91 s10 v8 swap - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

91 s10 v8 swap

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > 2.5L - 1st gen 4-banging
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 02:21 AM   #1
AVTekk is my HERO

User is: OffLine
91 s10 v8 swap

hey I have a question real quick, I'm building a 350 sbc for my s10 hoping to make it a nasty motor with the hydraulic roller cam and all but there has been some confusion on the special oil pan? some say you need it others say you dont and I have read you do and do not.... I'm kinda lost anyone who has done it please let me know
Old 04-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
that shits tight son

Re: 91 s10 v8 swap

It all depends. The only v8 swap I did I was able to retain my stock sbc oil pan. It really just depends on the shape, its hit or miss.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #3

No special oil pan necesary, a stock truck model pan will give you penty of room.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
AVTekk is my HERO

allright thanks, just another quick question though was it an easy drop in for you or is it easier to take the front clip off
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #5

yes it was pretty easy my truck is a 91 standard cab standard bed that was a 4 cylender, manual trans. that i converted to a 350 sbc (out of a 78 3/4 to van and used the vans oil pan with no problems encounterd) with a TH350 trans (out of a 71 car?) . I took the front clip off it is pretty easy to do and will save many headaces. the engine and trans went in as one unit bolted together. I used JTR mounts and used the blazer mounting slots with a 1/8inch spacer plate on the drivers side wich put the engine low enuff that I can use a 3 inch tall air filter mounted in a one inch spacer and i can shut the stock hood (no cowl). Also I only needed to hammer the floor boad on the passernger side where my headmen shorty header exits at. And you should be able to reuse your stock trans crossmember, I did, all I had to do was move the crossmember to the forward set of holes on the drivers side. Also for the fuel system my truck was a TBI so to lower the pressure for a caburated set up I used a mallory return style fuel pressure regulater to keep the in tank fuel pump set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.