S10 3800 Swap - Page 4 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

S10 3800 Swap

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 60v6 Forum (2.8/3.4)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #151
Boozebag

User is: OffLine
Re: S10 3800 Swap

Quote: Originally Posted by 34blazer
buick didnt have a GN in 1983, just the sport coupe and Ttype. also, thats a "109" block from the looks of the lifter valley reinforment bars. the 86-87 blocks had a boss cast in the block for the turbo oil drain, you might be able to utilize that depending on where you place the turbo.
I should have said this had a Rochster suck through style turbo. I have the assembly ready to go back on, but I don't think it will be a good combination. It came out of a wrecked T type.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #152

Quote: Originally Posted by Mad Max
I should have said this had a Rochster suck through style turbo. I have the assembly ready to go back on, but I don't think it will be a good combination. It came out of a wrecked T type.
the "draw thru" turbo design is flawed and would be a huge step in the wrong direction should you install it on that. i had and 83 TType years back and ended up converting it to the fuel injection "intercooled" set up. it looks like you have the "109" block which is stronger than previous blocks. do you have a better picture of the lifter valley? is the oil return holes in the valley cast or machined? also, that cam may have some advance in it already, have you degreed it in to verify? low end hit is good but with a larger turbo it could cost some ponies. what is the balance at? 36.6% or 50% on the bobs?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #153

i want to do a similiar swap from my 4.3 but everyone always says its not worth it. i want to have a little pep with great mileage.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #154
Awww..you ain't got shit!

This thread blows. Where did that pecker go that was bragging about doing it? Haven't seen a post from him in months. I want some pictures.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #155
Boozebag

the "draw thru" turbo design is flawed and would be a huge step in the wrong direction should you install it on that. i had and 83 TType years back and ended up converting it to the fuel injection "intercooled" set up. it looks like you have the "109" block which is stronger than previous blocks. do you have a better picture of the lifter valley? is the oil return holes in the valley cast or machined? also, that cam may have some advance in it already, have you degreed it in to verify? low end hit is good but with a larger turbo it could cost some ponies. what is the balance at? 36.6% or 50% on the bobs?
I took the assembly to a well known machine shop in Houston TX, I had it balanced at 36%. Very strange - he balanced the front at zero and the rear externally by adding weight to the end of the crank. I have a rare Fluidampyr balancer and am going to run this engine with an M22 4 speed, I bought a new flywheel and clutch assembly that was also balanced. I'm going to street drive this, so I went with the overall balance (36%) instead of the higher rev balance (50%). I'll get better pics of the block, I'm pretty sure it's a 109 block. I'm running a pretty stout cam, close to .500 lift, 296 duration (advertised) and 112 lobe split. I know the draw through turbo is close to useless, I would probaly go with a later FI and intercooler if I do go back to turbo power. I am running a Cloyes true roller chain and degreed it in with 4* advance (I degreed it in, so it's accurate) - it should pull a little better in the lower RPMs. I want to see what this does NA, then I'll spray it and see what it does. I'm going to run a 3.73 or 4.11 rear gear with a 29" slick. It should hook pretty good. I'll post pics of the build - it's going into a '90 dime. I'm going to remove the front clip and do a complete clean up and install. It'll be different to see a dime with a Muncie 4 speed and Hurst Competiton Plus shifter...
Old 03-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #156
In 5th Gear

so...does anyone have anything useful to add to this? Maybe some how to on the project? something useful? Ive been heavily considering taking a 3.8 out of an olds 88 and doing some heavy mods for it to fit in a 91 s10 body and use the good ole 5 speed behind the 2.8 that comes with the body (been eyeing one at the junk yard for some time to add to my collection of what my mother affectionately referred to as "the chevette of trucks"). can it be done? i dont care how hard it is just need a little advice from some knowledgeable gurus
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #157
(Chaos)

sorry I have been away from the forum for a while had any of you pmed me id have replied a lot faster. if you got any questions you can call me my names jon 402 540 5484 no calls before noon and no calls past 10 pm please. ZZP can flash the computer for you and i can build you all the brackets you need. my truck is body dropped 3.75 so it took a lot more work to clear a stock sonoma hood on a 2nd gen. i had to build my own headers motor mounts, intake turnaround, and some firewall work is required for the swap and figuring out how to run your belts in front requires some work and thought because its not a bolt in swap.... by any means. I have been busy building other peoples trucks and race cars and havent had much time to do much on my truck. i havent even had much time to up load pics to my facebook. once i do the pics will be on there area51automotive@gmail.com go give me a like and ill try and get some build pics up on there for you guys. i have one car left to build before race season and then im free for a few weeks if you want me to do the swap or build any brackets. ill be putting the same motor in my 76chevette track car hopefully this summer or fall should be a quick little beast.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #158
(Chaos)

there have been others that have done the rwd swap pirat4x4 has a few rock crawlers that have been built but nothing that is of show quality. but there is some info out there. ya just got to dig threw all the bs like every thing else. the headers alone took me well over 100 hours to build and i still had to fix one thing after i got them back from powdercoat! but like i said im stock floor bodydropped so finding room is a huge issue.
i just finished getting my alt bracket working properly the first one i built didnt hold up and i trashed a belt. im running a single belt due to how far the motor sits in the frame rails. i plan on running a 8 groove cause i have a zzp pully the 6 will get some belt slip in the high rmp range but i didnt build it for power i built it cause it looks sweet as shit. the one for the chevette may just end up turbo'ed anything near 400 hp needs intercooled so much and turbo just seams like thats the way to go with all the drag race guys. I think 300 is fine for a road coarse car. plus i have a wrx scooby IRS in the rear end so id prob rip it out with to much more.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #159

I bought a 3800 some years back with 20,000 miles on it for $100,came out of a wrecked firebird or camaro.Some guy had bought it to replace what he thought was a bad engine,then found out it was some minor problem[can't recall the details]and ended up selling the car but still had the engine.This guy raced small cycles and had a tiny one car garage and after a few years and a few more bikes it was in his way,he just wanted gone.I seriously considered swapping it into my s blazer,it was a beautiful engine with nice valve covers etc. right from the factory.I already had a s blazer V8 and instead went with a 3.4 swap.Sold the engine to a kid for his camaro for $500 which was a good deal for this engine[like new]and put it toward the 3.4 engine.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #160

okay so im reading all this and im completely lost. im thinking about buying a 1990 pontiac boneeville with a 3.8 in it. i wanna drive the car for a while then scrap it and put the engine in my 87 s10. i have a 2.5 in it now, and i wanna know what tranny i need. can i use my 2.5 tranny? or one from a 2.8? or do i need to get one off of a 3.8 camaro or something? please help
Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #161
(Chaos)

well its not just as simple as bolting a tranny up you have to get the ecu programed to shift with a different transmission ie 4l60e also you have to either buy a mega squirt/stand alone or completely go threw the whole wiring harness wire by wire and figure out what you do and dont need, ie down stream o2 and egr so before you think its a easy swap do some reading. also you can pump out 400hp in a 2.5 with a dry sump and a boat crank forged pistons and rods from a 305 the iron duke is no punk either some ITB really wake that beast up. they make wicked power i was going to go that direction in my chevette but went ecotec looking back i would of rather built a 2.5 again for it. the machine work is less than what i paid for my pistons alone in the ecotec so look up mercruser boat crank 2.5 they run about 200 bucks. or stroker 2.5 also a larget injector and fule pump psi wakes em up good 20hp gain.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #162
Boozebag

I am looking at an old thread, but - for what it's worth - I'll continue.
'83 suck through turbo 3.8 completely comp set up:

Sort of exotic...

I've spent a BAGLOAD of $$ on this engine. I hope it goes as well as it looks.

Yeah, 3.8 power!!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #163

wheres the turbo? stock draw thru turbo?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #164
Boozebag

Sorry, I didn't show the turbo set up. The engine was formerly a suck through engine.
I have the 'suck through' turbo (useless). I took it off and it's in my barn up north. I am going to run this engine NA and see how it goes.
I have 5 intake manifolds with different carbs to try out. You see the Porsche carbs in the pics on an Inglese manifold, a Kenne Bell intake, an Edelbrock intake, a factory Rochester Quadrajet intake, and a TA performance intake. The engine has a 292 duration, 510 lift and 112 centerline cam, 10:1 compression (forged pistons) on custom built rods, custom ported GN heads with stainless valves and aftermarket springs, custom balanced crank and rotating assembly including a rare Fluidamper balancer, Cloyes chain set advanced 4*, complete MSD billet dizzy and ignition, plated headers etc etc. I spared no expense, and am hoping for 300 + HP from this pig. (dreaming)
I am running it in a '90 S10 and will be using an M21 Muncie 4 speed. They are heavier duty than the T5. I have a complete Centerforce clutch assembly ($$$) and am going to use a input shaft mounted hydraulic TO bearing.
If this thing doesn't break a 12 second 1320, I have another 383 waiting. I HATE to put a Chebby in it, but they are reliable enough to go that fast.
I was intending to put it in my '80 LUV, but things change.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #165

Sorry, I didn't show the turbo set up. The engine was formerly a suck through engine.
I have the 'suck through' turbo (useless). I took it off and it's in my barn up north. I am going to run this engine NA and see how it goes.
I have 5 intake manifolds with different carbs to try out. You see the Porsche carbs in the pics on an Inglese manifold, a Kenne Bell intake, an Edelbrock intake, a factory Rochester Quadrajet intake, and a TA performance intake. The engine has a 292 duration, 510 lift and 112 centerline cam, 10:1 compression (forged pistons) on custom built rods, custom ported GN heads with stainless valves and aftermarket springs, custom balanced crank and rotating assembly including a rare Fluidamper balancer, Cloyes chain set advanced 4*, complete MSD billet dizzy and ignition, plated headers etc etc. I spared no expense, and am hoping for 300 + HP from this pig. (dreaming)
I am running it in a '90 S10 and will be using an M21 Muncie 4 speed. They are heavier duty than the T5. I have a complete Centerforce clutch assembly ($$$) and am going to use a input shaft mounted hydraulic TO bearing.
If this thing doesn't break a 12 second 1320, I have another 383 waiting. I HATE to put a Chebby in it, but they are reliable enough to go that fast.
I was intending to put it in my '80 LUV, but things change.
those heads wont get you 300hp, but some monster torque for sure. i remember running into a someone at a carshow(years ago) that had a chevette with the 4.1 buick v6. N/A with 12:1 comp, TA crank, all the bolt on goodies and a TH350. he said it cranked down the Qmile in 12.5ish on street skins. he said it had gobs of torque with the irons on there.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #166
(Chaos)

since you have a older 3.8 id turbo it. bolting in a older 3.8 would be cake compared to a new style. im no motor builder but i think 300 is obtainable, i feel I will be pushing that with mine. if your building it to be fast id try and lighten the motor up as much as you can the valve covers off a new style may/should work and they are plastic little things like that add up. id free up as much rotating mass as possible, get you higher rpm and change some of that tqr to hp. not like a first gen needs much trq behind them to loss traction or fling you down the road. and thou when the front end lifts it may be cool but its un beneficiary drag coefficient that ultimately slows you down.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #167
Boozebag

34 and Xman:
True, true and more true. Dam, can't I dream??
I do know the draw backs of this arrangement, but I am (as usual) trying to do something that isn't normally done. I am trying to go along with the "different is good" thing, although it is WAY expensive.
Again, there are so many guys that do the same old boring builds, (no offense Doods) but I am trying the different cruise. I probably would bore you with all of the multiple weird projects I have ongoing.
That's why I have all of the weird manifolds, carbs and other crapski.
The old style intake mounted turbo is pretty much useless. It is so old skool, it has no capacity for meaningful mods.
I drove a few Monte Carlos and Buick Regals (way back when they were new) with this set up, they ran like a 305 small block and pinged like a goat with hiccups. I guess engine mangement was pretty primitive back then.
Ok, I'll take the criticism, but stay tuned. You may be interested with the rest of this build.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #168

those heads MIGHT flow for 250hp(NA) but you wont get above 200 cfm/intake, or not by much. crank train is heavy in stock form, the rods were cast big and strong, but heavy as hell. the stock even fire rods have been pushed to 800+hp when prepped right. crank is pretty stout too, no worries until 500-600hp. you dont need hp to move your truck, that little mill should put down well over 300 ft/lbs. shit even the carbed turbo 3.8 put down 160hp with 280 ft/lbs. the hot air FI was 200hp with 300ft/lbs. it should be a low revving tork monster that will shred the tires with the M21.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #169
Boozebag

34, You are right on that observation. I don't know what got me going on this swap, I guess looking at that mad suck through intake with a Rochester quad on it made my imagination go goofy. Anyway, torque is the magic for this combination. I am running a 3.73 rear gear, so it should at least launch pretty good.
Ugh, I forgot, I'm going to need traction bars.
I have empty pocket syndrome.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #170

34, You are right on that observation. I don't know what got me going on this swap, I guess looking at that mad suck through intake with a Rochester quad on it made my imagination go goofy. Anyway, torque is the magic for this combination. I am running a 3.73 rear gear, so it should at least launch pretty good.
Ugh, I forgot, I'm going to need traction bars.
I have empty pocket syndrome.
i have some universal lakewood slapper bars still new in box
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #171
Boozebag

i have some universal lakewood slapper bars still new in box
As I get closer to this build, I'll be interested. PM me for $$ and maybe a pic?
I remember what they look like, but they might have to be the right color for my truck...

Thanks for the offer.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #172

Here is what I have, you can score these at summit for cheap too. I used to work for the company that made these for Mr Gasket, swiped these from work back in 2008 but we got the contract to build the S10 bars in 2009 so the first set I welded up went home with me only bad is the box got wet on my way home, decided to rain. Everything that matters is brand new.

summit....
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LAK-20475/

so make an offer
Attached Thumbnails
S10 3800 Swap-100_0855.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #173

User is: Online

I was skeptical how well slapper bars would work, so I made a pair, and was EXTREMELY surprised how much of a difference they made.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #174
Boozebag

Mike at S10 Racer made up a set of his bars for me (he calls them Daggers). They sort of look like Caltracks, but have a solid mount and bar. After I installed them, they knocked almost a full second off of my 1320 time. My rig used to hop and slide and everything else crappy launching at the green light. It hooks so much better now, but I need slicks. It spins too much with street tires.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #175
Awww..you ain't got shit!

Quote: Originally Posted by The_Raven
I was skeptical how well slapper bars would work, so I made a pair, and was EXTREMELY surprised how much of a difference they made.
Yep...had some like these on my old 76 Camaro. Made a lot of difference.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #176
If ya aint 1st your last!

What mounts you running mad?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #177
Boozebag

I am using the Buick Regal frame pads and engine block mounts. I am going to drop the assembly in, bolt the tranny to the tranny xmember and see where the mounts sit on the front frame. I am guessing they will sit in the approximate location that the old engine did. I'll either drill new holes in the frame or tack weld them in.
I have a set of headers from a 3.8 Buick Regal also. I really hope they fit since the S10 and Buick frames are really close to being the same.
I have a deep sump pan on the engine... I hope that also fits.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #178

sweet! that helps alot
Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #179

do did anyone come with any motor mounts?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #180

I know someone who has an 88 s-10 with turbocharged intercooled 3.8 v6, the v6 that was in the Grand National and Regal T-Type, Turbo Ts and 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans AM. if I had the time I would put my turbo 3.8 in my s10 once my rebuild is done on another 3.8L block. I would only need to get a set of heads, lower intake and plenum., oh and the transmission and rear end. If I could get it setup, it would really be kick ass. The 3800 Series II is another engine I would consider. The 4.3L, from the s10, is a piece of crap and I would prefer the 3.8L. I know several people who have pulled their 4.3L, not saying the 4.3 from s10's is the same engine as the 4.3L vortec, Vortec out of their Syclones and Typhoons in favor of the 3.8L or 4.1L Buick v6. They are faster than the 4.3L Vortec and parts are much more readily available. You can stroke a 4.1L Buick v6 to a 4.5L with a stoker kit. The stroker kit has a steel crank, rods and forged pistons. Jason White with his 86 T-Type and 3.8L stock block has pushed his car in the 8s range, 8.83 at 153 to be exact. In theory the 4.1L block should be able to get the turbo Regals close to 8.60s. The best time with a stage II v6, in a full weight car is 7.97 with a fastest time of 180. The fastest stage II v6 in a dragstrip car is owned by Galiina, is 6.50 at 21x mph. Not bad for an engine that was produced prior to 1985.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #181

'83 suck through turbo 3.8 completely comp set up:

Sort of exotic...

I've spent a BAGLOAD of $$ on this engine. I hope it goes as well as it looks.

Yeah, 3.8 power!!

Very nice.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #182

The thread that refuses to die!!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #183
Boozebag

Funny this rose from the dead... I am getting closer to do this swap. I bought a '92 5 speed (you can see it in 'another S10' thread)
The engine is a grenaded Duke. I'm pulling it soon and will test fit the Buick. Stay tuned, I'll make sure I post plenty of pics.
Oh, I also bought another tunnel ram style intake for this rig.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #184
Wait, what?

Cool, make sure you link your project to this page so we'll all know where to go
Old 09-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #185
Boozebag

I'm closing in on my '83 track truck. As soon as I am done with that, I'll be onto the 3.8 swap project. I'll link the thread to this one.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #186

Ok...so my first post here is in direct regards to doing a 3800 swap into my 1995 Sonoma. It's a 2.2 truck with a T5 trans and typical 4.10 stock gears. I have been a huge fan of the 3800 since I got very involved with them from swapping to modifying. I know the 3800 will bolt to the trans no problem. My big concern is the engine mounts. If anyone has done this swap I'd like to know which mounts were used and modified. I'm not looking to build a high HP truck...I just know the 3800 got 32mpg in my Grand Prix (3600 or so lb car) and I'd like more spunk than my 2.2 has. The wiring I can easily do as I modified my stock Grand Prix harness to accommodate a SC swap and 5 speed swap. How much different would the F-body components really be for exhaust and stuff?

Thanks for allowing me to join the board and I hope to gain a lot of useful info. Also, sorry if I'm reviving a dead thread. I know how much that upsets some people.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #187
86' S-10

I would think for mounts welding up some would be your best bet. For wiring i would just swap the whole harness. Wiring isnt hard.. just really time consuming lol. ATM im doinh an engine swap on the side for some cash, 85 bronco 2 with carb 2.8 to a sohc 4.0.. and its alot of wiring haha.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #188

seems like a hell of a project, way more difficult then doing a ls swap. have to find a donor car,mounts and headers need to be fabricated,ecm reprogrammed,hoses/wiring moded etc. i cant have my truck down for 2+ months and spend thousands but id definately choose a 3.8 over a vortec v8
Old 12-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #189

Quote: Originally Posted by pr1mo360
seems like a hell of a project, way more difficult then doing a ls swap. have to find a donor car,mounts and headers need to be fabricated,ecm reprogrammed,hoses/wiring moded etc. i cant have my truck down for 2+ months and spend thousands but id definately choose a 3.8 over a vortec v8
Since my idea is to utilize a stockish engine and harness and PCM, I'm not concerned about that. I've built my own stand alone PCM program station using a factory harness and I've got access to HPTuner as well as tuning knowledge. How far off are F-body exhausts from mounting in the S10? I could probably use a set of F-body headers and modify them to suit.

The mounts were my biggest concern of all. By the way, modding a 3800 is insanely cheap and I've made good power out of them with both SC and turbo. I liked the turbo more than the SC as far as how the car drove but the M90 sounded meaner.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #190

check out this thread
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/19...my-gtp-522433/
Old 12-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #191

Quote: Originally Posted by pr1mo360
Awesome. Those pics for the engine mounts were exactly what I was looking for! I think doing a NA build using F-body parts would be much more helpful. I know he was doing L67 which is a bit more involved as the US never got RWD L67 fun. I'm not looking for the speed...just a little extra umph and the MPGs.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #192

yeah im looking for the same thing. 200hp and 30mpg would be awesome. i dont know of any other engine that can do that in a truck
Old 12-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #193

I'd think an LSx could do it to on a conservative tune. The PCM for the LSx allows setting up for a lean cruise whereas the 3800 PCM does not. Now that I've seen what's required for the engine mounts, I may do something like this in the summer. I'm not in any real hurry but I like to research and get my ducks in a row long before I start buying or looking for parts.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #194
(Chaos)

Mine is pretty fast. 325 HP. Good economy but a 5.3 is also for a s10 was my second choice.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #195

Quote: Originally Posted by Xaos.
Mine is pretty fast. 325 HP. Good economy but a 5.3 is also for a s10 was my second choice.
Have you had anyone tweak the tune for a lean cruise? You could run AFR in the mid to upper 15's while cruising just like all the "cool" import cars are doing and probably pick up a few mpg. There's some hidden power left in the engine too with just some minor tweaks. Just a thought.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #196

Those old Inglese setups really look cool but those carbs are a pain to dial in. Here is a picture of my old setup that I sold and wish I hadn't:

I have been looking for another one to replace it. If you have a spare or decide you don't want to pursue the Inglese, let me know!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #197
Boozebag

Duntov - totally and completely accurate. I am looking at other options to use similar carbs as your old assembly. I am closing in on making this engine functional in a '92 5 speed Dime.
The Zeniths pictured in this set up are now (after I spent $800) for pretty much looks. For the performance requirements this engine will need.... I have to re configure the whole show. Webers will be easier to tune, but I'm sure will take a load of time.
The sound these make is so sexy...
Not to mention the poster picture they show...
Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #198

Duntov - totally and completely accurate. I am looking at other options to use similar carbs as your old assembly. I am closing in on making this engine functional in a '92 5 speed Dime.
The Zeniths pictured in this set up are now (after I spent $800) for pretty much looks. For the performance requirements this engine will need.... I have to re configure the whole show. Webers will be easier to tune, but I'm sure will take a load of time.
The sound these make is so sexy...
Not to mention the poster picture they show...
The Weber IDA carbs won't be cheap! The setup I had were 40mm IDA units which are common for the Porsche 911 but still run almost $2k to find rebuilt ones. I personally spoke with Jim Inglese and he said that most of the setups he produced had the 46mm IDA carbs on them. Those will run you at least $8k if you can find them as they are very rare and were used on Porsche factory racers.

Another option you may consider is EFI itbs such as the Jenvey units.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #199

So, the more I've been looking into this swap, I see some reasons it may actually be a little easier than it seems. The D/S engine mount of an F-body 3800 is the same mount used in the 350 powered vans...which leads me to believe the D/S mount should bolt to typical 350 swap parts. Now without seeing all this and having pieces in front of me to reference, I can't be 100% positive on these claims, but I see some light at the end of the tunnel. If all else fails, I could always put this brand new 3.4 DOHC crate engine I've got sitting here in it and run it off newer 3.4 PCM and wire harness. :P
Old 02-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #200

User is: Online

The SBC swap mounts use the 2.8L rubber mounts, so there is no compatability in swap parts there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.