Swapping? Heres A List Of Parts And Answered Questions! - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Swapping? Heres A List Of Parts And Answered Questions!

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > V8 Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2002, 04:34 PM   #1
Muppet Baby Member

User is: OffLine
Lightbulb Swapping? Heres A List Of Parts And Answered Questions!

Ok Boys and Girls, I know a lot of you have questions on doing a swap out of your poor 4 bangers or mere 4.3s to run with the pride of having a V8. First Id like to Say, YES, it can be done. Here is some Common known engines that will fit.

Now I know you can bore out and everything, but anything it that range will fit with no modification to the firewall. 427s and 454s, CAN be done, but involves more serious firewall work, and is only recommended if you’re really into it. Keep in mind; ANYTHING is possible with Time, Money, and a Welder

-----------------------------2.2 L EFI>>>>>> 350 V8 EFI------------------
Now Ill start off with you 2.2 guys, since your struggling for power the most. First of all, the swap of a 2.2 requires a lot of time and patience. To make this easier, I’m doing a fuel-injected engine to a fuel-injected engine. Meaning there’s no need for gas tank modifications. If you go from carbureted to EFI, or vice versa then you need a new Gas tank unit for the appropriate method.

Ok, now lets start.

THESE PARTS *NEED* TO BE REMOVED-

Engine
Tranny
Radiator
Harness
Computer

THESE PARTS STAY-

Master Brake cylinder
AC/Heater boxes

THESE PARTS WILL BE *NEEDED* -

350 Engine (COMPLETE - IE Alternator, Intake, Fuel Injection unit, ect)
Engine mount adaptors (See links at bottom of thread)
Headers (See links at bottom of thread)
Tranny
Computer
Harness
Radiator
Electric FANS

*** Note, when buying parts, keep in mind what engine you have ect, make sure that your harness will work with the engine, the computer is for a Standard/Auto tranny ECT. Make sure everything’s right B4 you dig in****

PARTS THAT CAN BE USED FROM A 2.2, BUT RECOMMEND REPLACING -

Coolant over flow tank
Washer fluid tank
Drive shaft (will need to be modified if you keep it)
Rear End

Ok. That’s the gist of it. Like I said, there’s A LOT of work involved in it for a 2.2>350. If you have it hired out, expect an easy $3k labor bill, On top of the parts costs.

(Remember you can always ebay that 2.2 and parts as well to make a little income back, some people like all Show no go )

INSTALLING -

If you’re doing it yourself, get a manual from the links at the bottom of the page, and read up. Common engine knowledge helps, (IE what’s where for what purpose) oh yeah, and you need to be able to turn a ratchet . Basically, Run the Harness and computer first. It will go in the same way the old one came out. Your probably going to have to have a custom harness made for some things like gauges and stuff. The Manual at the bottom will tell you all about that. But once the harness is run and installed with the Computer, then you should mount the tranny. This is where the drive shaft modification comes in, depending on what tranny you got, it will prob. have to be shortened. I recommend a new drive shaft, even though the old one IS possible, for a couple of reasons. A) I new one will be stronger, and will fit properly. B) It will save you time of replacing the old one down the road if it does break. You have a 350 now, so your going to want to go fast, that skinny pipe isn’t going to hold up to too much. Once the tranny is in, drop in the big bad 350. A lot of people ask about front spring suspension, I went from 4.3 > 350 with no change in height, 2.2 springs maybe weaker (but at least it will look lower) But once the engine is in, plug it all in, Run coolant lines, ect. And put the new Corvette Radiator in, or whatever new radiator you got for the v8 application. May need some custom mountings, but nothing too bad. And then, hook up your electric fans. I HIGHLY recommend dual 14" fans in FRONT of the core support. Mine work WONDERS and with just a little back notching of a plastic easy to get at grill instead of messing with the firewall to get one between the Radiator/engine. Now except for a few odds /n ends, that will pretty much cover it.

---------------------------4.3 TBI to 350 TBI----------------------------------

To make this easier, I’m doing a fuel-injected engine to a fuel-injected engine. Meaning there’s no need for gas tank modifications. If you go from carbureted to EFI, or vice versa then you need a new Gas tank unit for the appropriate method.

Your job is A LOT simpler in most cases. But don’t let that fool you, its still a chore to do.

If you have a 4.3EFI from 87-93 TBI, if you get a V8 from that same time frame that’s TBI, you have little or no wiring issues, everything that plugs into the 4.3, will plug into the 350. When we did mine, we used everything from the 4.3 on the 350, including Throttle Body, Power steering, Water pump, Harness, and computer. But if you have a vortec, and are switching out, you need to pull harness and computer, and you need a complete 350, as most parts wont transfer. So with that in mind, here are the parts lists -

THESE PARTS *NEED* TO BE REMOVED-

Engine.
(If 94+ vortec to any other 350, Harness and Computer)

THESE PARTS STAY-

Master Brake cylinder
AC/Heater boxes
Tranny
Drive train
Radiator (pull it to remove/install the engines though)

PARTS that will be *NEEDED* -

Engine
Engine mounts (See links at bottom of thread)
Headers (See links at bottom of thread)
Electric fans
Harness and computer (if 94+ swap)
***NOTE, when purchasing harness/computer or having a harness made, make SURE it’s for the proper Tranny and dash setup!!! Hate to plug it in, and not have it work!!! ****

Basically, its the same install path as the 2.2, get your harness in, and computer, install the new engine mounts, then drop the engine in, plug it in, Install headers. Put rad. Back in. once again, I recommend the fans in front of the Core support. Get in and test it out. ect.

****For Both Installations- if you want the fan in FRONT of the V8, and behind the core support, you need to shorten the drive shaft, scoot the tranny back, pound some room on the firewall for engine tabs, and Distributor Clearance, and slide it all back on the Engine mount adaptors. Keep in mind, that’s makes extremely hard to do menial tasks/tune ups, such as Replace Spark plugs, install new Wires, and Run exhaust. ****

Now this was just a ROUGH sketch of a swap, and it answers most questions, with a few recommendations, here are the links for the manuals, and parts -

JTR - lots of people use these guys

Advance adaptors, will have all your answers here too

Any MORE questions, post them in here, We'll be glad to help, plus this will clear out the clutter in the V8 forum, about everyone asking about swaps

Thanks guys, and many happy cylinders!

Last edited by Beeker; 12-09-2002 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:00 PM   #2
curtis026

If your using the computer off your old 4.3 non vortec to put on the new 350 isnt it going to make your engine run lean? I thought you had to get the computer and all that stuff that was made for the 350 to make it run at the right mixture? Could be way off on this one, im new to working on Chevys.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #3
Muppet Baby Member

Well, it might run lean, but it will Run, You can also have that tuneded, and Upped, I believe. This was just a general to help answer a lot of common questions I see.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:59 PM   #4

if u dont mind me asking what does a full conversion cost ...
Old 12-09-2002, 10:17 PM   #5
Awesome User

My dad and I plan on getting my 350 in my truck this winter! I hope, or i'ma die!! I get tired of ****ing waiting, considering i've already got the engine and all! just need motor mounts, headers and ****.. which comes from Christmas money!! -Adam
Old 12-09-2002, 11:28 PM   #6
Muppet Baby Member

CONGRATS!
Old 12-10-2002, 01:41 AM   #7

what about new vortec engines (V8)
Old 12-10-2002, 01:49 AM   #8
Muppet Baby Member

same thing applies, New Computer and harness if swaping one in
Old 12-10-2002, 02:49 AM   #9

Whut if i want to go from a 95 CPI to a newer LS1 / LT4?
Old 12-10-2002, 02:52 AM   #10
Muppet Baby Member

New harness and Computer
Old 12-10-2002, 01:13 PM   #11

do stock exhaust manifolds fit?
Old 12-10-2002, 02:33 PM   #12
Muppet Baby Member

In most cases, No, I highly reccomend headers for a decent fit, and better Access to Spark plugs. With the headers, the steering shaft goes between 2 loops in the drivers side header, and Im pretty sure if they were manifolds, it would not fit, or rup horribly
Old 12-10-2002, 03:26 PM   #13

MONEY MONEY MONEY what does this conversion cost?
Old 12-10-2002, 07:44 PM   #14
curtis026

Im sure it depends, not everyones cost is going to be the same. Look around for an engine and trans and add that cost together. Then you go and add the cost of the headers and mounts and you add that total to the previous one. Whatever ammount that comes out to be just know your probably not anywhere near what you are going to actually spend. Good rule of thumb is to figuire out a price and then double it.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:16 PM   #15
Muppet Baby Member

^^^^ What he said, lol, Thats a good answer. And thats why I posted, I wanna help out as many people as possible., and when people can exchange info thats cool if It gets cluttered, Ill just repost it so then they can put it in the archives :/
Old 12-23-2002, 05:45 AM   #16
Aint broke? IMPROVE

COST?? I am in the middle of my 2.8 to 305 conversion and have already invested about two grand. And I am not done yet... The engine is done and sitting on the stand, have aquired a clutch kit, bellhousing, exhaust (camero exhaust will work, you have to modify the firewall a little on passenger side by heater box, and shave a little on the drivers side and remove the plastic on the stearing shaft for clearance), i am stuck looking for an applicable oil pan, need a deep sump...wondering if moroso deep sump will fit????? have 4x4 and need to clear front axle assembly, looking for thread in slave cylander that will work with clutch fork and bellhousing instead of roll pin. Moving radiator into core support, need short (about 16 inch tall) radiator, to maintain normal fan, have downgraded wiring to basics (any comments..suggestions?), and soon to be adding a holley red fuel regulator (bout 70 to 90 bucks) Am open to any comments and criticism......
Old 12-23-2002, 10:51 AM   #17
Oooo. It's so tiny!

Quick question on the 2.2 swap

With removing the 2.2's ECM, how much of the electronics controlled by the body control module will still work? (dash electronics, etc.) Here's what the BCM controls if anyone's interested.

The BCM controls the following functions:

Audible Warnings
Indicator Warnings
Interior Lighting
Exterior Lighting.
Power Door LOCK/UNLOCK
Remote Keyless Entry
Passlock(TM) Theft Deterrent
Content Theft Deterrent
AUDIBLE WARNINGS

Key in ignition reminder
Fasten seat belt reminder
Park brake reminder
Turn signal reminder
Headlamps ON reminder
INDICATOR WARNINGS

Security indicator
Cargo lamp on indicator
Fasten belts indicator
Park brake indicator
High beam indicator
INTERIOR LIGHTING

Interior illumination control
Delayed illumination
Illuminated entry
Exit illumination
Keyless entry unlock illumination
Inadvertent power (battery rundown) protection
POWER DOOR LOCKS

All door unlock
All door lock
Lockout prevention
KEYLESS ENTRY

Remote driver door unlock
Remote all door unlock
Remote all door lock
Remote panic alarm
Old 12-25-2002, 08:36 PM   #18
Muppet Baby Member

well, Thats why u need a special harness made to fit your New ECU to manage all those gadgets and gizzmos fool (it says that up Top lol
Old 12-27-2002, 06:02 PM   #19

stock manifold work off of a 1984-86 low porfomance camaro"rs" on a v8 swap if you wanna pinch pennies
Old 12-27-2002, 09:37 PM   #20
Oooo. It's so tiny!

Quote:
Originally posted by tjwenger
well, Thats why u need a special harness made to fit your New ECU to manage all those gadgets and gizzmos fool (it says that up Top lol
Just because you can plug it in, doesn't mean it's still going to work. The body control module isn't part of the ECU and I have no idea if GM uses the same BCM in all models. That's why I'm asking.

I do know you can program them to do different things such as whether or not you have the theft deterrent system. I'm just wondering how much of what the BCM does is influenced by the computer. They talk to each other via the serial data link. In other words, if I put in a different one, will the BCM flip out?
Old 12-27-2002, 09:39 PM   #21
Oooo. It's so tiny!

Quote:
Originally posted by xstinx
stock manifold work off of a 1984-86 low porfomance camaro"rs" on a v8 swap if you wanna pinch pennies
Thanks. My left nut for decent junkyard now. Everyone down here in the bubba belt drives their car until it's got 500K miles on it and uses more oil than gas.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:48 PM   #22

Hi,Up to 1992 s10 4.3L V6s USE a 700r4 trany,If you use a 305 or a350 Chev. The ECMs are the same,but you will need a PROM chip from a 1/2 ton P-U the same year as your s10, with the same options.For 1993 to 1994 the 4.3L uses a 4L60E tranyThe 93 or 94 ECM#16196395 or 16197427 are the same for 305 or 350 chev but you will need a 1994 1/2 ton p-u PROM same options this makes everything work. (DTNLUB) TOM
Old 12-28-2002, 10:16 PM   #23
Oooo. It's so tiny!

Quote:
Originally posted by dynlub
Hi,Up to 1992 s10 4.3L V6s USE a 700r4 trany,If you use a 305 or a350 Chev. The ECMs are the same,but you will need a PROM chip from a 1/2 ton P-U the same year as your s10, with the same options.For 1993 to 1994 the 4.3L uses a 4L60E tranyThe 93 or 94 ECM#16196395 or 16197427 are the same for 305 or 350 chev but you will need a 1994 1/2 ton p-u PROM same options this makes everything work. (DTNLUB) TOM
Thanks, but mine's a 2000. To recap, I'm gonna try the ECM/tranny/engine accessories out of a 2000 van on a new Targetmaster engine. That's the plan anyway.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:06 AM   #24
always 1 step ahead!!

with the BCM go to the chevy dealership and get the wiring diagram for each then just match the wiring together it should work...

this is what I have ""HEARD"" about the 94+ s10 swap.

the accesories off either a corvette or a vortec 350 will fit but a camaro won't

if you use the camaro manifold it will fit just fine

I don't know anything about it but I wish I did....

Jags that run don't (as of last time I checked) offer a book for the newer generation of s10's I wish they did. does anybody know of a site that starts and finishes a 94+ swap step by step with all parts used.. if I could see that I would be ready to go.. but I am getting soo many mixed signals I don't know where to start.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:22 PM   #25

V8 S10

TRUCKS on TNN did a swap about 1 or 2 years ago. Thay put a V8 in a XTREME PICKUP thay used a kit that came with everything EXCEPT ENG.TRANS.& COMPUTER it inc. headers, drive shaft etc. Check them out. It was a three or four week project on the show.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:08 PM   #26
Oooo. It's so tiny!

Re: V8 S10

Quote:
Originally posted by lodi3qtr
TRUCKS on TNN did a swap about 1 or 2 years ago. Thay put a V8 in a XTREME PICKUP thay used a kit that came with everything EXCEPT ENG.TRANS.& COMPUTER it inc. headers, drive shaft etc. Check them out. It was a three or four week project on the show.
Unfortunately, their website doesn't go that far back. Sent them an e-mail though. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:01 PM   #27

V8

I have it on tape I just have to find time to find it.Give me a couple of days.:thumbup:
Old 01-21-2003, 04:29 PM   #28

4.3 t 350 swap.

I just bought a 89 s-10 blazer. It had a 4.3 with 700 r4 in it. The motor and trans are gone. I have been reading the swap info but want to be sure what I'm doing the first time. Do I reuse the frame mounts and just but some conversion kit motor mounts? Which is the best? I'm going to run a 350 trans I would guess. I'm going with a carb set-up as I already have the motor done. I have the front sheet metal off already and am also looking into doing any with the a/c box. I want to retain heater controls. I saw a guy on e-bay selling a cover to work with 2nd gen camaros taking off the a/c box but didn't know if they are the same. I'm not going to run power steering and my heads don't have acces. holes in them(461). Thinking of just running the manifolds off my 78 camaro will they work? I don't like the idea of having the headers going into the steering shaft. Wanting to order the parts in the morning and want to get everything I need the first time,ha. Does someone know what gear codes work with the rear axle? I still have the sticker in the glove box. It's got some custom paint and nice wheels. Picked it up for 320.00 so thought I couldn't go wrong. My nice wife forked out the bucks. . I have the wiring figured out as long as everything inside still works. What year does the computer stuff effect the dash lights? I was planning on doing away with the computer stuff in the morning. How much do these blazers weigh? Could I get some pics of the engine mounts as well? Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 01:25 PM   #29
Redneck Off-Road

Quote:
Originally posted by otherd
Thanks. My left nut for decent junkyard now. Everyone down here in the bubba belt drives their car until it's got 500K miles on it and uses more oil than gas.
Man I hear you. I'm from Columbus, and we got sh!t for junk yards
Old 01-22-2003, 06:42 PM   #30
Oooo. It's so tiny!

Quote:
Originally posted by BadAss_S10_2002
Man I hear you. I'm from Columbus, and we got sh!t for junk yards
Try these guys. Closest outfit of any size that's a reasonable distance. (Fairburn location)

http://www.roadtestedparts.com/

Just transferred money to my checking account, going shopping next week. Woohoo!
Old 01-22-2003, 06:51 PM   #31

what vehicles came with a good 4-bolt main v8 that's throttle body injected

how hard would it be to do a tpi v8 from a camaro (computer and harness)
Old 01-22-2003, 08:56 PM   #32
Redneck Off-Road

Quote:
Originally posted by otherd
Try these guys. Closest outfit of any size that's a reasonable distance. (Fairburn location)

http://www.roadtestedparts.com/

Just transferred money to my checking account, going shopping next week. Woohoo!
Kewl thanks for the link. I'll check em out next time I'm up that way
Old 01-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #33

Not sure...

So you say a 87-93 4.3 tbi to a 350 tbi from the same time frame will use the same wiring harness. What makes the 94 tbi different? I have a 94 s10 Blazer, and I'm lookin to make this as simple as possible. What about a 350 with TPI? Will that have a similar wiring harness setup?

Josh
Old 01-28-2003, 12:04 AM   #34

One more thing....

Well it looks like basically my 4.3 is setup enough to wear I could just drop in the 350. Only thing I have a question about is the transmission. I have a 5 speed not an automatic. Will the 5 speed also bolt up and work with the 350 or is it best to have an automatic? How hard is it to swap in an automatic in place of a 5 speed?

Josh
Old 01-28-2003, 02:52 PM   #35
Redneck Off-Road

Well the 5spd will bolt up, but if you're putting anything over a stock 350 in it, you'll grenade that tranny in a heart beat. It would be best to put a NV4500 behind it, but I doubt you'd be able to fit it under the S-10 floor pan, much less the trans tunnel
Old 01-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #36

On second thought, I'd like to have an automatic anyway. What's the difference between the 700R4 and the TH350? I'd prefer not to have to shorten the driveshaft if at all possible. Basically I'm tryin to keep the cost of everything under 1500. The way I see it if I'm spending more than that I could just go buy a Z71 with a 350 already in it. Also with that automatic I'm going to need to have a floor shifter comin through where my stick shift used to be. Is there any place that makes a box of some sort to keep dirt and crap out for under my truck. I'm sure there's going to be a gap between the top of the transmission and the floor of the truck where the shifter goes through.

Josh
Old 02-04-2003, 07:58 PM   #37
CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

97 to no computer V8

what if ur taking out a 4.3L and are putting in a custom V-8 that only needs a stand alone computer for the intake (comes with it fuel injected)
Old 02-06-2003, 12:43 AM   #38
CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

what if your using a 383 with a stand alone fuel computer and your suing a painless wiring tranny computer how do you get ur gauges to werk or does the painless kit connect to the old connectors for the old PCM to work them?
Old 02-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #39

So this is my first post and I have A few questions. First, I have an 87' 2.5L EFI and after reading what has been said I am still wandering if I can swap out the 2.5 and drop a tree fitty that is carbed and not have to worry about the electronic BS to much. Second, The stock rearends in the 4x4 blazers and pick-ups were 8.5"ers right so if you throw one of those in the back it should make up for any weakness without killing your wallet on something custom. Third, What seats will fit in my pick-up, such as camaro or Vette or something around there.
Erik
Old 02-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #40

LT4

2000 model 4.3/4L60E.

i am going to swap in a '95 LT1, can i make it work with my 2000 4L60E with a diff PCM?
Old 02-12-2003, 12:24 PM   #41

hey guys, I too am new to the engine swap. My current 4.3L V6 rocks! ...I just want more...hehe

I'm still trying to figure out what engine I wanna swap. Which is the most horsepower for the lightest weight? I'm trying to find a good engine with a good balance of "lots of power" vs "lightest weight" vs "most upgradeable". I was planning on doing the 350 swap, but then I was thinking maybe I could just supercharge a 305...get the same horsepower and less of the weight.

Basically I'm looking for a web-site or someone to call that would know engine weights, power, torque, and other specs on the engines like top speed, redline, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:36 PM   #42

SIX OF ONE HALF DOZEN****

350-305-283-327-302-400
ALL SMALL BLOCKS JUST ABOUT THE SAME WEIGHT.

Old 02-12-2003, 12:49 PM   #43

what is the horsepower differences on those engines? are any of them smaller than the other?
I'm just looking to get the most bang for the buck basically. I would like as much room in the engine bay as possible with the same horsepower...

Truthfully I have no idea what I want...I'm just looking for answers on questions that pop into my head so that I can make a decision...
Old 02-12-2003, 02:01 PM   #44

All of those are also the same size LEFT TO RIGHT,FRONT TO BACK & TOP TO BOTTOM. As for bang for the BUCK? It depends the more BANG THE MORE BUCKS.What I mean is are you looking for a crouiser or a 1/4 mile beast.What ever you deside once you change to a V8 every thing down stream should be changed.BRAKES,TRANS.REAR,COOLING & SUSPENTION.OH also computor if you have one. KNOW WHAT YOUR FINISHED CAR WILL BE BEFORE YOU START.Also how much canyou do your self?

IT CAN MAKE YOU :banghead:
Old 02-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #45

First off, thanks for the patience in answering my questions...lol

As far as what I can do myself, I'm not sure. I've never really worked on an engine. It seems pretty straight forward. I have a lot of friends who have done engine work on theirs such as engine swaps, upgrades, etc who seem to know what they're doing that would help me out greatly.

I realize the process could take up to a month I guess, even with everything needed. I'm just confused as to what I want and I don't really want to pay a shop to figure it out for me.
I want a small block V8...duh...hehe with a 5speed tranny. (side note: can i get a 6speed to put in?).
I guess the easiest thing to do would be get a 305 TBI along with the respective harness and computer. Other than that everything else I have should work fine. I would like to upgrade my radiator and get an electric fan for it so I can take off the clutch fan assembly.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:50 PM   #46

GET it all from the same car inc.trans.. If your truck is not a stick you will have to get a peddel assembly from a truck that is.Do you have ABS it all matters. GOOD LUCK!

:banghead:
Old 02-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #47
2SMOOTH

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertigo
I realize the process could take up to a month I guess, even with everything needed. I'm just confused as to what I want and I don't really want to pay a shop to figure it out for me.
I want a small block V8...duh...hehe with a 5speed tranny. (side note: can i get a 6speed to put in?).
I guess the easiest thing to do would be get a 305 TBI along with the respective harness and computer. Other than that everything else I have should work fine. I would like to upgrade my radiator and get an electric fan for it so I can take off the clutch fan assembly.
What does your truck have in it right now for a trans? You said it has a 4.3L so, you can swap for a TBI V8 and use the same wiring harness, computer, trans, and rad. You would need to buy or make a set of motor mounts. If you were running a 2.5 or 2.8L you'd need to replace all of the above mentioned parts, but don't forget, you can get them from a wrecked 4.3L S-10. A lot of people overlook this when doing a swap and try to "slice in" a harness from a car or other make of truck....but you don't have to worry about any of that... Believe it or not, the swap you are looking to do is probably the easiest one ther is. Trust me, my buddy and I just did the exact swap about 5 months ago. It took us one night to haul out the 4.3L and install a Whipple supercharged 350 TBI. Hell, it took me to days to swap my 2.8L TBI for a carbed 350. If ya got any other question, forward em to me....

P.S. It is possible to run a 6-speed trans, but the shifter will be between the seats and you'll need to shorten the driveshaft.

Last edited by K-Man; 02-12-2003 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:13 PM   #48

So I have another quetion on rear-suspension. What is the best for the least cash. I was thinking of doing a mono-leaf with stiff A$$ shocks, traction bars, and a thick anti-sway bar(front and rear of course. what do you guys think? with around 450 ponies crankin would that hook-up or am I just thinking out of my a$$?
Old 02-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #49

I've got the stock 3spd with overdrive tranny that came with it.
Anyone got a TBI V8 they wanna sell? lol
...so everything should just bolt out and then bolt right back in with new mounts? It's that easy?
Does the hood still clear with the new engine or should I get a hood scoop or something?
Do I have to custom fab my mounts of does someone make them to buy for this application? I'm sure someone does...

So my stock ECU will work perfectly fine with the new engine? Would I need to get it reprogrammed to run with more fuel?

Could I find a wrecked S10 with a posi-rear end to swap into my limited slip as a direct swap or do I have to do some modifications to make that work?

Again, thanks everyone for your help!
Old 02-14-2003, 03:59 PM   #50
PA Roads SUCK!

Ok, ive got a 2.2L 5 speed.

I can get my hands on a newer 4.3L 5 speed tranny, so that there fixes all my transmission and driveline woes and mods for a stock motor. Right?

Im searching for a camaro with a 350ci Fuel Injected motor. And since ive got a tranny, i dont need a tranny and i could search for any camaro with a 350 (it would have manual or auto and it not matter). When i get the car, i know i need the Rad, Engine, wireing harness, all the AC stuff etc etc. Ill have the whole car to work with.

Now, will all that work with what i have to work with?

One more question, Wireing harness. Could i use a Painless Performance Wireing Harness for my application, and if not, what would be my best route? Im good with wireing, but i dont think im that good, i dont want to dig my own grave here. lol

I dont have power windows, or power locks. No visor lights, just basically a basic work S10 with the LS package and little options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.