S-10 Forum banner

4 cyl to v8 motor mounts help

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JonJonC 
#1 ·
Ok guys I'm new to the forum and I have searched but caint find an answer. I have picked up a 84 s10 with a 4 cylinder and I wanna put a 350 in it. Does anyone make mounts that bolt to the frame or do I half to build some. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
You need 2.8 frame mounts and trans-dapt, jtr, etc engine mounts and hedman, patriot, etc headers, a 4.3 rad and shroud, a floor shifter is better if auto. Check out the sticky at top of V8 section or jtr.com website. If you wanna try low buck, get some 1/4" plate the width of chev car mounts and about 8-9" long, car V8 engine and frame mounts, and 78-87 a or g body manifolds. Then when you are seriously aggravated, order the mounts and headers made for the swap and do it the easier way. LOL It's hard to believe you couldn't find info. Summit has a complete exhaust for the swap too. Welcome, and use the google custom search near top of page if you can't find something, it helps a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.