4.3L Vortec Fuel Injectors - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

4.3L Vortec Fuel Injectors

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Post 4.3L Vortec Fuel Injectors

Hey there,
Does anyone know what the size is of the stock fuel injectors? and if I go to one/two/maybe even three sizes bigger would I have to reprogram my computer? also, would this increase power or do I risk causing damage, or flooding my engine? and lastly, do you guys know of a good company to get them from, prices, quality?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
UN-BANNED B!TCHES!!!!!

Re: 4.3L Vortec Fuel Injectors

what year 4.3?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #3

Old 02-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #4

There is no real easy way to upgrade the injectors for the 2001 year you would have to mod a eldebrock 2114 manifold for bousch(sp) style injectors, plus you realy dont need them unless you have some power to use them (ie. super or turbo charger).
In otherwords you probable dont need them.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #5
rat
Got Fuel Rails?

19lbs/hr at 43.5psi.

Fuel system pressure is 60psi though, so they act like 23.1lbs/hr

I run 32lb/hr injectors at 43.5 psi on the stock intake manifold, you have to push really really hard to get them through the aluminum.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #6

Quote:

19lbs/hr at 43.5psi.

Fuel system pressure is 60psi though, so they act like 23.1lbs/hr

I run 32lb/hr injectors at 43.5 psi on the stock intake manifold, you have to push really really hard to get them through the aluminum.
alright so basically if I wanted to step up a size I would go to 20lbs/hr? and would it really make a difference or would I have to match it with a better fuel pump as well?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #7

Quote:
There is no real easy way to upgrade the injectors for the 2001 year you would have to mod a eldebrock 2114 manifold for bousch(sp) style injectors, plus you realy dont need them unless you have some power to use them (ie. super or turbo charger).
In otherwords you probable dont need them.
alright thanks, I guess i'll just have to do some research and see what I can do. I was thinking of a super charger when I save up the cash but I was looking for something a little more right now
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 AM   #8
rat
Got Fuel Rails?

Quote: Originally Posted by jwykes

alright so basically if I wanted to step up a size I would go to 20lbs/hr? and would it really make a difference or would I have to match it with a better fuel pump as well?
20lbs/hr wouldn't be worth it. I would go a minimum of 30lbs/hr, and depending on what your hp goals are will dictate how large of injector you will need.

A larger fuel pump may not be needed. I run my fuel system at 43.5 psi now, so i can pump more fuel than at 60psi. If i find my injectors can't handle my fueling i can always raise the pressure.

Also, if you didn't notice in the above picture that is completely modified. There is a ton of work to get real injectors into a 4.3

Also, don't forget about tuning. I didn't gain or loose fuel economy with the injector change. Didn't gain any power either. When i throw my roots blower onto the manifold i will have enough fuel to support the air that i expect though. This is why you change injectors, to keep the air fuel ratio in line when go go beyond what the stock fuel injectors allow.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:31 AM   #9

oh ok, ya I noticed the pic had quite a bit in there
I guess i'm basically at the end of the cheap little things to add more power, like intakes exhausts, that kinda stuff.
I recently just did the bored throttle body and was thinking of a high flow air sensor but after that its time to get into cams, blowers, nos, that fun stuff.
thanks for the help though, i'll probly just leave the injectors alone until I need bigger ones
Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
"factory freak"...

the stock injectors are fine for you right now. you shouldnt have bothered with the bigger TB, and forget about the bigger MAF.

move the cam up to next priority... much bigger improvements than with TB/MAF combined...
either that, or install nitrous.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #11

now i've looked into NOS a little bit, but what I have never been sure of, is it a hard install or something i can do over a weekend? and correct me if i'm wrong but until I make an engine that can handle it, would I wanna stick with like 50-150 shot so I dont burn my engine out?
and as to the cam question, what would be a good cam to research, I know of lots of cams, I have just done more work on older 350's not the newer style engines, I would probly keep it to a roller but I'm just wondering what you guys have had a lot of luck with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.