TEO4H turbo? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

TEO4H turbo?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 2.2L - 2nd gen 4-banging
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Buoyant

User is: OffLine
TEO4H turbo?

picked one up for $10.00 today. took it off the manifold and it spins freely. fixin on doing a small boost setup for my 2.2, dont want 9million horsepower, just a project to do in my spare time. anyone ever delt with this turbo?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
tu-tu guru

Re: TEO4H turbo?

looks like a 14g or somethin
Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
2.2L turbo

did that come of a laberon by any chance,, i think it looks looks like it not sure thoe
Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
2.2L turbo

Quote: Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn
looks like a 14g or somethin

sorry not a 14b = TD05H-14B
Old 09-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
Buoyant

I think it did. it was still on the manifold n such pulled out of a pile of manifolds.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
tu-tu guru

whered you get it for 10 bucks...lol
Old 09-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
tu-tu guru

heres what google says

In 1988 Mopar went to a small, fast spooling turbocharger for their non-intercooled engines, boost was 7 to 9 pounds depending on the application. In 1989 the mitsu turbo received a larger exhaust outlet for better exhaust flow. My Mopar literature for 1989 states that the mitsu turbo used on the 2.5 had internal mods for more airflow, perhaps the larger exhaust housing is what they were referring to. No parts are interchangeable between the Garretts and the coolant & oil lines are different as well. The mounting flange bolt pattern is the same however (same exhaust manifold) and the exhaust donut is in the same location.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #8
tu-tu guru

heres what it also says....not so good...lol

For performance use I cannot recommend a stock Mitsubishi turbo AT ALL! It has a much smaller compressor, the shaft bearings are a third the size of a Garretts and the exhaust housing is a major restriction! The backpressure at high boost levels must be obscene, the picture above shows the difference in exhaust housing passage sizes. The mitsu's is about the size of ONE 2.2 exhaust port!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
Buoyant

Quote: Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn
whered you get it for 10 bucks...lol

I live in po-dunk. stopped by the local repair shop, asked if he knew where i could get a turbo that needs rebuilt or something. he had it sitting in a pallet crate of manifolds.....

as for chrisonllyn
o well, it was 10 bucks, ill just screw around n see what i can come up with. maybe i can make it work, maybe not. thanks for the reasearch, i read that page you showed but wasnt sure if they was the same or not.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #10
boosted 2.2L

User is: Online

Quote: Originally Posted by Buoyant
I live in po-dunk. stopped by the local repair shop, asked if he knew where i could get a turbo that needs rebuilt or something. he had it sitting in a pallet crate of manifolds.....

as for chrisonllyn
o well, it was 10 bucks, ill just screw around n see what i can come up with. maybe i can make it work, maybe not. thanks for the reasearch, i read that page you showed but wasnt sure if they was the same or not.
i was going to start with a cheap turbo (14b) that is untill they said the cartridge was shot and would cost 500 for a new one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.