2.2 to v8 swap - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

2.2 to v8 swap

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > V8 Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #1

2.2 to v8 swap

Considering buying an 1997 s10 with a blown 2.2. Body is in perfect shape and truck is selling cheap. Its an automatic. My question is I thought about buying this and my son and I make it a project and put a v8 in it. I haven't done this for years. Anyone have any good advice?

this would be a daily driver and we would not be in a big hurry to get it done.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #2

Re: 2.2 to v8 swap

I am just about to finish up a 97 with a 2.2 and a 5 speed to a carbed 355 with a turbo350 auto. What are your plans? Carb or fuel injection? Transmission? The auto in it now will not bolt up to a small block so you will nee a different one. I used a turbo 350 with a 9" tailshaft and was lucky enough that my driveshaft will still work. I believe the 700R4 is similar in length but it has overdrive. Just let me know what questions you have and i'll help as much as I can.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #3

Quote: Originally Posted by slammeds1077
I am just about to finish up a 97 with a 2.2 and a 5 speed to a carbed 355 with a turbo350 auto. What are your plans? Carb or fuel injection? Transmission? The auto in it now will not bolt up to a small block so you will nee a different one. I used a turbo 350 with a 9" tailshaft and was lucky enough that my driveshaft will still work. I believe the 700R4 is similar in length but it has overdrive. Just let me know what questions you have and i'll help as much as I can.

Thanks for reply. Thats what I'm trying too figure out . Carb or injected. Not sure which one would be the easier of the two. It will be an automatic definately. Are there pros and cons between carb and injected?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #4

Pros to carb is that its quick and easy to get hooked up and running. Pros to fuel injection is once its hooked up its gonna start without trouble no matter what conditions your in once its tuned properly and it will be more efficiecient for fuel mileage possibly. I ran carb cause it was quick and there is far less wiring to work on. I would like to build an injected truck later on but for now i'm content with running carbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.