2001 S10 Died and Wont Start??? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

2001 S10 Died and Wont Start???

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
2001 ZR2 S!O

User is: OffLine
2001 S10 Died and Wont Start???

I have a 2001 S10 pickup 4.3. I was driving home on the highway then out of nowhere my truck just shut off, it down shifted and the motor just quit running. My lights and radio and all electrical was all on, so i popped the hood and noticed that the positive cable was all the way tight, but it still had enough connection to power everything. I tightened it and tried starting. It would turn over with great compression but wouldnt start at all. I got a new battery and still.... it would turn over but wouldnt start. I checked all the fuses, and they are good, i checked the fuel pump and its fine, you hear it turn on when you turn the key. So now I am stuck. What sensor could just, out of the blue, go bad? Some say it could be the coil. The truck was never acting up, never showed any signs or nothing, out of nowhere driving 60 on the highway boom!, engine dies.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
2001 ZR2 S!O

Re: 2001 S10 Died and Wont Start???

update: checked it and had no spark, so i went ahead and bought a new coil, still no spark and im left with the same problem.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
WICKED 6 RACING

The no start issue is what happened on my 00 ZR2 when the distributor cracked the back ear broke off. Would let the cap bobble and burnt a hole through the rotor button. Which then it finally died.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #4

mine did the same thing, replaced a ton of parts, found out it had jumped time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.