S-10 Forum banner

1990 Chevy s10

1K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  RainH2o 
#1 ·
Hi i got a 1990 Chevy s10 2.8L and it refuses to run good when the engine is cold if i start it up and help it idle for about 10mins then it runs better but still not great. I was wondering what the problem may be?
Thanks

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply i havn't had any luck reading the codes mostly because i dont have an old OBD1 reader. Have you happened to see what yours is throwing? I read that it may be the ECT but ive replaced goo many sensors and i want to make sure that is the problem before i go for this one too

#4 ·
You don't need a reader just jump pin a&b ( use a paper clip or piece of wire to make a jumper) on your OBD plug they are the last two pins on the top row on the right then watch CEL (check engine light) it should flash once then twice to tell its working that's a code 12. Then it will flash any additional codes after that. it will show you the code three times and then move on to the next one if there is more than one. The plug is on the right side of the steering column at the bottom of the dash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.