4.3 l. oil sending unit on blazer 4x4 s10 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

4.3 l. oil sending unit on blazer 4x4 s10

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2001, 06:58 PM   #1

4.3 l. oil sending unit on blazer 4x4 s10

major leak, local shop says oil sending unit. How do i replace this.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:28 PM   #2
Tha Primerd' Panther

User is: OffLine
if it's a newer 4.3 then it's going to be on the back of the intake, behind the throttle body. It's a biatch to change, and you'll have to have a either an oil sending unit, or a O2 sensor socket. If you have to buy one I'd get the O2 socket cause you can use it on O2 sensors and oil sending units. But it's easy to change once you get the old one off, it's just hard to get to.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #3

Re: 4.3 l. oil sending unit on blazer 4x4 s10

Just wondering but i didnt see anything in the "Chilton" manual on where its located, any drawings or photos?. My wife has a 98 GMC jimmy 4.3, 4 x 4 getting jumpy readings on the oil pressure. Changed oil and filter but still jumpy, looking to change this next.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
Gaaoooooo

Re: 4.3 l. oil sending unit on blazer 4x4 s10

Quote: Originally Posted by 97SS-10
if it's a newer 4.3 then it's going to be on the back of the intake, behind the throttle body. It's a biatch to change, and you'll have to have a either an oil sending unit, or a O2 sensor socket. If you have to buy one I'd get the O2 socket cause you can use it on O2 sensors and oil sending units. But it's easy to change once you get the old one off, it's just hard to get to.
Good advice, I wish I knew an o2 socket worked on these I struggled tightening that thing down even when I had the motor out of the truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.