LT1 on 2001 Chevy S10 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

LT1 on 2001 Chevy S10

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > V8 Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2002, 05:36 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
LT1 on 2001 Chevy S10

It prolly been asked before but....

I'm 'thinking' of starting an engine-swap project. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT - that's why i'm here to ask for your advice (s)

First, will a Corvette LT1 engine and transmission fit on a 2001 Chevy S10?

Second, what sort of problems will i encounter in going through this project? Is it worth the time, money, and effort?

Third, how long and how much does it usually cost to go through this project?

Website to visit, comments to read, etc. will be appreciated. I'm new and I'd really like to have an LT1 S10
Old 12-17-2002, 10:03 PM   #2

bump i want to know the answer!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:19 AM   #3
gumby green

Re: LT1 on 2001 Chevy S10

OK here i go, i am by no means and expert on LT1 swap, its just that i have throughly read my material so here is my $.02.

First, will a Corvette LT1 engine and transmission fit on a 2001 Chevy S10?

Yes It will, it will require pounding the firewall and the transmission tunnel a little for clearance, and if you get a t56 it will require you to cut custom holes for the shifter knob in the cab.

Second, what sort of problems will i encounter in going through this project? Is it worth the time, money, and effort?

One of the most common mistake on the conversion is the wiring harness, the EFI can get kinda tricky in the engine bay when there are hundreds of different wires everywhere. All dependig on how neat you can make it. No doubt there is alot of work involved but i assure that if the engine turns out running good then you'll have a nice 14 second truck!

Third, how long and how much does it usually cost to go through this project?

Most of the porject depends on how much of the swap/conversion parts you have readily available, if you plan on having everything you need (which is usually not the case) then the swap depends solely on how fast you want to work and how clean you want it to be. I have heard of LT1 swaps anywhere from 5000 all the way to 18000 including engine, tranny, and in some cases labor not done by the owner, it is all about how much you want to spend and how nice you want it to be.

Website to visit, comments to read, etc. will be appreciated. I'm new and I'd really like to have an LT1 S10 [/B][/QUOTE]
Old 12-18-2002, 08:21 AM   #4
gumby green

here is one to get some conversion parts

www.leeshightechtrucks.com

they look like the do a clean conversion
Old 12-18-2002, 10:27 AM   #5

thanks you.
wow!

do you think that swapping the 4 cyl into an LT1 is better than supercharging the 4 banger (including working on the internals)?
Old 12-18-2002, 12:50 PM   #6

Anything would be better than the miserable four banger, blown or otherwise. One thing about the 01 is that the electronics are all integrated. Door locks, radio, headlights all controlled by the ECM. This can be a nightmare when converting. I bought a93 low mileage Z28 total for the conversion and am looking for the right truck. Thinking a 98 might be the best all around. In your situation I'd really suggest selling or trading in your truck for a V6 powered model with ZQ8 suspension package. Might be cheaper in the long run.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #7

that make sense. if it works out, someone's looking at buying my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.