2.8L V6 Turbo or twin Turbo? or to hard? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

2.8L V6 Turbo or twin Turbo? or to hard?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 60v6 Forum (2.8/3.4)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #1

2.8L V6 Turbo or twin Turbo? or to hard?

I want to turbo my 2.8l v6 s10, it spins the wheels easy but with some boost it should tare the rubber off the rims. Any pointers or info on it? I cant seam to find any turbo manifolds..... thanks allot guys
Old 03-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #2

Re: 2.8L V6 Turbo or twin Turbo? or to hard?

i dont know but i have been wontin to do this to my dime to
Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
4x4 v6 blazer

User is: OffLine

Find Raven on here. He has a turbo set up but its not gonna be easy to do at all. No body makes a kit or bolt on parts and he had to fab everything if I remember right. Better let him explain it.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #4

There are no off the shelf parts available to turbo your genI 2.8L or any other 660 for that matter.

Yes, I turbocharged my 3.2L in my Jimmy. It's a little different than the genI, since I used a genIII top end on my genI block, along with genII internals.

I had to build everything to turbocharge the engine. Headers, down pipe, and cold side piping.

If you want more info on my truck and the upgrades that I am performing on it (3500 twin turbo to come), click the link in my sig.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #5

There was a pontiac grand prix turbo that had a 205 hp 3.1l turbo. But it would probably be useless for anything but the turbo if you can find one.

http://www.geocities.com/ste_turbo/home.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Grand_Prix
Old 03-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by 2005lm7
There was a pontiac grand prix turbo that had a 205 hp 3.1l turbo. But it would probably be useless for anything but the turbo if you can find one.

http://www.geocities.com/ste_turbo/home.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Grand_Prix
Even the turbo is on the small side.

I have a pair that I plan on using on my 3.5L, well, I had planned on using them, until I received a pair of slightly larger T25s from a 300ZX, that I will be using, at least for the compressor wheel and housing. I may use the turbine section from either the TGP T25s or maybe the smaller Sunbird T25s, since I have pairs of each at my disposal.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #7

what modifications would you have to do to a stock 2.8l in order for it to handle an average amount of boost? and thanks for the previous info! you guys are great.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #8

CHECK THIS STUFF OUT!!!! http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_system its so sweet, except is it ok to have such a long intake pipe? and the turbo and intake filter it exposed to the weather, idk if i like this but a sweet kit

Last edited by philntx; 03-14-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: cleaned up post
Old 03-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
Good Bye SonomaST

the fueling of the motor is the hard part. you either have to add a fmu and another injector, or do a bunch of wiring and go with a MPFI setup. if u have money to throw around and not yield a fast vehicle then get to it. but if you are actually looking for something fast, go with a v8, everyone hates hearing that but dollar to hp ratio is much better, and with a v8 swap when your ready for more power there is a plethera of aftermarket support for it, for a TT 2.8................you have reached the end of the road and a well tuned tuner car can still whip ur ass with ease. its all a matter of what your looking for and looking to spend.

Last edited by 91sonomast; 03-10-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #10

Yea i understand, im just looking to add some hp to my DD just to fool around with, and they say it improves fuel economy (probably not enough to off set cost of turbo). and i like the idea of a turbo 2.8 v6. the only part i dont understand about this whole concept is where the air is injected into the motor, i know i cant just put an elbow to the top of the carburetor, all the intake must be air tight...
Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #11

My guess is that installing a Multi Point Fuel Injection system and an ECM would be quite tricky..... I dont know what a FMU is. you know of any other post where they cover this? thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #12

Quote: Originally Posted by 91sonomast
the fueling of the motor is the hard part. you either have to add a fmu and another injector, or do a bunch of wiring and go with a MPFI setup. if u have money to throw around and not yield a fast vehicle then get to it. but if you are actually looking for something fast, go with a v8, everyone hates hearing that but dollar to hp ratio is much better, and with a v8 swap when your ready for more power there is a plethera of aftermarket support for it, for a TT 2.8................you have reached the end of the road and a well tuned tuner car can still whip ur ass with ease. its all a matter of what your looking for and looking to spend.
I roll my eyes EVERYTIME I read a post like this.

My untuned 3.2L single turbo, out ran MANY V8s, even a couple S-10 V8s. I had less into the build and swap than a few of my friends who installed junkyard v8s in thier S-10s.

With a TBI set-up, the best bet is to add auxilary injector(s). Using an FMU will only go so far, though it would be enough for a low boost application on a fairly stock engine. Swapping to larger injectors from a 4.3 or 5.7 might almost be needed, depending on how far you go. Then tuning the bin file on the chip will be needed.

Going MPFI will get a better dispersion of fuel, but is not completly needed.
You can also convert just the intake, while retaining your existing ECM with only mild wiring changes. But again tuning the bin file will be needed.

A turbocharger will NOT increase gas milage, no way no how. The turbo no matter how you look at it, is a restriction in both the intake and exhaust, and because of this fuel comsuption will go up silghtly in off boost situations. A turbo charged engine will usually get better fuel economy over a similar power output naturally aspirated engine, due to the additional fuel only being needed when in boost.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:05 AM   #13

I would like to just convert the intake and make mild wiring changes, but how would i convert the intake, im not looking for a drastic change, just a little difference to make a more fun ride... thanks allot raven
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #14
Who wants a mustache ride

Quote: Originally Posted by The_Raven
I roll my eyes EVERYTIME I read a post like this.

My untuned 3.2L single turbo, out ran MANY V8s, even a couple S-10 V8s. I had less into the build and swap than a few of my friends who installed junkyard v8s in thier S-10s.

With a TBI set-up, the best bet is to add auxilary injector(s). Using an FMU will only go so far, though it would be enough for a low boost application on a fairly stock engine. Swapping to larger injectors from a 4.3 or 5.7 might almost be needed, depending on how far you go. Then tuning the bin file on the chip will be needed.

Going MPFI will get a better dispersion of fuel, but is not completly needed.
You can also convert just the intake, while retaining your existing ECM with only mild wiring changes. But again tuning the bin file will be needed.

A turbocharger will NOT increase gas milage, no way no how. The turbo no matter how you look at it, is a restriction in both the intake and exhaust, and because of this fuel comsuption will go up silghtly in off boost situations. A turbo charged engine will usually get better fuel economy over a similar power output naturally aspirated engine, due to the additional fuel only being needed when in boost.
This is interesting to me... the STS kit for a new vette was installed on HP tv and shown to add 4 mpg. There is a local corvette builder here in washington who is driving around in a TT C6 that is getting 34 MPG on the hwy and doing it with 750 WHP. Maybe you could explain to him and the rest of us what we are doing wrong with forced induction to get better mpg Maybe there are certain cases, but from what ive seen adding a turbo and a ECU tune to a brand new corvette, there was something like a 150 hp gain and an improvement in MPG as well. that right there proves you wrong starting with a base line motor. and again, its been shown with many other LSx builds

Last edited by yellownxrated; 03-16-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #15

Quote: Originally Posted by yellownxrated
This is interesting to me... the STS kit for a new vette was installed on HP tv and shown to add 4 mpg. There is a local corvette builder here in washington who is driving around in a TT C6 that is getting 34 MPG on the hwy and doing it with 750 WHP. Maybe you could explain to him and the rest of us what we are doing wrong with forced induction to get better mpg Maybe there are certain cases, but from what ive seen adding a turbo and a ECU tune to a brand new corvette, there was something like a 150 hp gain and an improvement in MPG as well. that right there proves you wrong starting with a base line motor. and again, its been shown with many other LSx builds

The increase in milage would only be due possibly the tuning of the combo. To make the car sip fuel. You can take an N/A car, remap the tune, and gain fuel economy. Think about this in a logical sense, adding a turbo to an engine, any engine causes a restriction in the exhaust AND intake in off boost conditions, and a restriction in the exhaust only during boost. This will make the engine work harder to make the same power, and use slightly more fuel than if there were no restrictions.
The other part of adding a turbo is that it is used to increase power, to gain more power you need to use more fuel, fuel economy will go down, especially when you get into boost.
If just simply adding a turbo to an engine would increase fuel economy, EVERY OEM manufacturer out there would be adding a turbo to every engine they built, to get the total fuel consumption down across the car line, they would probably make it so that it never created positive intake pressure if it were that simple that just simply slapping a turbo to the side of an engine magically made it drink less fuel. :roll:
Old 03-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #16

Cool thread in your link, Raven. I think you need to update it though.....
Old 03-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #17
GRM Challenge Truck

raven:
yalk yo me a bit about the mpfo conversion. what is needed from the donor other than the sensors, intake assembly, wiring, computer, and fuel pump?

any info you can provide on integrating a camarp MPI setup to an s10 would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #18
Wire Splicin Fool :-)

OP, what year is your truck?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #19
The One and Only

Quote: Originally Posted by shortfreerider
CHECK THIS STUFF OUT!!!! http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_system its so sweet, except is it ok to have such a long intake pipe? and the turbo and intake filter it exposed to the weather, idk if i like this but a sweet kit

ive been looking at the stage 3 kit and im curious about how i would have to build my motor so i wouldnt blow it apart with a turbo? any suggestions feel free to PM me
Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #20

Yea I am also considering turboing my 2.8. The idea of it sounds incredible. The heck with v8ing.. everyone does that.. Don't see to many turboed v6 s10's
Old 05-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #21

listen to ur self!? Why would you even joke around with the idea about turboing gm's worse engine let alone being totally serious in your case?? My .02 cents get a 4.3 or v8
Old 05-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #22

I always get a kick out of people that put down the 660's. Evidently then never drove or worked on one. Why even bother coming here if you don't like them? Is it to make yourself feel better that you have a gas sucking v8 or something?

Meanwhile those of us that have 2.8/3.1/3.4's will go on KNOWING how much we can get out of the FANTASTIC lil engines that you can litterly beat the crap out of and they keep running.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #23

Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxom
I always get a kick out of people that put down the 660's. Evidently then never drove or worked on one. Why even bother coming here if you don't like them? Is it to make yourself feel better that you have a gas sucking v8 or something?

Meanwhile those of us that have 2.8/3.1/3.4's will go on KNOWING how much we can get out of the FANTASTIC lil engines that you can litterly beat the crap out of and they keep running.
NO DOUBT!!! I have put my 2.8 through so much. I literaly have no idea how it is still running.. I love that 2.8 vs. all the others.. I've had them all.. even a v8 s10.. to be honest i was severly dissappointed in it.. for one thing is to much effort to do all that ... then to find out there is no hook up with out tearin your ass end apart.. to be honest.. i do beleive i am more impressed with the 2.8 vs the 4.3 even so.. the 2.8 came factory with 125 hp ... where the 4.3 came with 160.. however.. the 2.8 by far is alot staughter then the 4.3 for one the 700r4 that came with the 4.3 doesn't stand up to much of anything.. i ripped it apart within the first 2 months I had it.. where i have never had one major problem out of the 2.8 or the tranny.. the gm set up for the 2.8 is incredible.. hints why i would much rather put the extra money into it over v8 or moving up to a 4.3. however i had a 86 with a 2.5. quick truck.. but the motor didn't stand up to anything. always had alot more trouble of it.. especially the injectors.. therefore.. V8 fans.. Have fun with your "mean" sounding motors... I'll way as I pas you at the gas station...
Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #24

*wave as a I pass
Old 05-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #25
Build them right....Mod

Lackofskills

Is your response: *wave as I pass, a demonstration of your lack of communication skills?

What is the point of this post and why did you report it to moderators?
Old 05-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #26

what about those trubo kits on ebay that works with the carb?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #27

Quote: Originally Posted by Drewchillin
what about those trubo kits on ebay that works with the carb?
well i got to lookin on ebay.. i am thinkin the easiest way I can think of is to order the exhaust manifolds for a syclone..
Old 05-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #28

Quote: Originally Posted by lackofskills
well i got to lookin on ebay.. i am thinkin the easiest way I can think of is to order the exhaust manifolds for a syclone..
You realize that the Syclone is a 4.3 engine, right?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #29

Yes. I also realize the syclone is awd. Which has alot to do with why it comes right off the line.. the syclone with stock 280 hp is intense with the awd.. which brings to question.. when I come off the line with a limited slip with that much more power what's going to happen? Is it going to "move?" lol i'm thinkin detroit lockers? maybe the posi rear end will help.. If that's not enough.. I'm considering traction bars. with the 4.3 exhaust manifolds.. mainly what i'm wanting off of those is the attachment for the turbo. I can torch it off.. cut my manifold.. weld that on. on top of that.. I can do that to both manifolds run twin turbos Which goes to say I'll need to build my engine more.. with forged pistons. Better rods and crank. Sounds like fun eh? I'm startin to figure this out.. seein as turbos run off the exhaust I shouldn't have to change to much on there.. Switch to 4.3 injectors.. possibly add a extra one.. from looking at the syclone it looks as if it came stock with a extra injectors. Basically what I am going for here.. Is the syclone power. just in my sonoma.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #30

why go thru all the trouble of cutting the turbo flange off of a sy/ty manifold when you can just buy the turbo flanges for cheap? the turbo 4.3 is far from stock appearing, the first major giveaway is the turbo intake. adding a 7th injector is what us TR guys did when we needed the extra fuel, it was a band-aid that usually ended in detonation anyway. but that was years ago and you can score a set of injectors properly sized for the power output that you are planning to run. L67 injectors are a pretty good start if you are keeping the estimated power output to ~400 whp. running a detroit locker is pointless, a fresh posi/limited slip will be just fine. slapper bars will do ok but wont eliminate all the wheel hop.

Raven is the first person ive ever known to effectivly turbo a 660 in a dime. you should probably pay attention when he drops knowledge

Last edited by 34blazer; 05-18-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #31

Quote: Originally Posted by 34blazer
why go thru all the trouble of cutting the turbo flange off of a sy/ty manifold when you can just buy the turbo flanges for cheap? the turbo 4.3 is far from stock appearing, the first major giveaway is the turbo intake. adding a 7th injector is what us TR guys did when we needed the extra fuel, it was a band-aid that usually ended in detonation anyway. but that was years ago and you can score a set of injectors properly sized for the power output that you are planning to run. L67 injectors are a pretty good start if you are keeping the estimated power output to ~400 whp. running a detroit locker is pointless, a fresh posi/limited slip will be just fine. slapper bars will do ok but wont eliminate all the wheel hop.

Raven is the first person ive ever known to effectivly turbo a 660 in a dime. you should probably pay attention when he drops knowledge
That is my main concern.. I feel when I do all this.. it's only going to end up with destroying the motor. Lol this is going to seem bad.. why do ya'll call it 660? and I'm lookin for closer to 300 whp. That's plenty for me lol..
Old 05-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #32

660 = 6 cylinder 60 degree, or "60 degree v6".

The stock Sy/Ty manifolds are cast, and while it can be welded (I've done it), it's a crack waiting to happen.

Best bet is make some complete mild or stainless steel headers, this will stay to gether better, and easier to work with, you also won't be cutting up a useable manifold.

I don't know what you know about the Sy/Ty, but I don't think you've ever seen the Sy/Ty exhaust layout, there's only one turbo, meaning only one turbo flange, meaning I don't know where you get this idea of making twin turbo manifolds from a set of Sy/Ty manifolds. It would require two passenger side manifolds to get two turbine inlet flanges. But as said, the turbine inlet flanges are cheap and readily available.

300 is plenty, and can be made to hook up. Slapper bars will help more than a posi or locker, but both together will work better. Some guys use Caltrac bars instead of slapper bars.

With 219 WHP in my Jimmy I ran a traction limted (no traction devices and street tires) and fuel limited (too small of an injector), 13.8 at 99 MPH. Should have been a mid 13 if I could have had more fuel in 4th gear where it fell on it's face. My 60' was pretty slow at 2.07 seconds.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #33

660 = 6 cylinder 60 degree, or "60 degree v6".

The stock Sy/Ty manifolds are cast, and while it can be welded (I've done it), it's a crack waiting to happen.

Best bet is make some complete mild or stainless steel headers, this will stay to gether better, and easier to work with, you also won't be cutting up a useable manifold.

I don't know what you know about the Sy/Ty, but I don't think you've ever seen the Sy/Ty exhaust layout, there's only one turbo, meaning only one turbo flange, meaning I don't know where you get this idea of making twin turbo manifolds from a set of Sy/Ty manifolds. It would require two passenger side manifolds to get two turbine inlet flanges. But as said, the turbine inlet flanges are cheap and readily available.

300 is plenty, and can be made to hook up. Slapper bars will help more than a posi or locker, but both together will work better. Some guys use Caltrac bars instead of slapper bars.

With 219 WHP in my Jimmy I ran a traction limted (no traction devices and street tires) and fuel limited (too small of an injector), 13.8 at 99 MPH. Should have been a mid 13 if I could have had more fuel in 4th gear where it fell on it's face. My 60' was pretty slow at 2.07 seconds.
Honestly. I don't know much.. just what i have seen in vids/pics and read in specs and reviews. i did know they are single turbos. which is more then enough for my dime. mine already does easy 100 mph. with my chip and clutch. the turbo is the just in case thing lol. as far as injectors go.. is that a easy swap (4.3 injectors on a 2.8) i'm also considering a throttle body spacer.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #34

whats the 60 degrees?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #35

whats the 60 degrees?
dont waste your money on the TB spacer lol. it may cause hood clearance issues and doesnt yield any additional power. keep doing your reasearch and asking questions, if you turbo your engine, you have to know how to tune the ecm. otherwise you will blow it up, the factory ecm wont know what to do when it sees boost. better to go with a multi port setup with an ecm(syty) that is made for a turbo application. if you want to get some wrench time to be more familiar with performance upgrades you can always do the 4.3/5.7 throttle body swap. the bores on the 2.8 throttlebody are the first big bottleneck. you would have to grind or hone the bores in the intake manifold, thats the most complex part of the swap. you would also need to rework the throttle bracket and cable because the 4.3/5.7 throttlebody mounts it slightly different. and you would have to switch out the 2 fuel injectors from the 4.3. you can just swap the whole injector pod from your 2.8 TB to the new 4.3 TB.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #36

dont waste your money on the TB spacer lol. it may cause hood clearance issues and doesnt yield any additional power. keep doing your reasearch and asking questions, if you turbo your engine, you have to know how to tune the ecm. otherwise you will blow it up, the factory ecm wont know what to do when it sees boost. better to go with a multi port setup with an ecm(syty) that is made for a turbo application. if you want to get some wrench time to be more familiar with performance upgrades you can always do the 4.3/5.7 throttle body swap. the bores on the 2.8 throttlebody are the first big bottleneck. you would have to grind or hone the bores in the intake manifold, thats the most complex part of the swap. you would also need to rework the throttle bracket and cable because the 4.3/5.7 throttlebody mounts it slightly different. and you would have to switch out the 2 fuel injectors from the 4.3. you can just swap the whole injector pod from your 2.8 TB to the new 4.3 TB.
well my truck has a cowl hood for one however.. that sounds really complicated... lol. i don't know exactly what I'm goin to do with mine yet..
i think I'm goin to start by jerkin my motor out lol. don't really know what i'll be gettin into.. lol.. but I guess i'll find out..
Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #37

If a TB swap sounds complicated, don't even think about attempting to turbocharge your engine.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #38

If a TB swap sounds complicated, don't even think about attempting to turbocharge your engine.
..wow.. that's just demeaning. The whole point of the project, for me anyways, is for it to be complicated.. to have something no one around here has.. that no one would even attempt to begin with. I'm not lookin for insults.. I'm looking for answers.. As in how would I go about doing a TB swap. Will a TB bracket off a 4.3 work on my 2.8 intake?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #39

dude, do your self a favor and go visit a junkyard. dont buy anything, just browse the 4.3/2.8 trucks and for gods sake before you try to mod a 2.8 learn why GM used the 660's for so long. research a little more and save yourself some insults
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #40

..wow.. that's just demeaning. The whole point of the project, for me anyways, is for it to be complicated.. to have something no one around here has.. that no one would even attempt to begin with. I'm not lookin for insults.. I'm looking for answers.. As in how would I go about doing a TB swap. Will a TB bracket off a 4.3 work on my 2.8 intake?
It wasn't meant to be insultingit was meant to be truthful.

A TBI swap is probably one of the easiest modifications on these trucks and if it sounds daunting a custom turbo build will be even more daunting.

If you don't like me being truthful and honest with you, then you won't like me much. I say it how I see it.

If you want to find out about the TBI swap, then use that little button at the top labeled "search" and you can find out way more information than you need about it in text form, then apply what you've read to practical.

thsi particular thread you are posting was started to discuss turbocharging a 2.8, not about a TBI swap.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #41

raven may be a little rough around the edges, but everything you just described that you want to do he has already done. what he is saying is if you dont know what a simple tb swap is, then a turbo project is too steep of a project for you to accomplish right now. the biggest thing to remember is that you have to know how to tune the ecm to run boost. you cant just throw a turbo on there and expect it to stay together. considering the 660 doesnt have an aftermarket like a camaro or mustang does, everything that you want done is going to be a one off custom. very few shelf parts are available

i just cut my 2.8 throttle bracket and used the part that holds the cable and welded a tab to the bottom. drilled a hole and mounted it with one of the bolts that holds the thermostat thousing down. can you weld, or do you have a welder?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #42

raven may be a little rough around the edges, but everything you just described that you want to do he has already done. what he is saying is if you dont know what a simple tb swap is, then a turbo project is too steep of a project for you to accomplish right now. the biggest thing to remember is that you have to know how to tune the ecm to run boost. you cant just throw a turbo on there and expect it to stay together. considering the 660 doesnt have an aftermarket like a camaro or mustang does, everything that you want done is going to be a one off custom. very few shelf parts are available

i just cut my 2.8 throttle bracket and used the part that holds the cable and welded a tab to the bottom. drilled a hole and mounted it with one of the bolts that holds the thermostat thousing down. can you weld, or do you have a welder?
I can't weld no. but my friend does.. he's in the process of teachin me. If it wasn't something like that. I would just try to do it myself.. but don't wanna mess it up .
Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #43

I was lookin at your build thread blazer and will fiero valve covers work on my motor? Those fiero's are real big around here.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #44

I was lookin at your build thread blazer and will fiero valve covers work on my motor? Those fiero's are real big around here.
ya the 2.8 fiero 660 is the same as a 2.8 s10 engine, except for the mpfi
Old 05-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #45

well heck yea. there is alot of those around here. I did like your valve covers.. I'll defiantly have to check into that.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #46

lack of what now?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #47

Quote: Originally Posted by 86roller
lack of what now?
If your talkin to me.. Then it's Lack Of Skills.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #48

Ok, i have seen plenty of people do this before on your engine and mine, i have 92 camaro im in the process of tuning, and there is a guy on thirdgen.org who has done this to the same engine, it is possible on stock internals. twin turbo kind of a waste of money if your just looking to pull a little bit of extra power out that and i wouldnt recommend it unless you feel like rebuilding your engine the day after you turbo it...
However, all you really need to to is upgrade your injectors, fuel pump and fmu or you can just get an on board tuner and avoid having to do the FMU.

ebay has everything u need for under 1200 turbos for the most part are universal depending on how big of an engine your using if you are putting it on a stock 2.8 chances are your not going to be using much more than 5 to 7 psi anyway. no one makes turbo headers for the 60degree V6's but if you have a good welder and alot of patience boosting this engine isnt as hard as what people make it... just be patient and unless your upgrading your internals keep your boost low to mild. here is a link that should really give you some insight. hope this helps http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...ing-turbo.html
Old 03-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #49

this thread is a little old dont ya think?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:36 AM   #50

@G92RS if your only looking at 7-9lb of boost wouldent it be better/easyer/simpler to supercharge the engine instead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.