1997 Blazer - Hard Start & Rough Idle - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

1997 Blazer - Hard Start & Rough Idle

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 262ci Forum (4.3)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #1

1997 Blazer - Hard Start & Rough Idle

Hello All,
This is my first time to this site and hope I can get some help for my Blazer. Problem: At startup I have to crank it 2 or 3 times before it starts, and after it starts it idles a bit rough. I have change spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, gas filter, coil, air filter, ran seafoam to clean the injectors, and nothing seems to fix my problem. I have noticed that once it turns over and I shut it off and restart it right away it will crank right up, time and time again, but once it sits for about 5 minutes it will give me trouble again.
Truck has been running like this for about a month, any ideas??

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #2

Re: 1997 Blazer - Hard Start & Rough Idle

I'd start with the cheap stuff ...

I'd start by cleaning the IAC ...

then ...

clean MAF
clean TB butterfly
replace PCV valve

have you ever replaced the ignition switch? it's not a matter of if ... it's a matter of when ...

what brand plugs are you using?

Quote: Originally Posted by tlksanchez
Hello All,
This is my first time to this site and hope I can get some help for my Blazer. Problem: At startup I have to crank it 2 or 3 times before it starts, and after it starts it idles a bit rough. I have change spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, gas filter, coil, air filter, ran seafoam to clean the injectors, and nothing seems to fix my problem. I have noticed that once it turns over and I shut it off and restart it right away it will crank right up, time and time again, but once it sits for about 5 minutes it will give me trouble again.
Truck has been running like this for about a month, any ideas??

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:05 AM   #3

Re: 1997 Blazer - Hard Start & Rough Idle

I've cleaned out MAF, TB Butterfly, replaced PCV valve, replaced Ignition Control Module, MAP sensor.
I know this is probably an ignorant question bu what does IAC stand for? and where would I find the Fuel Pressure Regulator?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.