2001 s10 4.3 wont start. Any ideas? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

2001 s10 4.3 wont start. Any ideas?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
Question 2001 s10 4.3 wont start. Any ideas?

I have an 01 s10 with 4.3 and automatic... I was driving it home from work other day and it sputtered out and died with no warning or anything... Has 60 fuel pressure and has fire, tried to pour a little gas down throttle body and wouldnt fire up or anything, when you crank on it for a while it flutters or somethin but thats all it does. It fired up and ran one time last night after a long time of messing with it but when you went to give it a little gas it tried to peter out and die and eventually did peter out and die but it has not fired up since. We put fresh gas and heet in gas tank thinking moisture might have been in tank and still nothing. Reset battery, nothing. Anyone have any ideas? If so please give me some advice. Reply to this thread or text me on my cell at 16187048770. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Solid Axle MOD

Re: 2001 s10 4.3 wont start. Any ideas?

First thing first, phone number, no. idk about you but I hate spam from some arse who thinks he's funny.

Any way, the pressure might be good, but the volume might not. Im assumeing you have checked spark along with Fpressure. It is a possibility that the ICM is bad, most any auto parts store should be able to test it for you free of charge.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #3

Do you mean the ecm?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #4

Check your cap/rotor. I had the same exact thing happen last week. Had spark but it wasn't hot enough.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #5

I was actually going to do that tomorrow. Going to replace plugs, wires, cap and rotor. What exactlly did yours do?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #6

Fixed it. Was cap and rotor. Had aluminum diodes in it and replaced it with one that has brass diodes and started right up.. Went ahead and changed plugs and wires just cuz i knew the other plugs were saturated with gas from trying to start it before. Runs amazing now. Old cap was corroded and rotor has a melted spot on it. Not good. Haha.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #7

Fixed it. Was cap and rotor. Had aluminum diodes in it and replaced it with one that has brass diodes and started right up.. Went ahead and changed plugs and wires just cuz i knew the other plugs were saturated with gas from trying to start it before. Runs amazing now. Old cap was corroded and rotor has a melted spot on it. Not good. Haha.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.