1992 S10 electrical diagram - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

1992 S10 electrical diagram

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 60v6 Forum (2.8/3.4)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #1

1992 S10 electrical diagram

Anyone have an idea why the 2.8L engine is not listed in the electrical diagrams manual from GM?? I have the original diagrams manual that is approximently 11" X 17", and it just shows the 2.5L and 4.3L engines.

Any comments are welcome!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #2

Re: 1992 S10 electrical diagram

Check the 2.5 diagram against your car. I have found a few extra wires normally only used in a 2.8 while looking through my 2.5. This gives me the eeery feeling that the wiring is the same. The computer is simply a different. Mine is a 89/ 5 speed and each time I found a wire I went looking in my haynes it was used for something. Something that didnt even exist in my 2.5

Yes my Haynes has the 2.8 dont know about 92 though.

One prime example being the knock sensor. Heck my son has a 2.8 in a 87 body that was an 86 motor. Apparently the knock sensor didnt exist in 86 so the wire wasnt hooked up when the 86 block and computer was used.

Dont take my answer for fact, but I sure have seen this and felt really strange about some of the extra wires I came up with. I'd look up the color and find it supposedly hooked on the 2.8 but in my 2.5 harness and doing nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.