurbished...) 700R4 from Chevrolet. New radiator, brakes all around, door-hinge pins and bushing. It's comming along quickly! But, now the complicated part. What can I do in the engine? At 205,000 miles it still runs pretty strong, but there's always room for smoother and faster. Mostly looking for easily-installed parts, but some basic modification isn't a problem. Thanks alot guys!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Mr. Sparkle

User is: OffLine
Re: '91 S10 Blazer engine upgrades/tune up

Replace gaskets, Replace Drive Belt, Replace Worn Vaccum hoses, Replace Engine / Transfercase Mounts, Replace Cab Mounts, Change ALL Fluids, Replace Throttle Body Injection Sensors, Replace EGR Valve, Replace Spark Plug wires/ Replace Spark Plugs/ Replace Cap & rotor, Change Air Filter, Change Fuel filter.

Inspect Waterpump, Test Fuel Pump, Change brake Fluid ( for better brakes ), Inspect vaccum Hoses.

Should be good

You can also get some performance parts IE: Air Cleaner Assembley like K&N, Exhaust, Performance TBI, Performance Pully system, Electric Fan Conversion ( i recomend).
Old 11-05-2007, 06:32 AM   #3

Do a msd 6AL box i did it on mine with 176k and no other mods and it changed the whole sound of the motor! I pulled out, matted the throttle and layed a 60ft patch definately gave the tired girl some pep. Now At 200k i dunno man its a gamble not rebuilding the motor you start upgrading and the motor goes its gonna suck. but 4.3's are strong so.... good luck!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:32 AM   #4

Do a msd 6AL box i did it on mine with 176k and no other mods and it changed the whole sound of the motor! I pulled out, matted the throttle and layed a 60ft patch definately gave the tired girl some pep. Now At 200k i dunno man its a gamble not rebuilding the motor you start upgrading and the motor goes its gonna suck. but 4.3's are strong so.... good luck!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #5

All new fluids. Found some oil that still had Zinc in it. Better protection for the old dog! Electric fan is a great idea, any hints on a drop-in replacement? And K&N have so many models, but I can't find any that'll work on TBI - Or does it matter?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #6

summit has a k&n fliter kit. i forget the part number but serach by you make and model thats what i did and found it. comes with everything for like 112. plume,fliter,top cover (polished) looks like a nice kit. haven't ought it yet but i plan on soon
Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #7

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku This what i'm looking for?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #8

Quote: Originally Posted by Taigrr
yep i'm pretty sure my friend has a kit on his s-10 and its all the same but his has the filter top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.