S-10 Forum banner

Air pump/vacuum issues.

918 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Demotte4x4 
#1 ·
I bought my 84 S10, ext cab, 4X4, 2.8 ltr. and it has a few issues, all related to some idiot not knowing what he was doing.

The air pump is missing. Bracket is there, pump is not. Should I replace it or remove the bracket and forget about it? I do not have emissions where I live.

Vacuum issues. No vacuum lines going to air filter assembly. Only tube from pass valve cover.

Air tubes from exhaust manifolds are plugged. The entire tubes are missing and their ports on the manifolds are plugged.

The motor runs strong. The sticker showing where all vacuum line run to is missing. Should I put all back to factory or remove it all?

If it will not harm anything I would rather remove all unneeded vacuum /air related crap.

What is the bare min. needed to still run/perform right?

#2 ·
I wouldn't concern myself with the air pump if the engine runs good and you have no testing. As long a manifold ports are plugged, you will be ok. You can take the bracket off if it doesn't effect any other mountings.

Be sure to keep your PCV valve installed. You need vacuum to the dash controls (not 100% sure on your year). Later model 4X4s need vacuum to engage 4wd mode, again not sure on your application.

Good Luck, James

#3 ·
Glad to know that the air pump is not needed.

What about all the vacuum line that are supposed to be on the air cleaner?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.