Fuel line routing - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Fuel line routing

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 2.2L - 2nd gen 4-banging
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Bring back *DARK STYLE*

User is: OffLine
Lightbulb Fuel line routing

So im trying to run my fuel lines and delete the evap can at the same time. Now i have found this picture..

So my question would be.. Can i just run the return line from the engine to the green port on the fuel pump itself? Has anyone else done it this way. Im not worried about the ses light. So any ideas?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Bring back *DARK STYLE*

Re: Fuel line routing

Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
I Like Fire....HaHaHa

Thats my picture I made several years ago. I'm pretty damn sure you can do what you want but you might get a error code.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
I Like Fire....HaHaHa

What I mean is, mechnically I think it would be fine but electronically you might get a code. There is a plug on the evap purge solenoid. That might produce the code if its removed.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Bring back *DARK STYLE*

Quote: Originally Posted by NickZigaitis
Thats my picture I made several years ago. I'm pretty damn sure you can do what you want but you might get a error code.

Finally a response..

But yea the pic was one of the better sources i found while searching. That and a thread djd posted. I have come to the conclusion that ill just remove the canister all together. Rerun the lines and just put a little vent/filter were the canister lines would of ran. Hopefully tht'll work and i wont get all the built up pressure in the tank every one talks about.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
Afterhours Admin

Actually you will get tremendous vacuum in the tank, not pressure, if you were to just connect the line from the engine right to the tank, and thats because you are pumping all the fuel out of the tank and burning it up, and youre not allowing anything into the tank to replace it. The Evap system allows air back into the tank so it doesnt build vacuum, and does so without allowing fumes to escape. If you put the vent on you will be fine but youll def throw a code if youre 95+.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
It's "Neanderthal"

If there was a vacuum in the tank, how could anything, especially fumes, exit the tank? There will be no vacuum because the gas cap will allow air in to displace the gasoline. The cap also has a pressure venting valve that will blow off if the tank sees more than a few PSI, needed if the evap systm totally clogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.